devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Beta (TESTING) release ==>  (Read 59390 times)

Offline Cantstandya

Re: == PyTFall Beta (TESTING) release ==>
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
It's not a "fast-paced" game. Also, people tend to do really well when they strategize so you're way off or just not looking to try different stuff.

We need to make game world rules clearer though...
No shit the game isn't "fast-paced," at least in JONT (Jack o Nine Tails) you can increase the amount of AP by increasing your endurance. Why don't you make clear of what you CAN do because the amount of "can't dos" are stagnating. You have game here that has great potential, I wouldn't be here making critical comments about it. Actually I'm ready to drop it as a whole. Maybe in a year or two I will check it out again if it's not abandoned like the others proceeding it
 Btw, is there a guide on beta? I've read the alpha but I need to know the deal about the "Tier" system. Are there limits to starting out and prohibited use of such girls? Why can't I hire Maxed out girls? Why my slave won't fight in combat? She is part Assassin tho

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2018, 05:54:26 AM »
Btw, is there a guide on beta? I've read the alpha but I need to know the deal about the "Tier" system. Are there limits to starting out and prohibited use of such girls? Why can't I hire Maxed out girls? Why my slave won't fight in combat? She is part Assassin tho

Nope, no guide, we'll be adding a limited of "PyTFollopedia" in the game itself, similar to Civ games and will be expanding that as we move along. Assassin slaves come from modder packs, as the previous version of the city was nuked in the major slave revolt, slaves are forbidden from doing any kind of combat, in the future, this and other game world rules could be influenced through politics. You'll be able to free slaves in the Beta release as it comes out of the testing phase.

Maxed out girls will refuse to get hired by a low-level mc and you will be meeting better ones as you advance. Rule of the thumb is that one tier is about 20 levels but that also depends on stats and skills so tiering up can happen earlier or later than that. You normally want to use girls of the same or higher tier than the building they work in.

You can get more AP by increasing constitution (same as it was in Alpha) though items/events, maybe chopping wood. One of the trainers has a small chance of increasing that as well although those are majorly expensive.
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Hello :)

i want to know how create new quest or event in general .
and after how use the time and date for make some event with it because i had idea to do some event as birthday or christmas for example

;) 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2018, 06:16:20 AM »
We'll make a guide at some point if there are enough modders. I think frogs quest is very well documented, we also have an example.rpy file that explains how to show sprites and get them to communicate. All .rpy files are open-text so you can just pick a text editor (Atom/NotePad++/etc.) and go over them.

Time and date are simple (both in-game and real-life), there are no examples in the game but if you really cook something up, Dark or I will condition that for you.
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »
We'll make a guide at some point if there are enough modders. I think frogs quest is very well documented, we also have an example.rpy file that explains how to show sprites and get them to communicate. All .rpy files are open-text so you can just pick a text editor (Atom/NotePad++/etc.) and go over them.

Time and date are simple (both in-game and real-life), there are no examples in the game but if you really cook something up, Dark or I will condition that for you.

Hi,
ah it'll cool to have a guide like for character maker it's "clean", i understand better :)

i 'll want to learn the basic thing in creating , a easy quest/event that i 'll test before pass next step :)
My first ideas in example for event with date are: birthday of girl, event of christmass, implant of contest... so i need to use a date and time for repeat during the game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:47:07 PM by nemojason »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2018, 05:38:15 AM »

Hi,
ah it'll cool to have a guide like for character maker it's "clean", i understand better :)

i 'll want to learn the basic thing in creating , a easy quest/event that i 'll test before pass next step :)
My first ideas in example for event with date are: birthday of girl, event of christmass, implant of contest... so i need to use a date and time for repeat during the game.

Xmass is prolly a weird thing as a concept in PF. Birthdays should prolly be a field so it requires a very minor modification to the core, a contest is a decent idea depending on a setting I guess.
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2018, 10:39:59 AM »
Xmass is prolly a weird thing as a concept in PF.

Don't worry, my idea of xmass is .. naughty xd

nemojason

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
Ah i wonder too if i can resize picture of girl pack into 500*500 because there are some pictures when i resize in 1000*1000 (like Darkit said in a post), the picture become not clean..my pb is this picture was not easy to find xd

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2018, 11:29:12 AM »
Code: [Select]
ND_IMAGE_SIZE = (820, 705)
I'd use these dimensions with proportional scaling instead of 500x500. It very much depends on a type of images, not all image tags demand the same...
Like what we're doing?

nemojason

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2018, 02:59:26 AM »
Code: [Select]
ND_IMAGE_SIZE = (820, 705)
I'd use these dimensions with proportional scaling instead of 500x500. It very much depends on a type of images, not all image tags demand the same...

hi, ok thanks, i'll try this size for see what happen about my problem. i wonder if there are not a option in the software i use for resize (paint.net->individual resize and xnconvert->group of picture resize) for keef "clean" a picture.  My problem is there are picture small size, for example 200*200 and when i pass to 1000*1000 the picture is not good... at 500*500 it s medium quality...

nemojason

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:58:13 AM by nemojason »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2018, 11:28:33 AM »
If you're trying to do a pack, try posting that under modding. This is prolly the wrong thread for that.
Like what we're doing?