PyTFall > PyTFall: General information

<-- Archived -->

<< < (8/9) > >>

DarkTl:
You could try at least to use git for the source code only if you want version control so badly, and share all content via db. It's 3 MB against ~700 MB, this way the probability of error on the part of the git will be much less.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on September 11, 2013, 03:32:26 PM ---You could try at least to use git for the source code only if you want version control so badly, and share all content via db. It's 3 MB against ~700 MB, this way the probability of error on the part of the git will be much less.

--- End quote ---

Yeap, that is one possibility, yet there is a but coming... I want git version to mimic my dev version. Otherwise I'll have to maintain three copies of code and that's complete crap. It's possible to use git for everything but char/rchar folders and that might be an acceptable solution.

BTW: I do not want/use version control while I am on my own or someone else is working on a closed system (Like Rudi's tag system). But if someone wants to contribute some code, it might not be a bad idea to figure out how to get git working.

What I've found out:

--- Code: ---$> git config --global core.compression -1
$> git config --add core.compression -1
--- End code ---

Entering these two commands should solve the EOF error that doesn't allow repo to be downloaded normally. I've tried it and am downloading the repo right now as a guest (without membership on SF/Project). I've killed my internet twice, ran a lot of different software and overloaded my line through torrents and yet git is still going strong... I'll let you know how it ends. I am currently using GUI so it doesn't report how many % is left.

PS: Not the right place to post it but Roman started on a decent engine for exploration/combat that could resemble Kamidori (haven't played it yet) when it's done. We could use something like that in the future. I am feeling much better as well so plan is to resume working on the game (Arena) tomorrow. I've been reading/listening to Python lectures in the meanwhile :)

Update:
Same Error... but the folder is increasing in size every time. It could be a temporary error, git seems to suck for large projects. I think I will get the whole 1.6 GB eventually...

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on September 11, 2013, 03:53:25 PM ---git seems to suck for large projects

--- End quote ---
Maybe not only for large ones (§8 is so true  ::)). Just google for "git sucks" and enjoy even more angry reviews.

You could try bazaar or mercurial instead. The last one was created to effectively work with large repositories.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on September 11, 2013, 04:51:08 PM ---Maybe not only for large ones (§8 is so true  ::)). Just google for "git sucks" and enjoy even more angry reviews.

You could try bazaar or mercurial instead. The last one was created to effectively work with large repositories.

--- End quote ---

LoL

Mercurial gets extra points for Python... but they are very similar in their core... if git'll keep crapping out on us, I'll try mercurial next.

Xela:
Done with the git!

Fecking peace of cr@p downloaded 8.5 Gb of data for the project that's currently 1.6 GB and still failed to build sh!t. At this point I don't even care why there are errors or why it's not working. I am trying out Mercurial now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version