Author Topic: Crashing Issue  (Read 20286 times)

Offline FurryFanatic

Crashing Issue
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:13:10 AM »
Hey guys, I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying the game.....when it doesn't crash. I haven't added any of the girl packs or edited any of the items and it still crashes around the 3rd to 4th time I press Next Week. Once that happens, when I try to reload my last saved game, it crashes and I have to start all over. Please let me know if you need me to post one of my saved games where this happens. I've tried starting a new game when it starts crashing my saves, but I sometimes don't even get past the first week till the game crashes. Any suggestions?  :'(

Offline letmein

Re: Crashing Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:23 AM »
Post the save.  Also, there should be a text file called "gamelog.txt" - post that too, it might help.

However, there are a couple questions you should answer first:  what version are you using?  (latest is 1.29.6, check for the thread in General Discussion forum)

Do you have the extra files that are required for the game to work properly?  (they're linked from the "Download v1.29" thread)
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:19:14 AM »
The most common problem is that players miss one or more patches or patch in the wrong order.  The easiest thing to do is download the complete, up to date, v 1.29.4.6 that I posted in the General Discussion section.

DocClox: can you sticky that thread and unsticky the old thread?  That should cut down a bit on the problems related to messed up installs.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 02:00:49 AM »
Ok, I downloaded the full updated version, but after checking everything out, I wanted to look at the editor, but it can't find the items or girls lists that are in their corresponding folders. I can see the files girls.girlsx and items.itemsx, but the editor says they aren't whoremaster files and won't read them.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:52:20 AM »
You need the updated editor then.  I thought I had packed it with the game, but I guess not.  You can get the updated editor here.  Just unzip the file into your whore master directory, overwriting the old one.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 03:32:32 AM »
Thanks Zodiac! Everything's working great now. Editor's bringing up the files as readable and I have yet to have the game crash on me. You are a god!  :-\

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »
Yes, I am, but I'm a relatively minor one in the pantheon.  I got stuck with being god of Hypocrisy, Exasperation, and Murphy's Law.  *sigh*  Why couldn't I have been god of "Way too much sex with unbelievably hot girls"? 

Offline Shutup9100

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
Because you submitted your application at the wrong building.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »
Aww crap!

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
First, hi to everyone! :)

Second, my apologizes for posting here, but considering my problem is similar to the original post, I didn't find the need to make a whole new topic...

So, here's the problem, game worked fine for quite a while, till I downloaded all the girl packs found in the "Megapack Release 5.0" topic and also the LS 3.0 item pack... After that, the game is startable and playable, till you get to loading... Which doesn't work (I'm not overly surprised if this might be my laptops fault considering how much of a ... failure it is...) basicly, it starts loading, then the game freezes, then windows pops up the "virtual memory too low" (sometimes with the added "increasing")... That's the main problem...

Other problems... When I start the game (after getting the girl packs and item pack, yes, I dl'd them all at the same time and started using them at the same time, so I'm unsure if it's just one of those packages or what not... If it is, after you check the save files, log, and the pic then I can just reapply them one at a time or something of that sort. :P That is, if you can be botherd to help me out, which I hope you do. )

The other problem is the fact that I get a bunch of ... well, blank girls, example " has been sent to your brothel." where the space presents the "name" of the girl, and she's automatically dead... And it appears quite often, both on the slave market (where, of course, I don't buy those girls) and "Walk around town." options...

And third and the least minor problem, is that some of my girls aren't loading ingame (all downloaded, none self made, so far )

PS. I'm adding 2 save files, just incase...
(If you need additional information or some other files, let me know.)
(I have changed the config file around a bit, that shouldn't change anything though... Hope so atleast. :P)
(Gamelog file is 603kb, that good? Bad? O well, uploaded it to media fire because of attachment size limit... http://www.mediafire.com/?xkewmtlyzzh)
冬陸

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »
well, I think the problem is the laptop it self, how much memory does it have and what os are you using.

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
By memory you mean RAM? If so, 384mb.
冬陸

exodia91

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
... when you installed my packs, did you install them in order and overwrite the old .girls file every time?

Also, its not the laptop, they said the game worked fine till they installed mods.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:22:07 PM by exodia91 »

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »
... when you installed my packs, did you install them in order and overwrite the old .girls file every time?
Yep, as much as I figured out, I started with the 2.5 and continued till 5.0 in the correct order...
冬陸

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
One make sure that you only have one girl file for the megapack and two what else do you have running in the background, such as your antivirus and what not.