PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Arena Concept

<< < (15/16) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 02, 2013, 12:06:42 PM ---Different types of enemies should have different stats. Like a golem should have high hp and defence, while a lich should be a good magican.
At the same time they won't have a fixed level, so you cannot directly set it without a progression of some kind.

Besides, since the game itself will balance out mobs stats, accurate stats values are pretty much useless.

--- End quote ---

Than it would make more sense to set stats on a scale from 1 to 100 and have the game change that accordingly. Exp/Levels are kidna useless than as well :(

I just generally don't like using letter codes where numbers can do the job better.

DarkTl:
Hm, ok. Let it be a scale from 1 to 100.

I see the system like this.
Lich as a monster type should have, for example, 10 attack, 20 def and 60 magic scale. And there are subtypes, like halflich (level 10), lich (lvl 30), ancient lich (lvl 70), divine lich (lvl 120 or = party lvl if party lvl is higher than 120).
So you don't need to create 4 different, yet identical mobs, instead you set a progression and mob's levels in different areas.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 02, 2013, 12:21:11 PM ---Hm, ok. Let it be a scale from 1 to 100.

I see the system like this.
Lich as a monster type should have, for example, 10 attack, 20 def and 60 magic scale. And there are subtypes, like halflich (level 10), lich (lvl 30), ancient lich (lvl 70), divine lich (lvl 120 or = party lvl if party lvl is higher than 120).
So you don't need to create 4 different, yet identical mobs, instead you set a progression and mob's levels in different areas.

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't they have like different pics or something? I always liked games where mobs levels didn't go up with heroes/parties levels.

BTW: If you want to set MP/Health, just use:

"health": 80, "mp": 50

in stats dictionary.

DarkTl:
Ideally, different subtypes should have different pics if it's possible (be my guest and find an artist, then they definitely will). But they are still the same type of enemy.

Let's say you fighting in the forest, and the deeper you go, the more higher-level wolves you will find (I guess it should be a part of tile properties).
So there are 1-5 lvl wolves, 5-10 lvl full-grown wolves (with another picture, if possible, and another progression), etc.

As for leveling with the party, it should be a part of endgame dungeons, where you need best items to survive, not just level.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 02, 2013, 12:43:56 PM ---Ideally, different subtypes should have different pics if it's possible (be my guest and find an artist, then they definitely will). But they are still the same type of enemy.

Let's say you fighting in the forest, and the deeper you go, the more higher-level wolves you will find (I guess it should be a part of tile properties).
So there are 1-5 lvl wolves, 5-10 lvl full-grown wolves (with another picture, if possible, and another progression), etc.

As for leveling with the party, it should be a part of endgame dungeons, where you need best items to survive, not just level.

--- End quote ---

We'll figure it out... one more thing:

Mobs are expected to be facing from right to left, ArenaFighters, characters and random characters from left to right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version