devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 173370 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
^Nope. No one but Rudi knows how exactly that stuff works. And he didn't left any notes.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
^Nope. No one but Rudi knows how exactly that stuff works. And he didn't left any notes.

I see... that's too bad. I really became accustomed to sorting and renaming images by tags and to be able to write them by hand in photoshop. That was a great time saver sometimes.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
You could try to suggest it to mcmanus82 in his thread. Maybe he will figure it out  :)

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2014, 02:37:43 PM »
Is it possible to load and save tags to images, or is it using just .json files?
Its just the json, nothing is changed in the images themselves.

I will look into it, but no promises. Editing image headers is quite outside of my comfort zone :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2014, 03:34:56 PM »
I see... that's too bad. I really became accustomed to sorting and renaming images by tags and to be able to write them by hand in photoshop. That was a great time saver sometimes.

As I've said before, our tagger logic is in human readable format and pretty well documented. Problem with our tagger is GUI.

Code that writes to XMP is long and complicated even in Python so unless Windows has a ready, easy to use set of instructions repeating Rudi's work in C# would be a pain in the @ss with a very limited benefit...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:47 AM »
I wonder if there is a way to quickly delete all metadata from pictures...

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »

Iirc, profile+date = pictures for girlsmeets with the current code.
"date" tag is not used anywhere in the game right now (but not excluded either), and I'm sure I never used both these tags on one picture in my packs. But I'm more than willing to change that, if we decide on it (both the code and images).

I do not agree with "Profile"+"Date", because problem is with locations that use outfits not best suited for profile screen:
"Profile" + "Date" + "bikini/swimsuit/beach" - "pool" for beach gms, would mean that we will have bikini pics in profile screen and it's not good to start excluding tags from that one (it's the most used screen and Xela don't want to slow the game with excluding tags  too much)

So I think it's best to use a separate Main tag for girlmeets. Now it depends if you think that pictures like this one:

could use a special tag, to have the possibility to use them in some lovely private date scenario in the future, or not (move those pictures to beauty tag or delete them from packs as not useful).

Depending on that we could made a new tag (for example "GM") and keep "Date" as it subtag (no "Date" -> use "GM") or for less rettaging (maybe you used it like it?) use current "Date" tag as main gms tag and made a new subtag for pics like these, or if you don't think we need them, just use current "Date" tag without adding anything (like you said you think it could be at first = I'll just set all gm location to "Date")

(combination with "Profile" will not mean anything extra, just that it's used for both)

or something else entirely...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:25:02 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
Xela suggested to use profile+date for girlsmeets back then, and I agreed. If he didn't code it yet after all this time, well, job well done, Xela  :D

Ok, let's say we'll use GM for girlsmeets. GM pics are (mostly) profile pics that can be used for girlsmeets as well with no questions asked, ie for example a girl standing somewhere on the street in a decent position, not sitting in a bathroom half-naked or something.

Now, date tag is what confuses me most, because it's almost like Xela's Active tag or wm's Cute trait, something subjective, not entirely obvious for everyone. Basically, you mean something like "girl in a more or less pretty dress and in a more or less good mood makes it clear that she likes MC"?  :)

I guess that could be useful on many occasions, however, I expect such pictures will be rare for characters that don't have tons of pics like Asuka or Touhou girls.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »
Ok, let's say we'll use GM for girlsmeets. GM pics are (mostly) profile pics that can be used for girlsmeets as well with no questions asked, ie for example a girl standing somewhere on the street in a decent position, not sitting in a bathroom half-naked or something.

Yes, that's it. Advantage is in selecting a pics from anywhere (like, if we add a "palace district", formal clothes pics to be used here from otherwise "etiquette" pics).
It should be very simple, like it was intended. It's mainly just the early confusion with swimsuit and ent pics that caused this to be a little messy now. I'll try it in my version with a testing girl.

Now, date tag is what confuses me most, because it's almost like Xela's Active tag or wm's Cute trait, something subjective, not entirely obvious for everyone. Basically, you mean something like "girl in a more or less pretty dress and in a more or less good mood makes it clear that she likes MC"?  :)
Yes, something like that  :) . I usually tend to put unusual outfits (=not what the girl normally wear on most other pics) to categories like "beauty" or this one. Also, it's very unlikely something like this can support expressions (it's even hard for normal profile sometimes), so "likes MC" is a good vague description.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:35:30 PM by CherryWood »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »
I separated battle and fighting tag. "battle" is now used for normal guard job and in arena girlsmeets, "fighting" is used for guard job when there was a fight with customers and in arena after-match report.

I also prepared code in all girlsmeets location to use new "girlsmeets" tag. It's commented out now.

I wanted to repair tags in jobs and add tags like "sleep" to rest with some simple texts there, but that turned out to be much more complicated, so it had to wait....

If you don't agree with something, I revert it back.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
We also could use profile+weapon tag for guards, probably. Otherwise, why have weapon tag at all?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
I just thought, because Guard is a main job, that it could use a dedicated tag category. And "fighting" was not used anywhere...
When girl have a significant weapon, she usually have it on almost all pics (Airi...) and mages usually have none. And because we allowed changing occupation, player can make warrior from first schoolgirl, so "weapon" is not really dependable.
But yes, we could add some series of checks using profile instead, like weapon first, confident look second or something... "battle" just seemed easier to me.

And about usefulness of tag like "weapon" and some others - no idea.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2014, 07:32:45 AM »
While "weapon" tag could be useful theoretically, I doubt we actually will use it. I don't remember, perhaps it was Rudi's tag originally.

I separated battle and fighting tag. "battle" is now used for normal guard job and in arena girlsmeets, "fighting" is used for guard job when there was a fight with customers and in arena after-match report.
So battle is when a girl only looks like she is ready for combat (weapon, armor, etc), and fighting is when she actually attacks someone?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:22 AM »
So battle is when a girl only looks like she is ready for combat (weapon, armor, etc), and fighting is when she actually attacks someone?
Yes, right now it is like that. But it's easy to change...
---------
Like I said in general thread, it seems that we need to add a few tags for the sake of performance, so there is no main tag that is often used alone...
It would be good to move "blowjob" to the same level as "handjob", "titsjob"...  but I have no clue how to name main tag for this group then... Any Idea?

EDIT: keeping "blowjob" main tag as it is and adding "BJ" or something for normal blowjob pics may be better alternative
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:11:50 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2014, 04:41:45 AM »
Hard to say. Maybe stimulation?