devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173365 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »
Hi

Hi and welcome :)

So.. the question would be how final are the tags in the released alpha's girl packs? Are there any not used leftovers?
A complete list would not hurt, but i doubt that exists yet.

They are not even close to final I fear, we'll be either revising the system completely or at the very least adding new tags as we enable more and more game modules.

You can find the current taglist list in our own tagger:

link

Also, im planing a tags stat window for the current folder, what would be useful is a list of possible or needed combinations, so i can check against those and point out what images are not covered by the pack.

Super useful! Would it be very difficult to create some form of a replacement mechanism per tag for all images?

I will be out for the rest of today, so.. yeah going to check up on this tomorrow.

Oki, our own tagger cannot be developed any further as it was created by Rudi who disappeared some time ago. It lacks features like stats, substitute tag with other tags and so on. It's code is in open text but there doesn't seem to be a way to rip the Qt interface :( So we cannot add anything to it other than modding it with new tags which can be done with xml/json.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »
Yup, new tagger is very welcomed. Aside from rethinking what tags to use, this is what we are missing the most:
(from out latest discussion about it, page 146 on general discussion thread)

It lacks some basic yet extremely useful functions.
* "jump to N" option or something like that for pictures, very useful for large packs, right now it only has previous and next buttons;
* an option to delete the currently displayed picture; right now to delete any picture you have to close the tagger and delete it manually, otherwise there will be problems;
* an option to delete any unknown tags, will be very useful to delete others' tags and those tags that we don't use anymore.While the tagger can be used even now, it's far from being ready.
All functions from rudi's tagger, except that "guess tags from images names" thing, are welcomed. Including easy modifying tags menus.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »
I'm working on image tagger specifically for PytFall, it is in nearly finished state as it can load from tags.json but not save yet.
I'd say it has more user-friendly interface then our current tagger, I like that list of pictures on the left (it solves the problem with previous/next buttons from Rudi's tagger). Any help with new tagger will be greatly appreciated.

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:30 AM »
You can find the current taglist list in our own tagger:
I have checked it and i'm about half done with merging tags and grouping from it.

Super useful! Would it be very difficult to create some form of a replacement mechanism per tag for all images?
When i was thinking about the Stats window and how to make it, i came up with a query like approach. This is all just an idea yet, nothing is coded.

It would look something like this, listbox or checkedListBox to select main tag, operation type(has tag, missing tag...), multiple CheckedListBoxes separated by and/or logical operators containing actual tags by grouping.
This would be a single query line and you could add multiple lines.

This could be applied to replacing concept too, in the same manner.
But lets get back to this once tags are up to date and saving is implemented :)

* "jump to N" option or something like that for pictures, very useful for large packs, right now it only has previous and next buttons;
I would think the listbox on the left should be sufficient, im planning next and prev buttons with hotkeys.
I also came up with the idea that, if you double click a panel or its label, all checkboxes in that panel are cleared. good/bad? (its already done :) )

* an option to delete the currently displayed picture; right now to delete any picture you have to close the tagger and delete it manually, otherwise there will be problems;
Very doable, however it will most likely have to reload the folder, but it will do it automatically.

* an option to delete any unknown tags, will be very useful to delete others' tags and those tags that we don't use anymore.
With the current approach the code has it will do remove them by default when you save. The save method is not a modify, it is a delete old file -> create new(tags.json)
So yeah, if this is a problem let me know. There will be some kind of notification if unknown tags were found when loading a folder.

All functions from rudi's tagger, except that "guess tags from images names" thing, are welcomed. Including easy modifying tags menus.
Guess tags is not planned at all, dynamic tag adding by users is not planned for first working release, however i will most likely add a CheckedListBox to the UI, that will load custom tags from a file and will use them as the other checkboxes.

----

Other stuff:
ProfileSad ProfileAngry tags are obsolete?
I could not find the REST - COMBAT - DANCE(not dancer) tags in the old tagger, however it is extensively used in packs. dead?
Lolita tag refers to clothing/behavior and not physical build?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »
Other stuff:
I could not find the REST - COMBAT - DANCE(not dancer) tags in the old tagger, however it is extensively used in packs. dead?

- Yeap.
- I think those were renamed.
- I think so.

===
Might be best to wait for Dark/CW to answer these questions as well. I am not very familiar with the tagging system and that is already becoming a problem. After I am done with fixing all bugs and doing a code review (getting rid of poorly designed outdated code and trying to move as much of the logic as possible to Python modules/buildins that are executed in C instead of Python), I need to tag at least one girl or pack myself to figure out the system better.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »
Guess tags is not planned at all, dynamic tag adding by users is not planned for first working release, however i will most likely add a CheckedListBox to the UI, that will load custom tags from a file and will use them as the other checkboxes.
Well, there will be some changes in the future (for example, we already could use sleep tag). You probably don't have enough time to make a new version every time we add something new, so custom traits will be useful.

Or you can give us the source code and explain in general terms how to add/remove traits to your tagger  :)
We use combinations like profile + sad or profile + angry now.

We do have the rest tag in the old tagger, in main tags iirc, and we use it. We use battle instead of combat now, and dancer instead of dance.

The last two tags are consequences of "guess tags from images names" option that I forgot to shut down, we never used them. Basically, when the image name was combat (1).jpg, it "guessed" to add combat tag.

For physical build and behavior we use traits. Thus, it refers to clothing only.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:14:22 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
 It's a little early, but even without new content, this is my option what we could change in tags:

Add:
- nap (or sleep)
- bath
to be used with rest, ent could stay as subtag for rest too

- apron
- santa
to styles, because they're not that rare

- gym storage (one of the more popular sex locations)
- sportground (we have a sport, exercise, sportswear but no playground)

And some expressions are not that clear
- surprised vs uncertain
- "in love" (blushing and sparkling eyes) vs provocative (sexually)
- scared vs in pain
(but maybe it's too much)

Remove:
-meditating
-healing
-drunk
-autumn
-studying
-eat pussy
-do eat pussy

Do something with the "active" tag, because it's the most annoying one right now.

Decide if we want to specify group sex pics more.

use "simple bg" for all graphic background (but that would be annoying to set) and/or use some "other" location tag for all these not applicable locations like spaceships... (so they could be excluded if needed)
Because in current system, tagless images can squeeze themselves almost everywhere and make a mess

Also, establish a more clear usage for battle and fighting/magic tags, or rename them for that purpose
- For guard job (also for arena gms) best would be pics with girls in some intimidating pose.
- when brawling happens, or in arena, it should use a more action pic, girl charging into attack, hurting fireballs...
- pics of girl fighting vs someone. We could use these in combat class now and automated exploration job in the future.
(in regards of this it may be woth note that:
"magic" tag without "battle" tag means non-combat magic
"weapon" tag could be used in more places, for example with "strip" for new text variant)

add something like "girlsmeet" tag to clearly state what pics are good for use in the city. It's now really awkward to set that.
this is a beach atm:
Code: [Select]
for_gm_selection = ["sex", "anal", "les", "blowjob", "bdsm", "group", "mast", "strip", "nude", "ripped", "battle", "cosplay", "cooking", "waitress", "musician", "singer", "studying", "hurt", "pajamas", "lingerie", "scared", "angry"]
all_indoor_tags = ["generic indoor", "arena", "bar", "bathroom", "bedroom", "classroom", "kitchen", "living room", "library", "shop", "stage"]
Code: [Select]
img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", "swimsuit", "summer", exclude=for_gm_selection + all_indoor_tags + ["pool", "onsen", "winter"], type="any"and that is one of the better locations
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:32:09 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
No kidding about the purpose signs (girlsmeets, slave-training, interactions etc.). Database needs to be accessed with every exclusion...
Like what we're doing?

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2014, 06:31:17 PM »
Done with about 90% of tags in old tagger.. getting late :)

Made the code ready for dynamically adding tags(was 2 hours...), but did not get to the part to actually do the implementing.

Did not find these in old one, are they defunct or planned?
Biceps, abs, shoulders, muscle, legs

I like the idea to have more precise and/or descriptive tags, i had trouble figuring out some myself, so if anyone wishes to clerify the most complex ones, i will add them as tooltips. So that new taggers/pack makers can make sense of it more easily.

Well, there will be some changes in the future (for example, we already could use sleep tag). You probably don't have enough time to make a new version every time we add something new, so custom traits will be useful.

With the current system its about 5 minutes adding 5 new tags manually, add checkboxes, link event, append tag strings to DB. No editing var lengths or other such stuff is needed.

Or you can give us the source code and explain in general terms how to add/remove traits to your tagger  :)

Will happen :)

We do have the rest tag in the old tagger, in main tags iirc, and we use it. We use battle instead of combat now, and dancer instead of dance.

Missed that one, combat/dance removed.

For physical build and behavior we use traits. Thus, it refers to clothing only.

Moved to clothing styles.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
to be used with rest, ent could stay as subtag for rest too
For what purpose? I mean, what kind of images should use it?

- surprised vs uncertain
- "in love" (blushing and sparkling eyes) vs provocative (sexually)
Uncertain cannot be fully replaced by surprised. There are a lot of sex images with precisely uncertain expression (like she is not sure if she enjoys it or not), and not surprised (reminds me that joke "there is no rape, there is surprise sex"  ::) ).
Blushing and sparkling eyes = shy + happy or something?

Remove:
-meditating
-healing
-drunk
-autumn
-studying
You probably right, those tags are super rare...

-eat pussy
-do eat pussy
...but these ones are not.

Do something with the "active" tag, because it's the most annoying one right now.
Yup. It is also the most subjective tag.

add something like "girlsmeet" tag to clearly state what pics are good for use in the city.
We already have date tag for this purpose, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
Did not find these in old one, are they defunct or planned?
Biceps, abs, shoulders, muscle, legs
Rudi's tagger was originally designed for his own game, that game uses these tags. We don't.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »
Uncertain cannot be fully replaced by surprised. There are a lot of sex images with precisely uncertain expression (like she is not sure if she enjoys it or not), and not surprised (reminds me that joke "there is no rape, there is surprise sex"  ).Blushing and sparkling eyes = shy + happy or something?
I didn't mean to replace anything
...but these ones are not.
I'm sure I've never used that one and I never will - because there is "lick pussy" tag for the same thing.
We already have date tag for this purpose, if I'm not mistaken.
I was using it special dresses or just "more cute than normal" pics - when a girl is making herself pretty but still casual for a date with you. It was used in date example (at the very end), but that's gone now so that tag is not in use atm.
 Dunno what to do with it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:46:49 AM by CherryWood »

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2014, 03:08:38 AM »
I have a release worthy build of the new ImageTagger, i would like to make a new topic for it to keep it organized, would it be fine in here, the "Game design" thread?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
I'm sure I've never used that one and I never will - because there is "lick pussy" tag for the same thing.
Yup, I guess you right.

I was using it special dresses or just "more cute than normal" pics - when a girl is making herself pretty but still casual for a date with you. It was used in date example (at the very end), but that's gone now so that tag is not in use atm.
Iirc, profile+date = pictures for girlsmeets with the current code.

I have a release worthy build of the new ImageTagger, i would like to make a new topic for it to keep it organized, would it be fine in here, the "Game design" thread?
Sure.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
Is it possible to load and save tags to images, or is it using just .json files?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:59:00 AM by CherryWood »