PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<-- Archived --> (Items Concept)

<< < (3/26) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on June 18, 2013, 07:33:27 AM ---To put it more precisely, I thought about effect on autoequipment system. I have no idea what algorithm it will have.

--- End quote ---

Neither do I, not at this point of development, but if you/anyone else wants to come up with a concept, be my guest :)

DarkTl:
Hm, very well.
1. Occupation. There is no need for big weapons and armors for strippers or whores. So they won't equip or even buy them. We don't have a separate type for clothing like in wm, but armor obviously mostly give bonuses to battle stats rather than charisma or refinement.
At the same time battle occupations could buy both dress and armor, but they definitely shouldn't wear them at work, unless they have uber stats maybe.

Also, maybe girls should somewhat aim for items rising skills needed for their current job, but not all the time. Like intelligence for matrona, etc.

2. Warriors/Wizards/Rogues. Characters with Magic Gift/Magic Talent, especially with high values of magic and mp thanks to training, should aim for mage armors, ie without magic penalties. Not sure about rogue characters with high agility, especially Assassins and Kleptomaniacs (aka thiefs), maybe they should avoid items with agility penalties.
Only warriors mostly shouldn't care about anything except for defence/attack.

3. Item cost, equip chance and good/bad trait list. Not sure about the formula yet, but defenitely not 100% chance of equipping if item has good trait and vice versa like with shopping. If priorities of two items about the same level, then the item with more high cost has to be equipped.

Xela:
I figure first would have to be girls immediate needs like health/mp potions. Second temporary stuff that increases relevant stats, only then actual equipment.

Also we do not have those classes, right now we have Warrior, Prostitute, ServiceGirl and Stripper.

We do have a type field in items that can specify Armor/Dress.

If you want to write a concept, you'll have to be more specific btw :)

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on June 18, 2013, 03:24:28 PM ---Also we do not have those classes, right now we have Warrior, Prostitute, ServiceGirl and Stripper.

--- End quote ---
Jeez, it doesn't matter at all. Like I said, for example, characters with Magic Gift/Magic Talent with higher magic and mp than attack and defence should be considered as mages from the viewpoint of autoequipment system. Don't tell me it's impossible to do this simple check for the game engine without additional classes.
If you want, I could use type field, like "marmor" for mage armors.

--- Quote from: Xela on June 18, 2013, 03:24:28 PM ---We do have a type field in items that can specify Armor/Dress.

--- End quote ---
Ok, I'll use type field for it then.

--- Quote from: Xela on June 18, 2013, 03:24:28 PM ---you'll have to be more specific

--- End quote ---
Well, my creativity is busy with items now  :)
We need about 50-60 items in total for three remaining slots, after that I'll try to come up with more specific algorithm.

DarkTl:
We will need another backgroung for equipment doll, or simply do not delete yellow background when items are equipped. Many of items are hard to see on a black background.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version