PyTFall > PyTFall: General information

Want to help? Read this!

(1/17) > >>

livingforever:
Hi everyone!
In this thread you will find an overview of current tasks, who needs help with what and who is taking care of it; so if you want to contribute to this awesome project, take a look here first.

In order to share your work with us, simply reply in this thread or send a private message to the correspondent. Please always include the title of the task that you worked on.
If you want to announce your willingness to help, reply in this thread with the task title and your approximate schedule (so we know when you will be ready).

Discussion, design & concepts

TitleHot topicDescriptionThe team is currently discussing combat and the battle engine.ContributionHave something to say about it? Say it here!
TitleEnemy designCorrespondentXelaDescriptionArena enemies are quite simplistic - so let's change that.ContributionDesign unique encounters (keep in mind that inspiration is not equal to copying).RequirementsKnowledge of what is possible and what is not
TitleSkill designCorrespondentXelaDescriptionCurrent combat skills are all just fireball variations (functionality wise). We can do better than that!ContributionDesign general, class- or character-specific abilities and implement them.RequirementsCreativity, some Python skills

Content

TitleRetaggingCorrespondentDarkTIDescriptionSince the adjustments of the existing tags, there are lots of packs that need to be adapted.ContributionDownload the necessary tool and get an overview over the new tags here. You can then find some of the packs that need work here.
TitleEventsCorrespondentXelaDescriptionPyTFall already has lots of possibilities to write events for characters, yet there are almost no events present.ContributionAdd or write events for the game, either by being creative and coming up with a story, dialogues and objectives, or by implementing other people's ideas.RequirementsCreativity and fluent English; Python skills are a plus
TitleCharacter dialoguesCorrespondentXelaDescriptionDialogues - both standard and character specific - are a constant work in progress - more options are never a bad thing.ContributionWrite new or improved dialogues for various situations, especially for meeting a character in the city.RequirementsCreativity and fluent English

Systems & implementation

There is nothing you can do!
Seriously though, this section currently doesn't have anything specific - but if you are a talented Python programmer we can definitely find you something to spend your time on!

Others

TitleFilling this postAssignmentXela, DarkTI, CherryWood, ThewlisDescriptionI definitely didn't catch everything here. It's on you to complete (or fix) this post!ContributionSend me a private message with errors I made or tasks I forgot. Please include a title, a description of the task, a description of how you want others to contribute and requirements (if any).

Alengthyname:
Hey there,

I'm an amateur writer and college student, I've done a few short stories and am working on a longer thing at the moment. I remember seeing the development for the game awhile ago, and I just now stumbled back across the forums.

So here I am, if you folks need any help with writing those pesky events and dialogues I'd be happy to help. I'm also (sort of) able to program in python if that's needed as well.

Here's an excerpt from the thing I've been working most recently, it's a story about a guy coping with the death of his wife by hopping into alternate universes wherein the actions and memories of his other selves invade him. https://docs.google.com/a/ucsc.edu/document/d/1QUV4Hjy3diWNw9Fp2NsyWiXdqX2-0_LIYoENqNh59s4

I'm occupied Monday through Thursday 5-10 Pm PST and I've got a varied day time schedule, but I'm pretty much always available late night and weekends.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing back from you folks!

DarkTl:
Hello. If you want to help with writing, I could propose you to write game prehistory for a start. Our constants are: there was a really huge slave riot in the past; during it someone used a spell or a device that turned city surroundings into unstable in terms of space zone with monsters and stuff (that's where players can fight them and serch for items and other stuff); during the riot main character's father disappeared.
Other than that, you can write pretty much anything as long as it as cool as your story about that guy  :)
If you have more questions about the game world, ask me.

Xela:
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=2125.0

Repo is here, you'll have to grab a couple of characters as well: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3401.0

At least one random character and maybe a unique pack like One Piece. If you decide to do that, I'll send you another 100MB file with character that are used in testing.

===
If you just want to write, Dark may suggest something specific, maybe I could as well but it's not easy to create content for a game you are not familiar with...

Baltazaar:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 12, 2015, 03:49:59 AM ---Hello. If you want to help with writing, I could propose you to write game prehistory for a start. Our constants are: there was a really huge slave riot in the past; during it someone used a spell or a device that turned city surroundings into unstable in terms of space zone with monsters and stuff (that's where players can fight them and serch for items and other stuff); during the riot main character's father disappeared.
Other than that, you can write pretty much anything as long as it as cool as your story about that guy  :)
If you have more questions about the game world, ask me.

--- End quote ---

Since I am bored, be thankfull.

"It is the same dream. Some nights, you manage to chase it away by alcohol, some nights by drugs.

But it allways returns, like a bad memory.

You are ten again, and you hold your fathers hand. You have had this dream so often, and never once did it change.

Your father is mostly faceless, a giant next to your tiny form. You hold his hand, as you run. To the left, and to the right, people fall, fighting, to the ground. The bad people, that you nowadays know are slaves, but with your dream-self, you just see them as monsters. Monsters that jump on the back of the cotton candy merchant, and beat him with mugs. Monsters that have chains, and strangle the strong and nice people of the guard. Left, right, left....

Again, as every night, you dodge the swing of the saber, that a guard uses against the monster people, and cling to your father. You feel ashamed. You know you do not even remember anymore how your father looked.... You want to look at his face, but there is just this blank space. All you remember is his voice.

He tells you that the bad people have done something to the crystals that shield the city. They put too much math in them, and now they do not work right anymore.

Around the corner, more dragged then actually running, and your father changes into a warrior. You have vague memories of the man that allways sat behind strange machines, and who liked numbers. You had never expected that he could also, in one smooth motion, bash the teeth of a bad person in, grab his sword, and impale a second. He changed... Changed for you.
To protect you.

You are afraid, but also incredibly proud. My daddy protects me like this. he is not even military, he works directly for the city, and he kills people if I am in danger.

More and more people close in. Your daddy holds a hand up, and listens, and then drags you over to one of the warehouses.

he telkls you that it is dangerous, that you should go inside, and he would pick you up. You cry, hysterical, and out of mind,. You do not want to loose your daddy.

You see how he takes a key from a chain around his neck. It is strange, and a bit too big. he tells you, this is the key to the place where daddy went when it all was too much. he is sure he can trust it to you, because where daddy is going, he needs to be fast.

can he trust you, to keep the key untill he comes back?

A nod, and a whimper. You want to cry, want to tell hiom that you do not even remember his face anymore, just his voice, and his smell.... Want to beg him to at least tell you where he goes, so you know where to look for him. But all you can say is a whimper.

He hugs you one last time, and puts you in the basket, before he pulls you up to the fourth story. he waves to you, once you climbed in the storeage, and you can see that he is crying as well. Then, he turns around and runs.

This is the last time you saw him, you realize as you wake up and see that you cried again in your sleep. One day he was there, and the next day he was just gone. All that was left of him was his key, and that reoccurring dream.

You stayed up there for two weeks. Ate apples from the storage facility, while beneath, the slaves rerrected barricades. Slept up there, while the slaves dragged the former masters out of their houses, and strung them up on streetlamps. Stayed there, untill you heard the sound of the military retaking the area, and your uncle in there.

They called it a wonder. A child surviving one of the worst slave riots unharmed like that?

They took care of you, you remember, as you whipe the sleep and the saltiness of tears from your eyes. mascott, they called you. But sooin, it was clear, they were no family.

One more mouth to feed.

You lived on the streets for a year, before you could find out where your dads place was. a hut, full of his estoteric notes. You managed to sleep there, all alone, a beggar by day, a thief by night.

You realize that you still haven't given up hope. You know now that your father worked with magic. his notes are still here, in a locked wooden box, waiting for the day when he comes through the door, and wants them. It is the dream of a child, that has learned to trust no one. That has learned to grow up too quickly, that there are no handouts, no hero fathers, no rich relatives.... The dream that the one person you loved more then anything would one day come back, and allow you to be a child again. "

Fit as an intro story?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version