Author Topic: Breeding program wanted  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Flowersteel

Breeding program wanted
« on: January 05, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
I really like the idea that you can breed the best of your slaves, for a future stock of good slaves. I realise that with the current gameplay - waiting for the kid to grow up means youve already passed the point where you would need able slaves.

I like the thought though. Any ideas ?

edit: also, Ive been having 200 slaves pregnant at the same time, but ive yet to see more than 2-3 children. Is this intentional?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Breeding program wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »
Umm... not on my part, anyway. Sounds like a bug.

The other problem with a breeding program is that you just don't need one. There are so many unique girls and their stats are so good that the benefit you'd get from breeding them would be slight.

One possibility would be to have a "breeder" scenario where all girls got their stats reduced by a factor of 10, and the only way to get better than 10 would be to breed better girls. But we're a long way off being able to support that sort of variant.

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
Spot on what I was thinking, mr. Doc.

Just noticed that your girls can have sons as well... Do they add anything to the gameplay ?

Concerning adding things to the config - what about the %chance of getting a girl ? What about adding a cost for the baby growing up ?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
Just noticed that your girls can have sons as well... Do they add anything to the gameplay ?

Well, the plan was to allow sons to be gang leaders, and you'd get a bonus for a good/loyal leader. Never really got around to looking at the implementation though.

Concerning adding things to the config - what about the %chance of getting a girl ? What about adding a cost for the baby growing up ?

Chance of meeting a girl in town is already in the config. We could do with similar control over the chances of new girls appearing in the slave market (they used to be re-created from scratch each turn - not sure how far I got in addressing that) and the chance of capturing a girl in the catacombs,

Cost for the baby growing up? I suppose it would be easy enough to apply a charge when the tyke reaches 18. Simple enough to take the value from the config.

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »
I was actually thinking that you could set a %chance of a pregnancy to be a girl rather than a boy ;)

The cost, Im thinking, should be applied throughout all weeks the kid is growing up (that way if you change the config to a lower or higher number itll follow the kid).

Someone mentioned something about a way to change the config to allow the addition of rooms in the brothel to be more expensive ? If I change it with the WMeditor itll say e.g. 75.000 gold for a room, but the actual cost will still only be 5.000. Can I fix this with a text editor in the config ?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
I was actually thinking that you could set a %chance of a pregnancy to be a girl rather than a boy ;)

You can do that already: Pregnancy->ChanceOfGirl :)

The cost, Im thinking, should be applied throughout all weeks the kid is growing up (that way if you change the config to a lower or higher number itll follow the kid).

Doable. The program already has to check the child's age each turn. maintenance charges couyld be applied then.

Someone mentioned something about a way to change the config to allow the addition of rooms in the brothel to be more expensive ? If I change it with the WMeditor itll say e.g. 75.000 gold for a room, but the actual cost will still only be 5.000. Can I fix this with a text editor in the config ?

That hasn't been implemented as yet. It's a good idea, but currently the cost is hard-coded to 5000. The best approach would probably be to add a multiplier in the cost factor section.