devolution

Author Topic: The hazards of poverty  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Midnight_Amratha

The hazards of poverty
« on: December 24, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
i just had a disconcerting message in one of my games, i was ruled out and deemed too poor to continue which puzzled me since i had over 100k gold in the bank. do you think you could make a pop-up window asking if you want to make a withdrawal from the bank if you have money to pay for your expenses? i kept loosing money as the opposing gangs kept robbing me and i had a hard time keeping them from my money despite the fact i had trained them to max and had level 4 weapons, so i thought i could keep some by storing them in the bank but that just made me go broke. are the opponents supposed to be able to do that? also i think the opponents are really agressive now since you upped the starting difficulty. maybe think about not having such a high starting difficulty but keep the challenges growing slowly through the game so you won't get past a point of "i win" untill the game is over.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: The hazards of poverty
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
Good point. Probably give the player a warning and a short time to fix the problem (probably just one turn).

So if you have money in the bank you can draw it out, or failing that you can sell slaves, inventory, whatever.