devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173382 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »
Do we need both strip general tag and stripping subtag? What's the difference?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:14:10 PM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
Gym uniform added.
Thanks!

Do we want active/passive on every sex picture, or I can leave it empty for pics that could be both?
Also, must every pics have a main category?

And I think "Ripped clothes" could be a good s2 tag.

I should also have one character tagged later today.
*EDIT* I fell exhausted after 300 images, so it will be at tomorrow evening.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:18:12 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
Anyway, here 500+ tagged character with a separate xml. Without that additional  stripping subtag.

I can safely say that with the current amount of tags and interface my productivity is about 200 pics per day (and I mean tagging only). Not too many.
We defenitely could remove a lot tags, primarily because we are tagging not to tag, but to use tags in code, and some of them are hard to use there.
Also some tags, like passive/active, are very vague, and some tags are useless, like "no bg". All my pics have background, ecxept for quest, battle sprite and portrait. Because I convert them to jpg to save some space.

I think we don't need beast after all. Since we decided to not use such pics, let's stick to this decision unless people will ask about it.

I still think we can live without "rare" positions, like spoon or on side. Maybe also standing.
They all could be described by missionary and doggy.

Talking and walking are pretty rare and seem useless to me.
Talking usualy means a lot of different characters, I don't use such pics. And walking is a vague thing, since we can't use animated pics anyway.

I guess we could use as many dress styles as we want, but do we really need such a high accuracy like gym uniform (+summer dress and/or sport tags) or yukata (=formal tag)? I mean, how are you gonna use such rare things in the code?
Same for secretary and long dress, an overkill to me. We already have more general formal and fashionable tags.

I think we don't need empty room (=generic indoor) and basement (=dungeon or generic), office (=pretty much living room), shack (rare), stable(even more rare), stairs(=generic), studio (=stage) and maybe workshop (quite rare, often the same as generic or living).

Harbor and hills are ovekill too.

Running, exercise and sport are too much for one type of pics.

I guess it's all the complaints that I have for now  ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:02:50 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »
@Dark

Amount of tags we have now seems like an overkill. I agree with everything except removing "rare" sexual positions because I already had plans on what to do for those tags... but many locations can be removed or moved elsewhere as well as some clothing styles.

Otherwise, I'll try to load your tags into the game and see what's what.

@CW

Not every tag must have a main category, pure date pics for example are assumed to have no bg and profile + date with bg (but I can straighten that out with code later).

Add:

- ripped clothes

Active/Passive might not be clear for every picture BUT I think we'll have good use for pics where player can definitely tell.

==================================================
@Dark (again)

I would have used different tags for quite a few images but that's unavoidable with pack making. One important thing, is that "one girl" should prolly ALWAYS mean extra girl, not the mc of the pic.

In any case, lets see if I can load this prototype, I need to refresh my memory on how the whole loading thing works as I haven't touched it in a while.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:12:49 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »
I agree with everything except removing "rare" sexual positions because I already had plans on what to do for those tags... but many locations can be removed or moved elsewhere as well as some clothing styles.
Maybe you could provide a couple of hentai examples for spoon and onside then? Wiki has too schematic images, so I'm not sure I understand their meaning  :)

Active/Passive might not be clear for every picture BUT I think we'll have good use for pics where player can definitely tell.
Maybe we сould use active only then? Usually you can tell if a girl is active or not, while passive is more vague concept.

Not every tag must have a main category, pure date pics for example are assumed to have no bg and profile + date with bg
Too late, I considered date pics as profile ones  :)
Although some of them do have simple background (I don't have no bg at all, as I mentioned).

I would have used different tags for quite a few images but that's unavoidable with pack making
Be my guest and verify all our packs if you have spare time  ;)

One important thing, is that "one girl" should prolly ALWAYS mean extra girl, not the mc of the pic.
Lol. I asked you if I should put one girl and one guy tags on "usual" sex/anal/bj pics. You said that I should.
Btw, if there just was sex on a pic, but you don't see a guy anymore, it means sex+one girl tag to me.

I do not mind though. This way such tags will be used in group only = faster tagging. As for "invisible" guy, I'll just use hidden partner tag.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:47:13 PM by DarkTl »

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
I think we don't need empty room (=generic indoor) and basement (=dungeon or generic), office (=pretty much living room), shack (rare), stable(even more rare), stairs(=generic), studio (=stage) and maybe workshop (quite rare, often the same as generic or living).
"generic indoor" means a simple wall or window or corner as background, something that is so generic that it could be found in most buildings. An empty room, however, is just that and therefore more specific. A "generic indoor" pic could show part of a bedroom, an "empty room" pic could not.

A "studio" is a special purpose room such as a dancing studio or fitness studio. IMHO it does not look like a stage.

A "workshop" pic should show work benches or tools, both of which should not be on "generic indoor" or "living room" pics.

Harbor and hills are ovekill too.
"harbor" seems too specific, I agree. "hills" is the only location tag for non-flat terrain.

UPDATE:
One important thing, is that "one girl" should prolly ALWAYS mean extra girl, not the mc of the pic.
That is exactly how it's meant to work. After all, "one girl" is a tag from the "partners" category ;)
In addition, it makes no sense to have a tag that will be on every image in the database. It may make sense if male slaves are implemented at some point, but I'd suggest to worry about that when (if) it happens.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:23:30 PM by rudistoned »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
"generic indoor" means a simple wall or window or corner as background, something that is so generic that it could be found in most buildings. An empty room, however, is just that and therefore more specific. A "generic indoor" pic could show part of a bedroom, an "empty room" pic could not.
If I see a part of bedroom, I will use bedroom tag.
What I don't understand is the difference between generic and empty in terms of coding. Why we need a separate tag, what events could be implemented in an empty room only, but not in generic?

A "studio" is a special purpose room such as a dancing studio or fitness studio. IMHO it does not look like a stage.
Yeah, that could be useful in theory. But none of my packs, and I mean all my packs, have pics with studio background. So I think it's just too rare. At least stage is much more common.

A "workshop" pic should show work benches or tools, both of which should not be on "generic indoor" or "living room" pics.
Not as rare, but still rare. It was hard to find a simple workshop background for a weapon shop, workshop backgrounds with specific characters even more rare. Unless we talking about inventor/smith/whatever. Since only several characters will use this tag, we might as well use backgroundless pics on empty workshop background if we'll need it.

"harbor" seems too specific, I agree. "hills" is the only location tag for non-flat terrain.
Hills are usualy covered with grass = meadow. I think hills without grass look like rocks or something. And we don't have rocks tag, btw.
Maybe we could use one tag like wasteland for such places, however I don't remember many such pics.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »
Ok, so with some tinkering, I finally managed to load new girl with all of her tags into PyTFall:

INFO     PytFall 0.32    Loading: Tag Database
INFO     PytFall 0.32.tags loaded 6378 images from tags.json files
INFO     PytFall 0.32    It took 0.384000062943 secs to execute!

INFO     PytFall 0.32    Loading: Tag Database
INFO     PytFall 0.32.tags loaded 6880 images from tags.json files
INFO     PytFall 0.32    It took 0.625 secs to execute!

Extra time prolly comes from string manipulations I had to do to each image in order to make tagger's JSONs work with PyTFall, I'll find better/faster way in the future or maybe we can get tagger to do most of the work on JSON creation. Otherwise everything seems to be going rather well, I'll play with it some more tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
Oki, finally got a report out:

Code: [Select]
u'+undressing': 5,
 u'active': 22,
 u'anal': 5,
 u'angry': 23,
 u'armor': 1,
 u'autumn': 2,
 u'bar': 1,
 u'bathing attendent': 3,
 u'bathroom': 5,
 u'battle': 14,
 u'battle_sprite': 1,
 u'bdsm': 27,
 u'beach': 8,
 u'beauty': 3,
 u'bedroom': 91,
 u'bikini': 14,
 u'blowjob': 10,
 u'bukkake': 2,
 u'bunny': 3,
 u'caress tits': 1,
 u'caressed': 4,
 u'casual': 330,
 u'cat': 1,
 u'classroom': 2,
 u'cleaning': 3,
 u'confident': 78,
 u'cooking': 1,
 u'couple group sex': 1,
 u'cumcovered': 2,
 u'dancer': 2,
 u'date': 8,
 u'defiant': 16,
 u'deflowered': 3,
 u'device': 7,
 u'dildo joined': 1,
 u'do caress': 5,
 u'do finger pussy': 2,
 u'do squeezes tits': 4,
 u'doggy': 3,
 u'dominatrix': 1,
 u'drunk': 2,
 u'dungeon': 3,
 u'eating': 10,
 u'ecstatic': 69,
 u'ent': 19,
 u'etiquette': 3,
 u'exposed': 95,
 u'fashionable': 8,
 u'fighting': 9,
 u'finger pussy': 3,
 u'footjob': 4,
 u'forced': 3,
 u'forest': 9,
 u'formal': 7,
 u'gambling': 2,
 u'gangbang': 1,
 u'generic indoor': 80,
 u'generic outdoor': 26,
 u'group': 9,
 u'handjob': 3,
 u'happy': 71,
 u'harbor': 1,
 u'healing': 1,
 u'hug': 1,
 u'indifferent': 113,
 u'kissed': 1,
 u'kissing': 2,
 u'kitchen': 1,
 u'lashed': 9,
 u'les': 21,
 u'library': 4,
 u'lingerie': 18,
 u'living room': 18,
 u'lolita': 11,
 u'long dress': 4,
 u'magic': 10,
 u'magician': 3,
 u'maid': 8,
 u'masturbation': 14,
 u'meadow': 3,
 u'missionary': 15,
 u'more girls': 1,
 u'more guys': 2,
 u'musician': 3,
 u'night': 23,
 u'no bg': 6,
 u'nude': 60,
 u'one girl': 100,
 u'one guy': 43,
 u'onsen': 2,
 u'onside': 1,
 u'ontop': 12,
 u'pajamas': 13,
 u'park': 7,
 u'partner hidden': 43,
 u'passive': 64,
 u'pool': 1,
 u'portrait': 1,
 u'profile': 321,
 u'provocative': 37,
 u'quest': 3,
 u'reading': 15,
 u'rest': 73,
 u'restrained': 24,
 u'road': 2,
 u'sad': 51,
 u'santa': 1,
 u'scared': 13,
 u'schoolgirl': 5,
 u'selfpleasure': 1,
 u'sex': 42,
 u'shopping': 1,
 u'shy': 113,
 u'simple bg': 129,
 u'solo': 18,
 u'stage': 4,
 u'standing': 3,
 u'strip': 36,
 u'studying': 2,
 u'summer': 2,
 u'swimsuit': 5,
 u'tired': 28,
 u'titsjob': 7,
 u'topless': 15,
 u'torture': 2,
 u'two girls': 22,
 u'two guys': 6,
 u'uncertain': 82,
 u'uniform': 4,
 u'urban': 1,
 u'waitress': 5,
 u'weapon': 24,
 u'winter': 1,
 u'yard': 1,
 u'yukata': 3
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
Ok... took a while, but I think that I've finally got it working.

A gallery to inspect the tags:

In the viewport to the right: Tag sorting button vs amount of images tagged with that tag for the character.
Above the picture: All tags of the image displayed.
Left/Right buttons do the obvious thing.

DB version has been updated to 0.32!

Important:

1) Do not mix the old and new tagging methods for the same girl! (if you tag the girl with software and have her in old style "folder-wide" tags.json file, delete her from the old file). Actually, nothing bad will happen even if you have her twice but you might get bad "imagename" tags, especially if those were not renamed as in the old system.

2) When you create JSON files with tagging software (file name must be tags.json), make sure that all pics are in their respective place in pytfall folder (like "\game\content\chars\naruto\Hinata" (the usual)). Save the file into that very same GIRL folder, not the show folder where the old system puts them. (it doesn't really matter where you put the files as long as it in char or rchar folders, problem is that you might overwrite the oldstyle filename based JSON).

3) You do not have to press the rebuild buttons to get new tags, they will just be loaded into the game (if you press build button, like I've said, nothing bad or game breaking will happen but tags will be loaded from both files and you could get some weird tags in the gallery (will not effect gameplay otherwise)).

@3 Couldn't sleep so I've killed populating "old system" tags to json if there is a tags.json file in girl's folder. Now Build buttons can be freely used again.

4) Arena is sorting teams and warriors but it is only possible to fight dogfights and currently noone will dare to accept challenge from the hero there cause his stats are through the roof. Also, only part of stats are being upgraded even if hero wins. I am planning to do the "winning" screen next.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:27:09 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2013, 06:27:17 AM »
You can create a json with tagger? I don't see such an option in the interface.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2013, 06:42:43 AM »
You can create a json with tagger? I don't see such an option in the interface.

I think it's called "export" or something similar. Remember that the images must be in the correct folder in the game or path will be screwed up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
You mean if I, for example, store a girl in D:\PytFall\Girls\Ar_tonelico\Jacqli, then I can't just save tags inside Jacqli folder and upload it? And at first I have to put the girl in Pytfall content\chars\Ar_tonelico\Jacqli folder, and only then I can safely export tags?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:16:39 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »
You mean if I, for example, store a girl in D:\PytFall\Girls\Ar_tonelico\Jacqli, then I can't just save tags inside Jacqli folder and upload it? And at first I have to put the girl in Pytfall content\chars\Ar_tonelico\Jacqli folder, and only then I can safely export tags?

That's what I mean, girls enter the game without id tags so game has to get them from somewhere.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
I don't understand why I cannot just save tags json inside Jacqli folder, wherever it was, and upload Ar_tonelico folder?
Then someone will download it to play with and copy it to content\chars folder.