devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173383 times)

Offline rudistoned

Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »
Those two tags are conceptually broken, so they should be replaced IMHO.

Simple option: undress
Means the main character of the image undresses, is undressed by someone else or undresses someone else

Detailed option: Three tags that distinguish the above meanings

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2013, 07:23:38 AM »
Here is the new version.

In addition to changes that we talked about solo is mast now in main tags. I've removed mast subtag (=main mast tag), pov (=partner hidden), added undress subtag in "other" and ripped in style instead of pony (let's avoid pony mania in the project).

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
Great! I agree with your changes.

I only find it strange to have one dildo/strapon tag in sex to mc, but three in performed by mc.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
Indeed. Here is the version with all tags.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
Damn, forgot to remove empty room. Here.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »
Rudi has released Tagger with tabs (0.3)...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2013, 06:24:04 AM »
Tabs version here. Let me know if we need more tabs  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »
I'll continue here...

I'll don't have access to code right now, but it should be possible. Even if it isn't, I'll code an option to exclude tags. There are bound to be issues with tags system, it's a new design that I've never worked with but group and bdsm pics should never appear in normal sex category unless those were misstagged (bdsm/group/sex are all main tags from the same category). If you or Dark tagged bdsm or group tag with sex even if characters in the pic are having sex, it was an error.

I used sex,anal and blowjob tags for group and bdsm pics. Because I just don't see a way how to properly tag them otherwise with current set of tags.
In a double penetration pics, tags would be: group, sex, anal, on top, doggy, two guys
Without using these, in this case, you can imagine the same thing: group, on top, doggy, two guys
But if a guy on bottom is having a blowjob instead: group, anal, blowjob, doggy, two guys
Without these tags it would be just: group, doggy, two guys - and you just can't know from position alone if it's a normal or anal sex and have no idea what the second customer is doing (waiting in a line perhaps?)
same for bdsm pics.
So it just seemed to me that it could work if we exclude group and bdsm tags from standard whore job.

We'll get it right after a couple of versions... Dark was right for example, one girl/one guy (of whatever) tags should have been used for any extra guy/girl except the MC. His approach would have been easier to work with, but I'll try to correct all of that stuff with code.

Huh? That's not the way we are doing it? I tagged every sex pics with one guy, except maybe for some guy-less creampie pics. It seemed kind of natural when I was doing it... my bad...
-----------
I figured that the profile tag is for pics that appears in profile screen, so all those nude, maid, sportswear, swimsuit, date and whatever pics that I don't want to show there will be without main tag. Is that right? (To be honest, I don't really get this main tag thing at all)

And there's a lot more I'm confused about...
(just wondering, I gladly correct my tags, I have only 3k pics done so far, which is much less then DarkTl anyway)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:07:33 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »
If you or Dark tagged bdsm or group tag with sex even if characters in the pic are having sex, it was an error.
How are we supposed to tell then what is going on at bdsm pics? There are pics with tied characters, pics with tied characters having sex, pics with tied characters having group or lesbian sex, etc.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
How are we supposed to tell then what is going on at bdsm pics? There are pics with tied characters, pics with tied characters having sex, pics with tied characters having group or lesbian sex, etc.

I never thought about it that way. In this case, we should have had two tags: "normalsex" for WM type "sex" main category and "sex" as a descriptor for group or bdsm main categories. In any case, bdsm will be added post Alpha so we don't have to think about that now. I borrowed a laptop so I could get some extra development time, I am downloading my DB content now so I'll have access to tagger and PyTFall SDK in 3 hours (I have more than 14 GB in my DB PyTFall folder that's not shared so it'll take a while), I thought Rudi coded in an option to exclude specific tags on show already but I've never used it :(

Anyways: That's why this is called pre-alpha development and prototyping :)

Huh? That's not the way we are doing it? I tagged every sex pics with one guy, except maybe for some guy-less creampie pics. It seemed kind of natural when I was doing it... my bad...

Don't... it doesn't matter at all for the Alpha and I expect that we'll have to retag the packs for the beta...

I figured that the profile tag is for pics that appears in profile screen, so all those nude, maid, sportswear, swimsuit, date and whatever pics that I don't want to show there will be without main tag. Is that right? (To be honest, I don't really get this main tag thing at all)

And there's a lot more I'm confused about...
(just wondering, I gladly correct my tags, I have only 3k pics done so far, which is much less then DarkTl anyway)

I am confused about some of the tags as well... We'll figure it out as we go.

As for the main type of tags, it's like in WM, imagine you can only use one tag for whore job, "sex" for example. There is your main category... Rest of tags should serve as descriptors so we can match pics to texts better and maybe even include some logic (like tracking what positions girl may prefer) in the future. It gets more confusing when tags like "handjob" or "footjob" fall into "blowjob" main category, but that's how it is... maybe we should rethink that.

But when "sex" tag that is supposed to be main, is used as a descriptor, it breaks my own approach to the tagging system...

"profile" tag in WM includes everything you've mentioned... but I haven't determined how we should use it yet. I think that Dark, coming from WM background might have tagged all of those as "profile". I prolly would as well. But your approach will not mess up anything, so it's not wrong either.

In many of these cases, I simply need to adapt more and more of the game to the new tagging system and after a bit of playing, we'll see what will work best.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
Ok...
So I remove other main tags from pics that already have one (group and bdsm pics), unless they could be used for both.
And add blowjob tag for every hand,foot and titsjob.

Do we want a cumshot pics in blowjob category too? (I came across a few and tagged them as one guy+bukkake)

----
And what we will do with the service job? It doesn't have a main category yet.
We have tags for waitressing and cleaning (and maybe cooking) actions but these pics are rare.
And a more common pics with maid and bunny costumes, usually with cute looks, but not really doing something.
----
"profile" tag in WM includes everything you've mentioned... but I haven't determined how we should use it yet. I think that Dark, coming from WM background might have tagged all of those as "profile". I prolly would as well. But your approach will not mess up anything, so it's not wrong either.

My concern is, that I would like to show girl's typical outfit in profile menus, not maid/lolita/swimsuit/cosplay/nude pics, these I would like to use only in places where they belong (service job, beach, beauty class...).
And also not every profile image is good for walk in the city, even if it have the same location. For example, I don't want to use Asuka (NGE) in her plugsuit in the city, I would rather have only her schoolgirl, casual and summer pics there.
And we can't really predict these. Sakuya's (Touhou) Maid costume is so significant for her, that I would consider every of her other outfits, even casual T-shirt, to be a special beauty case  :) .

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »
That's beginning to get way too complicated even for us, not to mention other pack makers in the future. We'll have to rework tagging system, at least post Alpha for sure. Two types of "sex" are an overkill without a doubt.
I'll do in on Monday at work, unless someone wants to do it right now :)

We probably don't need most of main categories. They are convenient for us, but they confuse others and don't help the game. For example, we have dress, room and mood tags, so profile tag is not necessary.
While ent main category basically means a leisure of some kind, typically at beach or in bikini.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:13:46 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »
We have tags for waitressing and cleaning (and maybe cooking) actions but these pics are rare.
And a more common pics with maid and bunny costumes, usually with cute looks, but not really doing something.
I believe it should work this way: you need a cleaning picture for cleaning job, and if a girl doesn't have a cleaning picture, you will use maid picture; if there is no maid picture, then any indoor picture. Something like that.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »
I believe it should work this way: you need a cleaning picture for cleaning job, and if a girl doesn't have a cleaning picture, you will use maid picture; if there is no maid picture, then any indoor picture. Something like that.
That's the way to select the most accurate picture - great for events, but I'm not sure about normal next day jobs. Because if a girl have 10 maid pics, but only one is cleaning one, you'll never see the other nine.
On the other hand, main tag approach would select a maid picture at random, show it, and then if it find a cleaning tag, write some additional text about cleaning. (that's the way sex is codded now if I understand it correctly). Good thing is, that you'll see all pics over time, bad is that the best picture will be shown only 1/10 of the time, same like the others those are not as good.
So I believe the best would be a combination of these two, something that would show the correct one most of the time, but sometimes also the other ones.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Something different:
Don't you guys think it would be better to use portraits or specially tagged images in select girl menu instead of common profile pics?

Profile pics are interesting, but they are changing a lot so it's a little confusing to look for a girl based on her looks and they're too small to actually see something.
Portraits should be much easier to navigate, but also a little boring...
...but if we tag a selection of pics, one for each of happy/sad/indifferent moods and change those accordingly, the screen could look much more interesting.
And even more if we could manage to add small icons representing important statuses next to the texts, that would increase it's usefulness a lot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:16:50 PM by CherryWood »