devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173394 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Are you sure then about tagging everyone on pictures except the MC? I mean, absolutely sure, not just kinda sure, like it was the last time I asked?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
Are you sure then about tagging everyone on pictures except the MC? I mean, absolutely sure, not just kinda sure, like it was the last time I asked?

I've solved all current issues by extending girls show method.

However:

Under how we've been tagging now, there is almost no way to differentiate between group or bdsm pic with either: MC + Female, MC + Male, MC + Male + Female. It would have to be done by a very confusing and somewhat flawed way: MC + Female = "bdsm" + "les", MC + Male = "bdsm" + exclude sh!tloads of tags, MC + Male + Female = "bdsm" + well... maybe "group" subtag and STILL exclude sh!tloads of tags.

I think that "one guy" and "one girl" as any other girl and guy except the MC, makes more sense. In fact even adding "solo" tag to the same cattegory will save as from calling: "bdsm" + exclude 6 tags (6 - 12 times accessing the database)... BUT since I will not work with "bdsm" and "group" until after the Alpha, I can only be almost absolutely sure :( Your logic with how an image might be called is as good as my own.

PS: Once again, I seem to have solved all issues with code for the Alpha, pics are being displayed VERY well currently and with CW's testing, we constantly improve upon it...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Is accessing database really such bad thing (=noticeably slowing the game)? I know that we are not Google search, but still, I wouldn't expect 12 conditions for a database to be a problem in this time and age...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2014, 05:12:09 PM »
Is accessing database really such bad thing (=noticeably slowing the game)? I know that we are not Google search, but still, I wouldn't expect 12 conditions for a database to be a problem in this time and age...

Doesn't look like it's slowing us down... still we wont know until we test it with lots of characters. Still, if it can be easily avoided?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
Btw. even with "one girl" tag, you still can't easily get a MC+female bdsm pic, because if you request a Bdsm+one girl, you can get Bdsm+one girl+one guy/two guys/more guys Bdsm group pic.  But it is an improvement. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:09:44 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »
Btw. even with "one girl" tag, you still can't easily get a MC+female bdsm pic, because if you request a Bdsm+one girl, you can get Bdsm+one girl+one guy/two guys/more guys Bdsm group pic. But it is an improvement.

Good point... Still, it's easier to get mc + 1m + 1f...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »
I see. Still, we probably don't need "one guy" and "one girl" tags for sex, anal and les categories.

What about ent main category? Do you use it, or going to use in the future?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2014, 02:01:03 AM »
I see. Still, we probably don't need "one guy" and "one girl" tags for sex, anal and les categories.

Nope, seems kinda useless...

What about ent main category? Do you use it, or going to use in the future?

Not yet, I am not entirely sure what that category includes. Is it supposed to allow easier "ent", "beach" for a beach pic for example? Tags like "dancer, musician, cooking, etc." are kind of "main categories of their own". I hope noone will decide to tag sex pic with cooking, even if that might be correct at times... Even then, "sex pic"/"clean pic" main categories in the future will substitute even that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2014, 02:12:22 AM »
For now ent means activities of some kind (mostly at beach, but not limited to), leisure (sewing or creation of dolls, even puppet-show for characters like Alice Margatroid), playing games (including video games), relaxing in onsen, etc.
Basically, it's like rest, but much more active.

Oh, that remindes me, while I have yet to see a picture for meditation tag, there are a lot of pics with sleeping characters. I guess we could use sleeping tag.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2014, 03:43:11 AM »
would it be possible to automaticaly create some of the derived tags? Like for example let the game tag all bdsm pics without one guy,one girl,two guys etc. with bdsm_solo, all sex without group and bdsm as whorejob_sex...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:36:17 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2014, 05:16:33 AM »
I am not sure how to use ent... we can go without it I suppose.

Sleeping tag would definitely not hurt... maybe playing as well, but we will likely need more tags for slave training post alpha anyway.

@CW:

Not sure, what if someone tags lesbian pic as whorejob_sex? It is possible without a question, might even be easy, but it once again might confuse modders.

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:50 AM »
I was thinking about it in this way:
 We want a Group main tag for easier coding and fever acces to database. But that tag is not needed for describing a picture, if we use a more precise number of participants (two guys...) because its obvious that anything more than one is a group. So if its possible to let the game create that tag after loading jsons, then it could be removed from tagger, but still used in code as main tag.

just a trail of thoughts I get while trying to sleep

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »
Maybe... bdsm can have two guys tag as well. Also someone could tag dancing pic in the same manner. It's worth giving a thought, it might work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
Hi

I'm working on image tagger specifically for PytFall, it is in nearly finished state as it can load from tags.json but not save yet.

I have attached a screenshot of it(hopefully) and in the textbox on the lower right, you can see tags that were not added by me yet, as they were not in the char packs prior to alpha or i missed them  :-[

So.. the question would be how final are the tags in the released alpha's girl packs? Are there any not used leftovers?
A complete list would not hurt, but i doubt that exists yet.

Also, im planing a tags stat window for the current folder, what would be useful is a list of possible or needed combinations, so i can check against those and point out what images are not covered by the pack.

I will be out for the rest of today, so.. yeah going to check up on this tomorrow.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2014, 12:25:55 PM »
List of used tags is planned to change after alpha. In our current tagger software, there are some tags that we don't want anymore, and also some that are missing. And Xela want to add some slave training, and that will surely need new tags too. It's all open for debate now.

So while we have some packs tagged for testing them in the game, it's generally not a good idea to start making new ones for alpha now, as these will surely have to be rettaged in the future.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:43:46 PM by CherryWood »