Author Topic: better ending  (Read 5676 times)

Offline fg109

better ending
« on: October 18, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »
I suggest a better ending.  I've only played through version 1.26 so I don't know if that's changed, but when you get rid of your last rival, all i got was a pink pop-up with the message:
"You've won the game! Hooray!"

That just seems so... lame.  Maybe instead you can show a picture of the player sitting on a throne with the crushed skulls of his enemies lying around him (if he was evil) or a crowd cheering the player as he is being carried through the streets in a parade (if he was good) along with a longer narrative, about defeating all rivals and becoming leader of the criminal elements in Crossgate; next stop, the world!

Well, I'm not that creative so my suggestions are probably just as bad.  But I'm sure someone must be able to come up with something longer than a couple of words.

Other than the ending, there needs to be a screen or something showing how much of the city you currently control and how your rivals are doing.  It's so frustrating wondering if the sabotage missions were actually doing anything.  Not to mention practically every time I defeated a rival the game crashed, which also made winning a lot harder.

Another minor annoyance I have is that even though girls think you're their true love, you still get the same options.  Can't consensual sex be possible?

I'm not sure about others, but I'd like the player to be able to take a more active role.  What if you could have a player join the gangs on their missions, giving them an extra 10% chance of success?  The cost could be that you couldn't talk to any girls the next turn, because you're too tired and worn out.

Offline Bloodly

Re: better ending
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »
We can work on the ending once the wretched thing can go 5 minutes using the major functions without crashing out.

True.  Something showng how many businesses you've got would be wise-currently, they only show up at the next day prompt.

USE the Summary screen, please; if you're Sabotaging, you'll be told whether you succeeded or failed.  The gang pane's there for precisely this.

An interesting thing; 'rape' against a target that's 'into you' has no effect on rebelliousness.  Can't affect the willing?

Offline fg109

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
About the sabotage thing, I know I can see whether they succeeded or not through the turn summary.  What I mean is that I didn't know if sabotage was even doing anything against the rivals.  I wasn't sure if I am supposed to beat them through sabotage (damaging their territory and sometimes burning their brothels) or through acquiring territory (fighting and stealing their territory).  It would have been a lot easier if there was info showing how your rivals were doing so I could tell just what I was supposed to do.  Although this could be addressed with a more comprehensive manual as well.

Also, using "rape" on someone who's in love with you does lower rebelliousness, just not a lot.  It takes 3-4 times to lower it by 1 point.  I know because I kept trying to get Cecilia pregnant to breed up some Tough + Quick Learners...

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:03:59 PM »
I really hope a Player born trait will be attached to your daughters soon, at least you can avoid it if your memory fails you.

Yeah, a little box showing rival's terrritory, amount of brothels, girls?, and men would add a bit of depth to the gang side, you could even make a gang go out every now and again to 'scout' or 'gather info on rival' to update the screen if you feel that just automatically knowing is odd.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
All of this is already planned. But as stated by bloody bug fixing and certain major feature additions have taken priority. The feature additions because they will change the way the game is played dramatically.

as for daughters getting pregnant well i will be adding the traits because i plan to add this feature:
if daughters get pregnant from customers there is a slight chance a freak is born (slept with relative). Always happens with players kids if preg from player (won't track after nice/nephew level).
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:20:11 AM »
as for daughters getting pregnant well i will be adding the traits because i plan to add this feature:
if daughters get pregnant from customers there is a slight chance a freak is born (slept with relative). Always happens with players kids if preg from player.

What sort of freak?

I was rather looking forward to being able to populate an entire brothel with my incestuous grand and great-grand-children. Sounds like that isn't going to be a viable strategy

Offline Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 05:53:48 AM »
if daughters get pregnant from customers there is a slight chance a freak is born (slept with relative). Always happens with players kids if preg from player (won't track after nice/nephew level).

If you're going for realism it should still be a pretty low chance... The chance (risk) that a child born out of first-generational incest is born with serious genetic problems is still pretty small. Now if you also had a child with "that" daughter, that's when the risks start to run pretty high.

Of course, if you're going for drama rather than realism, go ahead.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
Don't worry, the freaks will have there uses. And some customer like that sort of thing.

Yes it will have a low chance, but higher chance for your children of your children.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Command

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:03 PM »
How about endings that depend of how you treat your rivals how many girls are dead in the dungion how much power you've aquired and also how evil or good are you.

Like one ending if you killed all your rivals and are as evil as you can you could have an ending like you sitting in you office admiring how large your buisness is and also the fact that no one can oppose you now.  Then you look at the mounted heads of your rivals along the walls.

Or you could have another if the body count in the dungion is large enough or the girls fear him enough he could walk along the halls of the brothel at the end of the game and the girls are shrinking away from him knowing getting his attenchion means death or torture.  He's now called Death's hand he then opens the doors of the Dungion and looks at the girls in there terrified knowing on of the girls in the Dungion will die this day.

You can also have a hidden ending that happens once you aquire a one of a kind item in the caticomes or some royalty member that you make fall in love with you.

Here's another idea how about once you win the game have a sub option where you can continue playing or how about having an option for a continuation like a bonus stage where your restless in just controling the crime in one city is not enough so you want to expand to another or even another city that the Caticomes can leed to where everything is different.  A city where all the rivals are much more agressive toward you and it's harder to bribe the authorities.  You can still get help from you city but once you loose control of this city (which is much more likely than in your city it's game over).

Offline letmein

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »
Some neat ideas, but ones that will probably have to be put on the shelf for a while.  I, personally, have never had a stable game (or even an *unstable* one) played to the end, and endings in general are a rather low priority while everything's getting cleaned up.  At the moment, necno seems dedicated to going through pretty much ever major system in the game and revamping them (while hunting down hundreds of bugs); after that's done he might start thinking about game end.  Right now, the better focus is kept on game period - they'll be plenty of time to come up with neat endings once the middle is up to par.
Still lurking.