Author Topic: too many items bug and fix  (Read 8375 times)

Offline ghen

too many items bug and fix
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
I had added some 280+ items (less than the 300 limit) and kept getting corrupted saved games.  Narrowed the bug down to line 226 in cBrothel.h
unsigned char m_NumInventory;                    // current amount of inventory the brothel has
(unsigned char are limited to 255 and then overflow).  I changed the line to read

unsigned int m_NumInventory;                    // current amount of inventory the brothel has

it could also be a short instead of an int - up to preference of whomever adds this to the svn.

Offline ghen

Re: too many items bug and fix
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
I made a couple more changes (text changes mostly) to working the bar and the gambling hall.

If anyone is interested, I managed to get SVN built and here is a link to the build.  No girls are included - but you should be able to just copy those over.  Let me know if there are any problems with the files.

Offline Konata

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
What version did you use?

Offline ghen

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
version 612

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
Pasted the mods I'm using into it, haven't noticed any issues so far. I'm curious if you had altered resources\data\config though, I pasted my altered one in without thinking about it.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline ghen

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
I haven't made any changes to the resources. There were a couple changes in the svn though, first there was a change in the config in the torture section - some text and a change in one of the default settings.  There was another earlier change as per the following.

r596 - Added TortureGainTraitDiv to Config.xml for torture code to replace constant TORTURE_CHANCE_DIV

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
Do you know what that alters? I don't know anything about coding. My config was from a 593 version, but if it's worth it, I'll download it again for the config and just make my changes to the new one. All I had done was change all my shop items to a uniform text colour to hide rarity. I made a random effect item with the good effects rarer and it was annoying me to be able to tell by the text colour lol.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline akab

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »

It seems there are problems at the time of the new week events. The synchronization of images of girls and the name no longer appears in the correct order.

It would also be possible to insert the modification of the maximum number of action that the master can do in doungeon?

Offline NWN12

• I am who
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 05:01:20 AM »
What did you change ghen?

Offline ghen

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 09:14:41 PM »
The text changes were just to make the job selection more accurate. Previously any bar job resulted in a random choice of text - waitress could result in singer one week and bartender the next, etc.  I just mapped each job to a description of itself rather than a random description.