PyTFall > PyTFall: General information

Fun game, but I seem to have some issues with it..

<< < (12/12)

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---With regard to the Arcana Heart minor girls, I kind of figured it was at least a 'work in progress' if not a test considering how few images they had in their folders. I'll continue to hold off on adding them as 'regular' girls into the alpha for now, unless I get curious.

--- End quote ---
It's not like I made Arcana Heart packs small intentionally though, I never do it. I always add all good pictures I can find  :)
They simply don't have any more, so we don't have a choice but treat them as minor characters.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---That said, what would be a good or 'recommended' amount of images to make a pack? I felt like even having around 50 images didn't make for very much variety, so perhaps 100 images or so?
--- End quote ---
I think about 50 is absolute minimum. Any lower, and you might as well threat the character as a minor one. Ideally at least 100-200, depending on the character.

As for max values, logical limit is 65535 pictures, but too huge packs may work slow. Because when we want to show an image, we look for a suitable one in the whole pack. So 100-200 pictures, or at very least no more than 1000 is the best.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---Cat Girl trait
--- End quote ---
Currently it's replaced by more generic Furry trait, since we don't have any cats packs. But of course adding it again is super easy if we'll have cat packs one day.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---And at the least, if you guys don't significantly change the tagging system anytime soon, they should work right away in the beta as well.
--- End quote ---
Without a doubt we will change json data files format many times, but we will never change the tags format anymore.
Or, rather, we can add additional tags for entirely new types of pictures if people will ask for it (like adding a tag for tentacles pictures), but already existing tags and image types are set in stone.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---The slime girl also somehow has 40 / 35 Joy -- higher than the maximum value.
--- End quote ---
Yeap, we have a (rare) ring in the current version which gives +50 to min joy and -50 to max joy, thus freezing the stat at 50 as long as the ring is equipped. But the thing is, we have more than one ring slot, so it's possible to equip more, breaking stats logic.
In such cases, when min > max, we force the stat to be 0/0 until player resolves the issue. But this special logic did not exist in the alpha.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---Is it still '18.rar'? The 'old' combined pack you linked was '24.rar'
--- End quote ---
Yeap, I replaced 18.rar. Gonna delete 24.rar soon, since it's older.

--- Quote from: Sarabada on October 09, 2017, 03:43:27 PM ---I also kind of standardized the trait descriptions a bit since the last time I posted about them.
--- End quote ---
I made a help window for traits. Would be cool to show info next to description like you do, but in the current version some traits have so many modificators there is not enough space for them all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version