Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619416 times)

Offline Sorren

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1290 on: May 15, 2019, 05:11:24 PM »
Changing item colors in config.xml does nothing, changing other options such as fullscreen works but the item colors don't change. There is only one config.xml in the root folder alongside the exe.

EDIT: Figured it out, it's being overridden by the now default J_ skins, I'd suggest altering something so the config still overrides that.

This still happens. Further the default paths for the master config do not match with those in the release and haven't for a while. The J skins also have a lot of missing attributes, while the game may correct these via internal defaults this should be corrected as it slows game setup. Build used: Latest public link on the patreon.

EDIT: Further with changes like the sanity variable one default slave should be provided so that manual updates can be made until the editor is actually updated.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:18:39 PM by Sorren »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #1291 on: May 16, 2019, 05:21:24 AM »
This is hopefully helpful, but when I did a fresh install of 6.04 then 6.04.01, I still got the crashes (including in the slave auction screen, which I hadn't tried loading prior to the fresh install). When I went back to 6.04.00, I went over  month without a single crash. (the only thing I moved to the new home was the girl files). So I'm going back to 4.00 for now

Offline yay855

« Reply #1292 on: May 20, 2019, 03:53:09 PM »
I recently updated to the latest version, and I've been having a lot of crashes- namely, whenever I try to enter the slave market and there are generic girls there (save for the default), it crashes to desktop. The gamelog doesn't even report an error.

Offline yay855

« Reply #1293 on: June 03, 2019, 03:44:50 PM »
I recently updated to the latest version, and I've been having a lot of crashes- namely, whenever I try to enter the slave market and there are generic girls there (save for the default), it crashes to desktop. The gamelog doesn't even report an error.

Okay, so now it's being even stranger. Sometimes it works, until some random thing crashes it- such as trying to give a Fuck Blossom to a girl. And then that starts a string of crashes that require me to reinstall the game again so that it'll STOP crashing.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #1294 on: June 03, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
I ended up rolling back to the previous version.

Offline use-after-free

[PATCH] .06.04.01 crash with only one girl in dungeon - bugfix
« Reply #1295 on: September 12, 2020, 10:48:55 AM »
(Necroing the Official Bug Report Thread ... because some threads needs to be necroed.)

Hello Crazy, and everybody else,

I ran into this crash (not everytime) when I opened the dungeon screen with a single girl there. I was running a local Debug|win32 build out of git (.06.04.01) compiled with the VS 2013 toolset -- so I had everything I needed to fix it myself; the patch is attached below. (If you prefer git pull requests instead, I'll go that way the next time.)

Feel free to push this fix to the upstream guys if you like.

Offline use-after-free

[PATCH] 'Rebel' sorting bug.
« Reply #1296 on: September 16, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »
Hello again,

This patch fixes a sorting bug in the girl list -- sorting the 'Rebel' column as text would've worked if that pesky minus sign didn't mess things up. So in my patch I convert back to numeric values and sort on those. (I'm sure that that  can be done better somehow.)

Also, by pouring the list into a vector and using the standard sort algorithm, I get rid of a fair bit of complexity from the function, especially when it comes to pointer swizzling.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #1297 on: September 26, 2020, 04:48:13 AM »
there hasn't been any development for the official version in some time. You might be interested to look at https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod . In this fork, I'm trying to modernize and fix up a lot of the code. There are still some things missing, but most of the stuff in the official version works again by now.

Offline use-after-free

« Reply #1298 on: October 01, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
Thanks a lot!

And that sounds like a plan.

[Edit] And it seems you've removed those horrid hand-made C-style linked lists. Well done, sir!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:54:39 PM by use-after-free »

Offline use-after-free

« Reply #1299 on: October 04, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
What would be the best way to submit patches to your fork?
I can clone and build the repository just fine; but I think I need to go through the GitHub web UI to do a pull request, and I can't find it there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:40:54 PM by use-after-free »

Offline h1262216

« Reply #1300 on: October 06, 2020, 08:20:06 AM »
PR should be the way to go. I think in order to be able to submit a PR, you first need to fork the repo in github, then push your new branch there, and then there should be a button for Pull Request.
If you can't get this to work, you can also post the patchfile here, but PRs are much nicer to work with.

Offline FapFap

« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
Hello everybody. When I press the button next week, the game crashes. How do I fix the problem? Thanks.

Offline FapFap

« Reply #1302 on: February 01, 2021, 01:18:56 AM »
And after I pressed the button the next week from the arena - everything worked.

Offline FapFap

« Reply #1303 on: February 01, 2021, 02:14:38 AM »
But the problem now arises again.

Offline Gameboy

« Reply #1304 on: February 01, 2021, 04:51:02 AM »
Hello everybody. When I press the button next week, the game crashes. How do I fix the problem? Thanks.
I cant download your bug report what Ver of the game are you playing maybe try a fresh install with no girl packs to see if its a girl doing this