PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<-- Archived --> **Traits Concept

(1/20) > >>

Xela:
Traits Concept Design:

Traits will be created in XML.

Trait might fail without this field:

ID: Name of the Trait.
- Game is likely to crash if not specified.
- xml field:
--- Code: ---id="Big Boobs"
--- End code ---

Optional Fields:

Description:
- Defaults to an empty string.
- xml field:
--- Code: ---desc="This girl really has knockers."
--- End code ---

Temp: Trait has only temporary effect.
- Defaults to 0. (Effect is permanent)
- xml field:
--- Code: ---temp='0'
--- End code ---

Modifies stat values (current, max, min):
- Defaults to an empty list
- xml field:
--- Code: ---<mod charisma = '10' />
      <max charisma = '10' />
      <min charisma = '10' />
--- End code ---

Block: Blocks other traits while active.
- Defaults to an empty list.
- xml field:
--- Code: ---<blocks name = 'Small Boobs' />
--- End code ---

Effect: Does not currently do anything.
- Defaults to an empty list.
-

Notes:

- Traits are supposed to be more permanent than items so in this scenario:

Girl has 80 charisma current and 100 charisma max.

Case 1:
- Girls acquires a trait that raises her charisma by 20 points (Maxed out).
- Girl works hard on improving her looks and gains 10 more points (Still at 100 because of Max stat).
- Girl looses the trait, her charisma falls back to 80 points.

Case 2:
- Girl equips an item that raises her charisma by 20 points (Maxed out).
- Girl works hard on improving her looks and gains 10 more points (Still at 100 because of Max stat).
- Girls takes the item of, her charisma is now 90 points.

This is done by design in order to prevent chaos of traits being awarded/removed by every item and event and getting girls with a few dozen traits each (Block is another precaution)

- There is a trait related field in girl's XML called Absolute Block, that ensures that a number of traits can NEVER be awarded to a girl. There is no way to influence that through traits or items and the only way to clear that list is command in game's console or python script.

Xela:
- Reserved -

DarkTl:
I thought about Quick and Slow Learner traits from WM. If I remember correctly, they affect the amount of experience girl receives per each exp rewarding event. It's impossible to create them within the framework of existing traits system anyway, so maybe we could use effects for it eventually.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on June 20, 2013, 11:41:41 AM ---I thought about Quick and Slow Learner traits from WM. If I remember correctly, they affect the amount of experience girl receives per each exp rewarding event. It's impossible to create them within the framework of existing traits system anyway, so maybe we could use effects for it eventually.

--- End quote ---

More traits... I was about to complain that we have to many already :)

By the way, Quick Learner is one of the most unbalanced traits in WM, if experience is going to be really meaningful in the game (already is to the point in Prostitute Rank system, we can prolly do without it. Otherwise it will trigger an effect...

Maybe I should code in leveling or effects tonight, was planning to put in a couple of hours, Roman is doing some work on Alkion as well. I've already fixed Inventory bug where a second empty page appeared in both games if the previous page (Inventory or Shop) is full.

DarkTl:
Actually, it's not enough traits and stats for items  :D
I'm even starting to think we should give up on head slot, at least until we'll have BE with spells and resistances. Moreover, some capes and armors have hoods, so maybe a separate head slot is overkill in general.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version