PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<-- Archived --> (Image Tagger 0.3 released!)

<< < (6/6)

DarkTl:
As a side note, it's amazing how strongly the tagger fragments files. About 10 fragments per each picture.

rudistoned:
Interesting. I never looked at that. I take it the partition in which you keep those files is quite full? Were the files unfragmented before they were tagged? NTFS file system?

DarkTl:
Well, I have many games installed right now, so it's only 46% space free on the logical drive. I'm running defragmentation tool every week, so they were unfragmented. And yes, it's NTFS.

After tagging every single picture becomes 6-12 fragments (10 in average), and that's quite unusual. I mean, why 6 at least, while jsons created by the tagger are never fragmented? And when I hunting for pics while making a pack, they are not that much fragmented, about 3-4 fragments at worst.

rudistoned:
46% free is plenty, so that should not be a problem. NTFS is prone to fragmentation, but since you're defragging it so often, the files probably were unfragmented when you started tagging. IIRC, I implemented it so that the tagger orders a file write every time you switch to another image and at least one of the tags was changed. If you switch around a lot and mostly add tags, that could be an explanation, though I'm still surprised by the amount of fragmentation that ensues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version