Author Topic: <-- Archived --> *Image tagging concept  (Read 172047 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Image tagging concept
« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2014, 08:58:12 AM »
Any update on the new tagger?
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »
I'm currently experimenting with some advanced interface components (the portrait selection in an existing image for example).

I haven't coded the character editor yet (imports from data.xml, .girlsx, .rgirlsx and .json, editor UI and export to .json), but that's pretty much the only big part that isn't done yet (where done means coded, not tested).
Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:07:30 AM by livingforever »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2014, 09:39:22 AM »
I'm currently experimenting with some advanced interface components (the portrait selection in an existing image for example).

I haven't coded the character editor yet (imports from data.xml, .girlsx, .rgirlsx and .json, editor UI and export to .json), but that's pretty much the only big part that isn't done yet (where done means coded, not tested).
Have fun!

You can prolly skip the editor (for now), it's too early as a lot is bound to change.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2014, 10:21:02 AM »
Before you rant that the game is far from complete and that everything will be fine in the final version: Yes, whatever you say. But the tags might need a little more work than you want to admit.
Dunno...

I would actually say that only thing in dire need of decision will be how to tag group and bdsm categories (and that could be solved as simple as saying that "group"+"sex"+"anal" = DP pic, with no need to change anything in that case), and maybe some helper tags like "service" (cause just "bunny" or "maid" outfits gives unpleasant results like battle maids or too ecchi pics sometimes). All other stuff seems to be just minor issues that we might want to improve (or simplify), but not much happen if we don't.

Codewise the system to check tags and display images seem to be fine. I'm only thinking about replacing all the simple instances like:
Code: [Select]
self.show("profile","happy", resize=(500, 600))With something like:
self.show("profile", "indifferent", "happy", exclude=["scared", "angry"],resize=(500, 600))to display more acceptable pics in case first one is not found.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 10:39:10 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
Codewise the system to check tags and display images seem to be fine. I'm only thinking about replacing all the simple instances like:
self.show("profile","happy", resize=(500, 600))With something like:
self.show("profile", "indifferent", "happy", exclude=["scared", "angry"],resize=(500, 600))to display more acceptable pics in case first one is not found.

I was planning to automatically apply "mood" tags unless such behavior is not desired. Don't replace this stuff (yet). I'll add simplified version of the system soon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
I was planning to automatically apply "mood" tags unless such behavior is not desired. Don't replace this stuff (yet). I'll add simplified version of the system soon.
Ok  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
Alright, let's do it. Let's recall basics for a start.

Profile - when a girl does nothing, or something insignificant that doesn't matter much. Pictures that you usually can see in girl's profile.
- beauty: for beauty school and similar activities; sometimes it can be used with profile tag, sometimes not, it's up to pack maker.
- etiquette: same for etiquette school and similar activities.
- girl_meets: pictures that are supposed be used when you meet girls outdoors. Not every picture could be used for that, things like sitting on invisible chairs or lying characters probably should not have this tag. Perhaps we should change it to meets or meetings.
- date: profile pictures that allow you to assume that the girl there is on a date. Like, she is holding someone's hand, happily looking, etc. Quite vague, but still could be used for actual dates.
- battle - for pictures that could be used at arena, after exploration ,etc. Ie when a character is ready for combat, but not actually fighting.

Battle_sprite - specific pictures that are used in BE.
Portrait - nuff said.

Sex - any type of sexual activity.
- equipment: anal toy, dildo, device, random item, strapon
- partner: one/two/three/more girls/guys, partner hidden
Let's leave other sex tags for now and decide what to do with other tags.

Tags that exist regardless of main tags.
- Emotions: angry, confident, defiant, ecstatic, happy, indifferent, sad, scared, shy, in pain, tired, uncertain
- Places: arena, bar, bathroom, beach, classroom, dungeon, forest, generic indoor, generic outdoor, kitchen, library, living room, meadow, onsen, park, pool, road, ruin, shop, stage, urban

- Clothes: armor, bikini, bunny, casual, cat, cosplay, cow, dog, dominatrix, exposed (not actually nude or topless, but not "safe for work" either), fashionable, formal, lingetie, lolita, magician, maid, miko, nude, nurse, pajamas, plugsuit, ripped, schoolgirl, sportswear, swimsuit, topless, transformed

- Time: autumn, evening, night, summer, winter - should be used to exclude obviously inappropriate by time pictures.

- Actions: cleaning, cooking, dancer, eating, exercising, fighting, gambling, healing, hurt, magic, musician, reading, rest, shopping, singer, sport, studing, undress, waitress, striptease
There are a lot of pictures for shower and bath. We need some general tag for them too, but I'm not sure which one.

- Backgrounds: no bg, simple bg

Did I miss something so far? Anyone want to add something? It's been awhile, I'm sure I forgot something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
- girl_meets: pictures that are supposed be used when you meet girls outdoors. Not every picture could be used for that, things like sitting on invisible chairs or lying characters probably should not have this tag. Perhaps we should change it to meets or meetings.

You misunderstood why me and CW requested this. girlsmeets tag should simply state that a pic is usable for girlsmeets, it should not suggest that it's outside. We'll handle locations with other tags.

Girlsmeets seem like a large concept in the game that we've put quite a bit of time and effort into, it makes sense to have a tag to make them better.

- date: profile pictures that allow you to assume that the girl there is on a date. Like, she is holding someone's hand, happily looking, etc. Quite vague, but still could be used for actual dates.

If we made a decision to use full sized sprites supported by portraits, this we no longer need. I think that it makes sense to use this format for any future dates as well.

- Places: arena, bar, bathroom, beach, classroom, dungeon, forest, generic indoor, generic outdoor, kitchen, library, living room, meadow, onsen, park, pool, road, ruin, shop, stage, urban

This could prolly be simplified. Tags like these have also proven to be very difficult to impossible to use in the game correctly.

============
Otherwise, you guys can decide for yourselves. Tagging system is working fairly well already and I am not quite sure what should be done to simplify/complicate things. It depends on far to many factors.

You can start a new thread if you like, to keep track of decisions we make in the front post.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
Alright, let's try it with sex tags.

For bdsm:
- dominant, when the girl is on dominant side. Such pictures exist, but they are quite rare. So perhaps we don't need it.
- restrained and suspended, both are very common.
- whipped and spanked, quite common and useful for ST.
- leashed, quite common too.
- torturing, suffers pain except whips and spanking.
- forced orgasm, even though we could use restrained+ecstatic or something, it's not exactly the same, since it can be done without partners or even without restraining.

I thought about rape before, but it's just sex tag+sad/angry.

For sex:
Sex poses: 69, doggy, missionary, onside, ontop, scissors, sitting,  spooning, standing.
Additional tag: deepthroat (only for blowjob actions)

Now I'm not sure if we should use that approach with body zones, like vaginal, oral, etc. proposed by livingforever, or stick to our old system.

For group:
group is basically any sex tag + more than 1 partner. Often it's difficult to describe resulting pose, so we avoid it.  We still could use sex action and zones tags to describe in general what's going on with the girl. Ie in case of double penetration we take vaginal+anal. If she also uses her hands, we throw handjob too.
Group pictures have one subtag: bukkake.

Most sex pictures have one general tag: cum covered. It requires no partner, and it's a universal tag, since almost anything could happen with the girl before she became like this. So it could be used in many cases if there is no a better picture.

Offline livingforever

« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »
Now I'm not sure if we should use that approach with body zones, like vaginal, oral, etc. proposed by livingforever, or stick to our old system.
That was part of the skill discussion and is not necessarily related to tags.
Have fun!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »
It's usually obvious it case of straight sex who does what. So if we use one simple "oral" tag, it means usual blowjob.
Now in case of lesbian actions it's not so simple, since multiple actions could be done in the same time. Same could be said about groups.

Perhaps we could handle it via tagging software, if it would allow to create several describing phrases, with the help of several drop-down menus for example.
So it's:
1) active/passive, fuck or be fucked. I don't really share Xela's idea about those tags, so we could use them here.
2) partner, male/female.
3) action type, anal/oral/vaginal/hand/foot
4) (otional) toys

So if we have two phrases: 1)passive+female+vaginal+strapon 2)active+female+oral+vaginal, it means les action where the character is fucked by strapon while licking (somehow) her partner's vagina.

It would allow us to describe even group actions more or less accurate.
It doesn't exclude tags like one/two/three/more guys, since not everyone can participate in the current action.

Offline livingforever

« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »
Hi!
Perhaps we could handle it via tagging software, if it would allow to create several describing phrases, with the help of several drop-down menus for example.
Done. Not with dropdowns, but the concept is easy to implement with what is already implemented.

It doesn't exclude tags like one/two/three/more guys, since not everyone can participate in the current action.
Done as long as the actions don't need to be assigned to the acting characters (which can't be handled with the current tagging concept anyway).
Have fun!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »
There is one uncertainty remains.
This construction [1)passive+female+vaginal+strapon 2)active+female+oral+vaginal] clearly describes les action, but if we describe a group action, you can't say what's going on exactly. She can lick anyone, and anyone could use strapon. I'm not sure how to handle it. Perhaps we shouldn't try to handle it at all.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2014, 04:31:46 AM »
I gave it some thought, in case of group actions it's probably enough to specify partners and used character's body parts.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »
I couldn't force myself to get rid of emotion tags. Some of them are more common, but all of them are not rare. And there are many cases when you cannot describe a picture without one of currently existing tags.

As for places tags, I propose:
- beach (very common);
- nature (meaning forest/meadow/anything else with plants and stuff, also park goes here, since even when you can the difference, it's not very important),
- wildness (caves, rocks, etc. ie anything outside of city that is not nature),
- bathroom, pool and onsen we replace with bath action tag+generic indoor/outdoor+clothes tags,
- classroom is an overkill when we have school uniform tag,
- living room for all rooms that look suitable for living, and generic indoor for others,
- city and road for main urban outdoor pics, and generic outdoor for others.
- even though stage tag is pretty rare, it also will help to exclude generally unsuitable pictures that still could be used for jobs and events.

I'll think about clothes tags, we probably have too many either.