devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> Image tagger for PyTFall (new)  (Read 23438 times)

Offline mcmanus82

<-- Archived --> Image tagger for PyTFall (new)
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
Xela: While this was an excellent design, we went with file names for beta release.

This is the first second release version of the new image tagger, specifically designed for PyTFall.

Current version 0.2(2014.04.12)
Current dynamic tags: 167

Current features:
  • Since v01:
  • Load/Save Json tags file (bulk files containing tags for multiple folders are not supported)
  • If valid tags.json file is found in selected folder, it is automatically loaded.
  • Display tags for multiple image selection(checked = all images have tag, indifferent = some images have it, unchecked = no images have it)
  • Write tags data for multiple image selection.
  • Delete single or multiple files both from list and folder (also automatically saves tags.json with remaining images and their tags)
  • List unrecognized tags from tags.json(lower right) these are not saved back into tags.json when saving.
  • Checks if the number of image entries in the tags.json matches the number of images in the folder, if not tags.json is not loaded.
  • Last successfully loaded folder is selected when pressing the button again.
  • Path in the tags.json to the folder is not dynamic(as i cannot know what folder structure you will use), edit it after tagging images to point to the right location!
  • Since v02:
  • Checkboxes.xml stores all tags and checkboxess used by the tagger, edit it to add or remove new tags/checkboxes.(details below)
  • Images not listed in the the tags.json for the selected folder are handled, and added without any tags marked for it.
  • Panels are movable by their label, location is saved to panels.xml upon exit and loaded on start. To reset locations delete panels.xml and start app.
Planned features:
  • Adding custom user tags dynamically from config file.
  • Rescan folder button to add newly added images to the folder, into the list and db.
  • Config file to remember settings(do not show message again, window size, last folder etc)
  • Keep path to folder from loaded tags.json
  • Tags stats window.
  • Tag presets, to apply to images with.
Download in attachment, If you find any issues or have feedback please report it here.

Adding or remove new tags/checkboxes:

Checkboxes.xml contains all the checkboxes visible on the UI and their related tag string, home panel, order position on the panel, and that the checkbox has extra spacing above it.

One checkbox data from the xml:

<NewCheckBox>  - Start tag for a single checkbox.
    <OnPanel>PanelClothing</OnPanel>  - Which panel the checkbox is located on, UI control name, not label.
    <NumberOnP>1</NumberOnP>  - Determines the order of the cbs on the panel.
    <AboveSpacing>False</AboveSpacing> - Determines if there is extra spacing above the cb, used for visual group.
    <ID>1</ID> - Used to identify checkboxes and pair them with a tag. SRC zip contains tags_sorted.txt with the ID for each cb, when adding a new cb, find the highest ID and add(currently 167) 1 to it to get the next ID to use.
    <TagString>armor</TagString> - The tag exactly as it is written in tags.json files.
    <CBLabel>Armor</CBLabel> - Label for the checkbox.
  </NewCheckBox>  - End tag for a single checkbox.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:59:57 AM by Xela »

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image tagger for PyTFall (new)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
Very cool, thanks a lot! Works flawlessly so far.

A couple of suggestions.
- The tagger could remember the last opened folder. It is not necessarily, but on many occasions will help to select the folder you need much faster when you tag several girls in a row.
- Maybe screen resolution. I don't need it, the tagger works perfectly for me as it is, but I cannot speak for others.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, right now the game doesn't use the path in tags jsons, it simply looks for them in girls folders. So it's not a problem, as long the tagger saved tags jsons in the girl's folder.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:48:37 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:13 AM »
71 kb? Freaking insane... What language is it coded  in?
Like what we're doing?

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Very cool, thanks a lot! Works flawlessly so far.

My pleasure :)

- The tagger could remember the last opened folder. It is not necessarily, but on many occasions will help to select the folder you need much faster when you tag several girls in a row.

It does, as long as you dont close the program.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, right now the game doesn't use the path in tags jsons, it simply looks for them in girls folders. So it's not a problem, as long the tagger saved tags jsons in the girl's folder.

It saves the tags.json in the currently selected folder, so yes. Will that path be ever needed? If not i will not bother with it.

71 kb? Freaking insane... What language is it coded  in?

C# Windows form application

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
It saves the tags.json in the currently selected folder, so yes. Will that path be ever needed? If not i will not bother with it.
That's Xela's domain, he should know.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »

It's up to the game to determine the path so there is no need to specify it in json.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:07:23 AM »
Could use please share the source code of the tagger, in case you will disappear one day (like Rudi did)? So we could rely on your tagger in all circumstances in the future.

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 04:29:19 AM »
Could use please share the source code of the tagger, in case you will disappear one day (like Rudi did)? So we could rely on your tagger in all circumstances in the future.

I would but i do not have the sc for the released version, the good news is that im working on making it fully configurable from XML.

In detail - all of the currently present checkboxes are loaded from an XML, containing their home panel and order on the panel, panels are resized automatically, clicking and holding LMB on the label of the panel allows to move it around.
XML can be edited to add/remove CBs, change their tag string, change their label, change where a CB is on a panel and on which panel it is.
All of this is done and working, only thing remaining to do is to save the location of the panels on exit, and load it at start.

Hopefully this will be done in 1-2 days, then i will make a new release and include the sc, which you will not need by then :)

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
v0.2 release bump.. :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:05 PM »
Awesome :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline h3nta1fun

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
Great, thanks. Now I feel 100% safe  :)

Offline Lurker

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 05:25:02 AM »
So I'm guessing this is what you use instead of naming the file in the image folder? Or do the image name still have its uses, if so what image categories are available?
Been looking around for some info on this but I havnt found anything. Granted I'm terrible at finding info on forums. xD
ps Neat version of the game lads. :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »
So I'm guessing this is what you use instead of naming the file in the image folder? Or do the image name still have its uses, if so what image categories are available?
Been looking around for some info on this but I havnt found anything. Granted I'm terrible at finding info on forums. xD
If you use tagger (this or previous one, both works fine) to create tags.json file in the girl's image folder, then filenames doesn't matter (so 1321fdgdg31.jpg is ok - it just have to match the entry in .json). Filenames are used only when the game is trying to convert WM packs.

There is no info thread how to tag packs yet, because we will change tags a bit before next version and that means anyone who tag packs right now will need to retag it again in the future, so it's not encouraged. We will create a proper guide after that.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
If you use tagger (this or previous one, both works fine) to create tags.json file in the girl's image folder, then filenames doesn't matter (so 1321fdgdg31.jpg is ok - it just have to match the entry in .json). Filenames are used only when the game is trying to convert WM packs.

There is no info thread how to tag packs yet, because we will change tags a bit before next version and that means anyone who tag packs right now will need to retag it again in the future, so it's not encouraged. We will create a proper guide after that.

Ah nice. Fiddled abit with it earlier and i get the idea. Thanks for the info. :)
Likely wont be tagging anything right now but thats good to know for ze future.