PyTFall > PyTFall: General information

<-- Archived -->

<< < (2/9) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 02, 2013, 10:53:32 AM ---I did delete the rpyc files, but forgot to mention that in my post. Sorry.

AFAIK, the git pull command merges the changes it pulls into the current branch, which was my local master at the time.
When I display the history of my master branch using gitk, the line for the latest revision looks like this:
(yellow dot) - master - remotes/origin/master - Fixed two more bugs

It seems to me the merge was successful.

Any other ideas? I appreciate the help.

--- End quote ---

I use GUI... When I pull, nothing merges. I have to merge master branch I pulled from origin to my local one to get the changes. Better ask Matt about this...

mijh:
To be clear, if this directory path exists, you should have successfully cloned the project:

renpy/pytfall/game/content/db

The latest commit as i post is 62a89d1cc623432099c7b80f1646af04ddd167a2

I just did a fresh clone following my steps and the game ran successfully. I am running Linux 64 bits, I believe Xela is running Windows

Make sure you are indeed running the master branch-

--- Code: ---git checkout master
git pull
--- End code ---

rudistoned:
@Xela
The GUI that came with my Git package only offers the fetch command, not the pull command. Pull is a combined fetch and merge operation, that's why new commits are automatically merged for me (if there are no conflicts). If you are doing in fact a fetch and not a pull that would explain why you have to merge afterwards.

@mijh
"renpy/pytfall/game/content/db" exists and contains four xml files (buildings, items, map and traits.xml)
I confirmed the identity of the SHA1 IDs with a == of python strings, which returned True
"git checkout master" reports "Already on 'master'"
"git pull" reports "Already up-to-date."

Thank you for your help. What else could have gone wrong?

I still get the same error on Start New Game. I will get a new clone of the repo, following the instructions in the opening post. Let's see how that goes.

If you have any ideas that I could try to solve my problems, please post them.

Thank you :-)

UPDATE: I extracted a new copy of renpy, cloned the repo based on the instructions in the opening post, and received the same error on "Start new game" :-(

mijh:
I just did a new download/unzip of renpy, fresh clone in git, on Windows 8 64 bit.

I can't use renpy.py or renpy.sh to start it in windows (I guess this is because I have a system python on my path), but renpy.exe starts and runs the game perfectly.

I'd suggest uninstalling any system python you have installed and deleting any copies you have of the game and renpy on your system, and then do a fresh download clone. Use git bash, not a gui.
Please report back exact error.

Brothel objects should definitely have an init attribute, it is one of their methods, defined on line 119 in classes - locations.rpy

BTW: I'd suggest idling on IRC (i.e staying in the client), so we can talk when we are both on. I missed your messages twice unfortunately. My client will notify me if you mention my name or send me a private message (so please do that next time!), most IRC clients won't notify on a normal channel message though, because they'd constantly be highlighted by busy channels.

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 03, 2013, 12:19:12 AM ---@Xela
The GUI that came with my Git package only offers the fetch command, not the pull command. Pull is a combined fetch and merge operation, that's why new commits are automatically merged for me (if there are no conflicts). If you are doing in fact a fetch and not a pull that would explain why you have to merge afterwards.

@mijh
"renpy/pytfall/game/content/db" exists and contains four xml files (buildings, items, map and traits.xml)
I confirmed the identity of the SHA1 IDs with a == of python strings, which returned True
"git checkout master" reports "Already on 'master'"
"git pull" reports "Already up-to-date."

Thank you for your help. What else could have gone wrong?

I still get the same error on Start New Game. I will get a new clone of the repo, following the instructions in the opening post. Let's see how that goes.

If you have any ideas that I could try to solve my problems, please post them.

Thank you :-)

UPDATE: I extracted a new copy of renpy, cloned the repo based on the instructions in the opening post, and received the same error on "Start new game" :-(

--- End quote ---

Man, I swear that I got exactly the same Error because local and remote master branches were not properly merged. Try deleting all .rpyc files, delete the bytecode.rpyb and simply try to check out into the remote/master branch and try running the game. Also make sure non of the files is open at that time, maybe your text editor is preventing upgrades (mine seems to be ok with it...)

Otherwise, I've NEVER heard of an issue with filepath due to Python being installed. If all fails, might be simpler for me or Matt to sync with master branch and pass freshly upgraded copy of the game through dropbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version