devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173383 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »
I probably will have more propositions after actual tagging, but I have one now: what about flying characters? Do we need a tag for a flight?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »

- lolita (I am not sure what lolita fashion is so tell me if one tag is not enough)
- goth ??? (I've seen a couple but not many, anyone thinks we need it???)
just type "lolita fashion" in google images and you'll understand in a second  :)   I just wanted to make its name longer so noone confuse it with lolis (it's true that small girls tend wear that more often, but there is for example lili from tekken and others)
Actually, most common type of Goth costume I have seen on anime pics is a Goth Lolita...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:44:55 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
I probably will have more propositions after actual tagging, but I have one now: what about flying characters? Do we need a tag for a flight?

WTF are "flying" characters? I don't recall any... is flight relevant to a pic?

Right at this moment I am not sure how we'll use it even if we tag it that way.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok guys, this is a serious question... do we keep WMlike structure for convenience and good memories. Basically, whenever we tag a picture with "sex", "blowjob", "les" (more often than not) or "anal" category, we always assume there are two participants. It's just how it's always been with the old system. However now there is "one guy" and "one girl" tags... We need to decide how to handle this. I personally vote for old main tags with preserving their original meanings...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2013, 01:41:19 PM »
just type "lolita fashion" in google images and you'll understand in a second  :)   I just wanted to make its name longer so noone confuse it with lolis (it's true that small girls tend wear that more often, but there is for example lili from tekken and others)
Actually, most common type of Goth costume I have seen on anime pics is a Goth Lolita...

Ok... so

- lolita
- gothlolita
- goth

???
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
WTF are "flying" characters? I don't recall any... is flight relevant to a pic?
Are you joking? Angels, winged demons, fairies, etc.
There are pics where they fly among the clouds or something.

Basically, whenever we tag a picture with "sex", "blowjob", "les" (more often than not) or "anal" category, we always assume there are two participants. It's just how it's always been with the old system. However now there is "one guy" and "one girl" tags
Aren't pics with more than two participants are group ones? We might need more tags for group, but why do we need to mix it with other categories?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »
Are you joking? Angels, winged demons, fairies, etc.
There are pics where they fly among the clouds or something.

Unless it's a transformation, I have no idea on what to do with those...

Aren't pics with more than two participants are group ones? We might need more tags for group, but why do we need to mix it with other categories?

True... But "group" in our meaning is gangbang...

Also:
WM "sex": "one guy" + "missionary" etc.
WM "les": "one girl" + "eat pussy" etc.
WM "blowjob": "one guy" + "blowjob" OR "one guy" + "titsjob" etc.
WM "anal": "one guy" + "anal"

The trouble here is while it's very convenient for me to keep the old thinking pattern and use those as kind of "two in one" tags, some non WM noob might not read the manual and tag "one girl" + "finger anus" as anal... similar example would be someone tagging every sexual image with "sex", something that someone coming from WM background would never do... that in turn would cause his pack to display absolutely chaotic images all over the place.

So... We need to decide how to handle this.

PS: We could use "hurt" for battles. Like Death in WM, people have found a lot of pics for that category if I recall.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:15:24 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
Ok... so

- lolita
- gothlolita
- goth

???
that's just too many tags for something this rare...
I think that just "lolita" outfit tag could suffice, because the difference between normal lolita and goth version for common viewer is only that the dress is not pink but black... But if you can think about something that could be made for the Goth outfit specifically... (other Goth outfits and makeup are too uncomon to consider I believe, and they often fit into formal dress anyway)
-----------------
We dismissed the dead category idea earlier in fear of gore pics I believe.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:21:19 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
We dismissed the dead category idea earlier in fear of gore pics I believe.

Hurt will not likely result in the same issue. I recall using pics where Youruichi was being torn apart for death, but for hurt that would never apply.

- lolita ((it is than.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
Unless it's a transformation, I have no idea on what to do with those...
Ok, I think they should be considered as sport ones then.

We could use "hurt" for battles. Like Death in WM, people have found a lot of pics for that category if I recall.
Such pics are very rare. Not every character has any decent death pics (why do you think wm had so much gore?), not to mention "light" gore that you want, apart from bdsm at least.

True... But "group" in our meaning is gangbang...
And how many pepple exactly you need in order to make group a gangbang?

I personally put sex pics with multiple people in group. Except for those with girls only, they go to les (I guess we need to do something about them too).

some non WM noob might not read the manual and tag "one girl" + "finger anus" as anal... similar example would be someone tagging every sexual image with "sex", something that someone coming from WM background would never do...
True. On the other hand, those tags are useful as base categories if nothing better is available.
Should we arrange a vote or something?  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:45:38 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
Such pics are very rare. Not every character has any decent death pics (why do you think wm had so much gore?), not to mention "light" gore that you want, apart from bdsm at least.

Not death, just hurt (like they've just been to battle + some wounds). I could use those for Arena.

I personally put sex pics with multiple people in group. Except for those with girls only, they go to les (I guess we need to do something about them too).
True. On the other hand, those tags are useful as base categories if nothing better is available.

I know what we do... We don't need another les category, "les" + "more than 2 girls" + etc.

Should we arrange a vote or something?  :)

Yeap, we'll try to write it in red and large font in the tagging manual. If we stick with WM structure, we should still tag "one guy" and "one girl" just in case...

I vote yes. And we are not going to poll "Should we keep nostalgic WM image categories on PinkPetals forum" :)

-------------------------------------
Another question: While Styles seem really useful, are we actually gonna tag per piece clothing? I have no idea how to make use of that information...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
Hurt will not likely result in the same issue. I recall using pics where Youruichi was being torn apart for death, but for hurt that would never apply.
Do ripped clothes count for this?
Ok, I think they should be considered as sport ones then.
If a flying is a common movement for that character (fairy...) I would consider it as a normal profile pic, unless she is flying really fast.
I'm doing that too, even if there is just a person standing by. He is just waiting for his turn, doesn't he? Only other people I ignore are obvious stalkers in bushes nearby  :)
Another question: While Styles seem really useful, are we actually gonna tag per piece clothing? I have no idea how to make use of that information...
I also think that pieces of clothes are too much.
But those pieces in software contains some outfits that would be missing from styles if we don't use them. Like:
swimsuit, bikini, bloomers, plugsuit, long dress, panties(topless)...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »
Do ripped clothes count for this?

Maybe, depends on the picture.

If a flying is a common movement for that character (fairy...) I would consider it as a normal profile pic, unless she is flying really fast.

Yeap, me too.

I also think that pieces of clothes are too much.

Prolly to much as well and I have no idea how to use such an exact information about the girl in the game. Only when trying to convert items that are equipped to outfits in the profile picture type but that's to much work for everybody at very little benefit for the player...

swimsuit, bikini, bloomers, plugsuit, long dress, panties(topless)...

I'll add those to styles.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »
Yeap, but I am also not entirely sure how to program fallbacks without those categories, whole brothel part of the game seems to revolve around them...
I might be able to help with that. Pytherworld has multiple fallback strategies if no suitable image is found right away. How do you do it now? Or how did you plan to do it using those categories?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
I might be able to help with that. Pytherworld has multiple fallback strategies if no suitable image is found right away. How do you do it now? Or how did you plan to do it using those categories?

Plan was to use the categories, yes. Like I've said, our whole tagging strategy will revolve around those... I'd love to hear the sorting strategies but I am not sure how much I trust Pytherworld's fallbacks at it's stage of development and testing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I am done with the PyTFall adaptation:

- All out main tags fit on single window
- All OW tags are preserved and if not used directly by our setup, can be found outside the window (or well inside it if you have a large monitor)
- I think setup is acceptable but it's more than open for discussion.

PS: Does any of you has a screen with res lower than 1280x800 by the way???
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
Oki, almost a days work  ::)

New Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43556362/IT-PyTFall%20edition.rar

Tell me what you think, layout should be as in picture in the post above.

Edit: I've tried tagging some images, we're clearly missing "scared" and "deepthroat". I'll add those and upload the new version. Those two are in!

-----------------------------------------------
Ideas:

"spanked" + "do spanking" are prolly an overkill, since we decided to use active and passive to indicate who's doing what in bdsm? Should we kill those in favor of just spanking?

We could add "kisses" or "do kiss" for dates, I've seen a couple of pics like that?

Why exactly do we care what kind of weapon girl has? Why not just use "weapon" or "armed", from games perspective, it would make MUCH more sense, same thing counts for Armor.

We should remove "bathing attendant" to OW categories during the next review, as CW said: it doesn't have enough pics to be useful.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:58:48 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?