devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173374 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2013, 08:13:27 AM »
I don't understand why I cannot just save tags json inside Jacqli folder, wherever it was, and upload Ar_tonelico folder?
Then someone will download it to play with and copy it to content\chars folder.

How detailed would you like explanation to be?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »
We don't need girls to be in game folder when we create data xmls/jsons. Tags jsons are the same, except you need one for every girl instead of one per pack.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »
We don't need girls to be in game folder when we create data xmls/jsons. Tags jsons are the same, except you need one for every girl instead of one per pack.

They are actually somewhat different... but that's not the point. Right now code will misread the path on the load unless girl was in the correct folder during export. I'll improve it soon, but right now, it will not work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »
Hm, ok. I hope you don't use absolute paths there, otherwise even a different name of the logical drive will screw up everything.

One more thing, from this point (starting from sage random pack) my packs will have simplified pics names, since we won't need special names with the tags system in the future.
I suppose already existing "correctly" named characters should be enough for testing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
Hm, ok. I hope you don't use absolute paths there, otherwise even a different name of the logical drive will screw up everything.

One more thing, from this point (starting from sage random pack) my packs will have simplified pics names, since we won't need special names with the tags system in the future.
I suppose already existing "correctly" named characters should be enough for testing.

I've just updated tags classes file in DB. Now it'll work like you want but at a cost that new-style tags.json file MUST be in the girl's folder when the game is launched. Previously, you could have put it anywhere in char/rchar respective folders and it would have worked.

We don't really need any old-style packs... I was 30% done with the arena after battle pop up screen before going back to tags code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
Thanks, that's much more convenient for me.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2013, 08:21:19 PM »
Ok, I've made my first attempt to tag something (here) and I agree that we could remove some tags, those are my candidates:

in "do -" category there are 3 dildo and strapon tags (should have reversed tags, not it's own extra ones)
"eat pussy", "do eat pussy" (=lick)
"kissed" (=caressed)
"masturbation", "selfpleasure" (=solo+finger pussy or other action)
"bukkake" (=group+cumcovered)
"no bg" (I don't have it anywhere outside battle_sprite/quest where it's obvious and portrait where we don't care)
"running" (=exercise)
"studying" (=reading)
 "talking", "walking" (too vague)

and some actions looks too rare to be useful: gardening, gambling, meditating, healing
and locations too: studio, stairs, stable, shack, basement, workshop, harbor, road

also, "cosplay" would make sense as a style1 tag, because cosplaying girl can't wear anything else at the same time anyway
-------
I didn't miss anything serious in tags, interface of the program is also ok. What gives me the most trouble is describing emotions. I'll ask about a few of those later.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:20:52 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2013, 04:41:43 AM »
Ok, I've made my first attempt to tag something (here) and I agree that we could remove some tags, those are my candidates:

in "do -" category there are 3 dildo and strapon tags (should have reversed tags, not it's own extra ones)
"eat pussy", "do eat pussy" (=lick)
"kissed" (=caressed)
"masturbation", "selfpleasure" (=solo+finger pussy or other action)
"bukkake" (=group+cumcovered)
"no bg" (I don't have it anywhere outside battle_sprite/quest where it's obvious and portrait where we don't care)
"running" (=exercise)
"studying" (=reading)
 "talking", "walking" (too vague)

and some actions looks too rare to be useful: gardening, gambling, meditating, healing
and locations too: studio, stairs, stable, shack, basement, workshop, harbor, road

also, "cosplay" would make sense as a style1 tag, because cosplaying girl can't wear anything else at the same time anyway
-------
I didn't miss anything serious in tags, interface of the program is also ok. What gives me the most trouble is describing emotions. I'll ask about a few of those later.

Very similar to what Dark said...

- lick is not specific enough to replace eat pussy.
- kissed = forcefully kissed and should be removed only if there are not enough pics.
- no bg might become useful if we start clearing more pics. Also if we just borrow cleaned up pics from OW/SM/SimBro.
- running can be useful if it's not to rare.
- studying, you are prolly right but it can include tags like writing, chemistry and god knows what else...

I think both of you need to come up with a clear list of tags to be added and removed in the following format:

Add:
- bazooka

Remove:
- masturbation

and post them so we could discuss and adjust the tags.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2013, 05:51:32 AM »
- no bg might become useful if we start clearing more pics. Also if we just borrow cleaned up pics from OW/SM/SimBro.
- running can be useful if it's not to rare.
- studying, you are prolly right but it can include tags like writing, chemistry and god knows what else...
1) I'm not going to start anything like that. I guess we could keep that tag only in case if we'll have someone else who want to do it.
2) It is rare, just like walking. I personally think we should use exercising or sport only.
3) I guess you right. Reading is just read a book, studying is actually study something in a lab, or even make your homework.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if we need caressed. Mostly they either caress boobs or crotch, or kissing, and we have other tags for this all.

I believe we don't need passive. Active is enough, all that's not active is pretty much passive.

Not sure if we need deepthroat. Such pics are not too common, and I do not quite imagine how this tag can be used in the code. Bj is bj.
Same for selfpleasure, it's almost = mast.

Do we really need forced? If it's a rape or something, then we should just use bdsm main tag in addition to sex tags.

Do we need stripper if we already have strip main tag? I don't think so.

Meditating is probaly good for events, but I think it's quite rare. Don't recall anything like that in my packs.

About dress, long dress=formal or casual, secretary is pretty rare; yukata we could keep, but it's almost formal to me; whore = lingerie.
Instead of gym we could use summer (you won't wear something like that during winter), and I'm not sure if we need uniform, it's quite vague concept.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:53:06 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
Seriously, keep to the format, it's not that difficult:

Add:
- bazooka (comment)

Remove:
- masturbation (comment)

======================================
On "rare" tags: when we'll have slavetraining, it's bound to have much more categories than we presently use. That means that we'll have to use "generic" faceless pics (or profile pics, depending on what we'll go with) in a bunch of places, one of the points of tagging software is to allow using as many girl pics instead of generic/profile as possible. It's not really that bad if a tag is uncommon, it still can be very useful to the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
Lol, ok.

Add:
- sportswear (instead of gym, for anything having to do with sports)
- wilderness (like rocks, hills, etc outside of the city, but still not forest or meadow)
- random item tag for mast. device is a device for mast (like vibrator), random item is a book, weapon, furniture, etc.

Remove:
- bazooka (if you really added that  :) )
- passive (all that not active is passive)
- deepthroat (too detailed to me, there are other types of bj, but we don't use them, right?)
- selfpleasure (pretty much synonym to mast, why bother?)
- deflowered (I usually avoid such pics, since they could be used only once at best, and not all characters are virgins anyway)
- caressed (we have hug, kiss, finger/lick, squeezes tits, what else can you caress that much?)
- forced (=bdsm main tag, or scared/etc tags)
- beast/tentacles
- meditating (way too rare, i think, even though I like this tag)
- gardening (same)
- walking/talking (we don't have animated pics anyway, so it's vague thing)
- running/sport (and use exercising only)
- no bg (=quest, even if we'll have a lot of such pics)
- long dress (=formal or fashionable)
- santa (we don't have new Year)
- secretary (=formal)
- whore (kinda vague)
- maybe yukata (quite common, but = formal dress to me)
- maybe schoolgirl too (there are a lot of school pics, but how is this tag useful for the code?)
- maybe uniform (what is uniform in the given context anyway? not sure I understand)
- basement (=dungeon)
- empty room (usually you can't tell if the room is completely empty, so = generic indoor)
- office (too specific)
- shack (same)
- stable (same)
- stairs (=generic)
- maybe studio (I know rudi wants to keep it, but it still seems way too rare to me)
- workshop (same, don't recall any workshop pics)
- harbor (rare, often=beach)
- hills (don't recall any hills in all my packs)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You could keep some not too rare tags if you want, but I wonder if they will be useful for the code, considering their rarity.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:26:25 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »
Lol, ok.

Add:
- sportswear (instead of gym, for anything having to do with sports)
- wilderness (like rocks, hills, etc outside of the city, but still not forest or meadow)
- random item tag for mast. device is a device for mast (like vibrator), random item is a book, weapon, furniture, etc.

Remove:
- bazooka (if you really added that  :) )
- passive (all that not active is passive)
- deepthroat (too detailed to me, there are other types of bj, but we don't use them, right?)
- selfpleasure (pretty much synonym to mast, why bother?)
- deflowered (I usually avoid such pics, since they could be used only once at best, and not all characters are virgins anyway)
- caressed (we have hug, kiss, finger/lick, squeezes tits, what else can you caress that much?)
- forced (=bdsm main tag, or scared/etc tags)
- beast/tentacles
- meditating (way too rare, i think, even though I like this tag)
- gardening (same)
- walking/talking (we don't have animated pics anyway, so it's vague thing)
- running/sport (and use exercising only)
- no bg (=quest, even if we'll have a lot of such pics)
- long dress (=formal or fashionable)
- santa (we don't have new Year)
- secretary (=formal)
- whore (kinda vague)
- maybe yukata (quite common, but = formal dress to me)
- maybe schoolgirl too (there are a lot of school pics, but how is this tag useful for the code?)
- maybe uniform (what is uniform in the given context anyway? not sure I understand)
- basement (=dungeon)
- empty room (usually you can't tell if the room is completely empty, so = generic indoor)
- office (too specific)
- shack (same)
- stable (same)
- stairs (=generic)
- maybe studio (I know rudi wants to keep it, but it still seems way too rare to me)
- workshop (same, don't recall any workshop pics)
- harbor (rare, often=beach)
- hills (don't recall any hills in all my packs)

+ agree/ - disagree

Add:
- sportswear (+)
- wilderness (+ (maybe nature?))
- random item tag for mast. device is a device for mast (like vibrator), random item is a book, weapon, furniture, etc. (+ vague...)

Remove:
- bazooka (Just a random example)
- passive (+)
- deepthroat (- I want to keep and use this one)
- selfpleasure (+ prolly a stupid idea on my part, I thought it would be useful for some pics)
- deflowered (+/- I've encountered one or two in yours or CW's pack. Either agree no to use those or flag them.)
- caressed (+)
- forced (+, I thought that would be really easy to use in code but you're right)
- beast/tentacles
- meditating (- We just never look for these, could come useful)
- gardening (+)
- walking/talking (+)
- running/sport (-/+ Running we can remove, sport is different from exercise)
- no bg (-)
- long dress (... I don't know, I can't tell if it's useful or not in code.)
- santa (@CW's recent request?)
- secretary (+ it's a fetish... but you're right)
- whore (+ dressed as an obvious trump... but as strange as it sounds, I don't think it's all that useful :) )
- maybe yukata (- CW's recent request...)
- maybe schoolgirl too (- why the feck not? Awesome category to display on school reports at the very least...)
- maybe uniform (military or professional, I don't know how this is useful though...)
- basement (+, it's not the same as a dungeon, but basement is super freaking rare)
- empty room (+ it's more useful for OW as they have different kinds of rooms, still I think it's easier to clean a couple of pics with simple backgrounds to no bg and display on top of room backgrounds than to tag 1000s of images with specific tags)
- office (+)
- shack (+)
- stable (+)
- stairs (+ == generic)
- maybe studio (+ we either leave and use all specific locations or leave a few relevant to the game)
- workshop (+)
- harbor (+)
- hills (+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You could keep some not too rare tags if you want, but I wonder if they will be useful for the code, considering their rarity.

Interactions and slavetraining I expect (as I've pointed out in previous post).

Another thing, we should really remove a couple of backgrounds from simple bg profile pics, it's usually not very difficult and those are bloody useful... if not now, later in development.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »
- No bg
What's the difference between no bg and quest then? I don't see it.

- Wildness.
We have meadow, park, forest. They all have plants, and they could be considered as nature too.
What I mean is a tag for some place without plants, and not totally urban. Rocks, caves, etc.

- Deflowered
If there are such pics in my packs, it's because I overlooked them. I found a couple of such pics while tagging Alice and deleted them, the same I'll do with others during tagging.

- Long dress
It's either summer, formal or fashionable to me. It's like having a "red dress" tag, anything can be long or red.

- Uniform
Too general concept to me. It will be hard to use in code. Either remove or give a much more accurate determination.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:46:49 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
- No bg
What's the difference between no bg and quest then? I don't see it.

- Wildness.
We have meadow, park, forest. They all have plants, and they could be considered as nature too.
What I mean is a tag for some place without plants, and not totally urban. Rocks, caves, etc.

- Deflowered
If there are such pics in my packs, it's because I overlooked them. I found a couple of such pics while tagging Alice and deleted them, the same I'll do with others during tagging.

- Long dress
It's either summer, formal or fashionable to me. It's like having a "red dress" tag, anything can be long or red.

- Uniform
Too general concept to me. It will be hard to use in code. Either remove or give a much more accurate determination.

- no bg (I want more no bg pics even if I have to remove the backgrounds myself (when enough code is ready to make a game).

- wilderness (+ to add)

- deflowered (+ to remove)

- long dress (+ to remove)

- uniform (+ to remove)

Lets wait for a work from CW and update tags.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
You mentioned that the game is able to remove simple backgrounds by itself. Maybe you should test it and find out how exactly simple those bg should be. It could solve this problem.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:22:42 AM by DarkTl »