Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3817165 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1410 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:49 AM »
not every explanation needs to be visible to the player but HAVING an explanation, even a vague one, in mind from the beginning makes it easier to craft coherent events relating to the anomaly.

Maybe you dont actually need an explanation but a good idea of the capabilities of the anomaly might work just as well. a comprehensive list of what can and cant happen would obviate the need for an explanation of why or how it happens if you wanted to leave that as a mystery.

(see i can be flexible)

Like I've said, you can write a world concept as you see fit. My personal experience from Alkion development showed that it doesn't pay off in the end for small indie projects. The only such project where it works is Mystic Mirrow where one developer is completely focused on concept designs/graphics and coder is focused on code.

PS: I've added you to Skype as you've asked.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1411 on: January 09, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »
Oki, just pushed a decent update to SF. If somebody wants to replace/improve my texts (that shouldn't be to hard) or add more options or even addons (like moods or locations based on stats and locations), be my guest, I'll prolly leave acts like this for the Alpha.

- Changed the logic on sex acts (random choice instead of dice)
- Added a lot of new texts on act events
- Started adapting rest of the jobs to new tagging system
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1412 on: January 10, 2014, 04:31:45 AM »
Finished with attack on titan, making tekken pack now.

I think you forgot to code a couple of effects for traits. I reminded you about it at some point, and you forgot again. Now even I don't remember which effects weren't coded :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1413 on: January 10, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »
Finished with attack on titan, making tekken pack now.

I think you forgot to code a couple of effects for traits. I reminded you about it at some point, and you forgot again. Now even I don't remember which effects weren't coded :)

"Poison"
"Unstable"
"Optimist"
"Pessimist"
"Composure"
"Down with Cold"
"Nymphomaniac"
"Frigid"
"Kleptomaniac"
"Slow Learner"
"Fast Learner"
"Introvert"
"Extrovert"
"Food Poisoning"

This is what we have at the moment. I think you've tested them...

==============================
Edit:
SF updated. (Rest and Strip Jobs are better tagged now.) I am gonna be busy until tonight :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:00:29 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1414 on: January 10, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
I have. But it was like half a year ago.

Guess we need depression for joy<10 and on a roll or something for joy>90. We already have discussed that, but I don't remember if there was any conclusion.

Sensitive ("This girl's body is very delicate and responsive to stimulation") should be more sensitive to any items and events that change libido (both increase and decrease).

Impersonal should be less dependent on emotions. Emotions are both joy and disposition in our case. Not sure how to handle this one, perhaps items and events that change these stats should be twice less effective, or maybe there will be lesser bonuses and penalties for both low and high values of these stats, unlike girls without this trait.

Food and drinks (maybe drugs in the future) should have half of effect on artificial body girls. Since there are cyborgs and stuff, we cannot disable it completely, but 100% effect is weird too.
Also, in WM AB-girls are difficult to damage, they recovered longer than usual ones, iirc healing items are less effective too.

I guess that's all. Other effects will require a new BE or autoequpment system.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1415 on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »
Oki, just pushed a decent update to SF. If somebody wants to replace/improve my texts (that shouldn't be to hard) or add more options or even addons (like moods or locations based on stats and locations), be my guest, I'll prolly leave acts like this for the Alpha.
Looks good so far.
But I have some group and rapeish pics appearing when using my girls. Would it be possible remove pics tagged "group" and "bdsm" from showing in whore job?   

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1416 on: January 10, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
Looks good so far.
But I have some group and rapeish pics appearing when using my girls. Would it be possible remove pics tagged "group" and "bdsm" from showing in whore job?

I'll don't have access to code right now, but it should be possible. Even if it isn't, I'll code an option to exclude tags. There are bound to be issues with tags system, it's a new design that I've never worked with but group and bdsm pics should never appear in normal sex category unless those were misstagged (bdsm/group/sex are all main tags from the same category). If you or Dark tagged bdsm or group tag with sex even if characters in the pic are having sex, it was an error.

We'll get it right after a couple of versions... Dark was right for example, one girl/one guy (of whatever) tags should have been used for any extra guy/girl except the MC. His approach would have been easier to work with, but I'll try to correct all of that stuff with code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Dekhyper

« Reply #1417 on: January 10, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »
man, signing up for classes is proving harder than expected. this bodes ill for the future

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1418 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
man, signing up for classes is proving harder than expected. this bodes ill for the future

:) Good luck both with signups and the future!

==================
There is no option to exclude tags on show but there seem to be one in tag database. I'll see if I can add it to show.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1419 on: January 10, 2014, 05:33:54 PM »
Oki, tonights SF update:

- Added (but not tested) exclude argument to girls show method
- Excluded group and bdsm tags from acts during the whore job
- Commented out old quest tags codebit on girls select image method
- Added combat pics to guard job and rest pic to it's resting event (there were no pics at all, causing chaos on next day)

==================================
I am not happy with the how tags are being excluded right now (to many database accesses), but if it actually IS working (confirmation needed), I am going to leave it at that until postalpha or until we agree on how tagging should work if that happens before the Alpha.

Gnight...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1420 on: January 11, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Yup, it's working, I don't have group and bdsm pictures in whore job anymore.

But now there are pictures from different girls appearing a lot in next day report :(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:27:07 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1421 on: January 11, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »
But now there are pictures from different girls appearing a lot in next day report :(

When and where?

Edit: Ah, ok. I may know what's happening...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:34:38 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1422 on: January 11, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
When and where?

From starting girls, it's happening a lot for Alice Margatroid, on her report (she has been working for you for 1 day...). Then it's happening for girls that switch to auto rest (and those manually set to rest). For example, instead of Kurenai resting, I get a text "She spend the day relaxing" with picture of Chie, who is not even recruited.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:19:56 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1423 on: January 11, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
From starting girls, it's happening a lot for Alice Margatroid, on her report (she has been working for you for 1 day...). Then it's happening for girls that switch to auto rest (and those manually set to rest). For example, instead of Kurenai resting, I get a text "She spend the day relaxing" with picture of Chie, who is not even recruited.

I just updated SF. This "might!" be fixed now. I somehow didn't get the issues you but I can see how and why they could occur.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1424 on: January 11, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »
Tonights SF update:

- Added type to girls show method
- Finished first attempt of adapting jobs to new tags system

================
Wrong girls pics showing on next day should be a thing of the past now but this obviously needs a lot of testing...
Like what we're doing?