PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<-- Archived --> (Events + Quests)

<< < (2/3) > >>

BlackWolf Inc.:
Well would it be possible to get girls in a different way than their disposition toward the player, say if girl1 is related or a friend of girl2 then they would join you? just curious so sorry if i'm at the wrong end of the stick here.

DarkTl:
I agree with Cherry, so far it's the most vague part of the game, and the most vague our thread as well  :)

--- Quote from: Bowman Vii on January 31, 2014, 01:44:02 PM ---say if girl1 is related or a friend of girl2 then they would join you?

--- End quote ---
We don't have relationships between girls yet, but in the future it might be possible.

BlackWolf Inc.:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on January 31, 2014, 01:50:20 PM ---We don't have relationships between girls yet, but in the future it might be possible.

--- End quote ---
Right, thanks for clearing that up.
===
I third that, I think we need to lay out exactly what  we can and can't do with it, that would be a good start I believe.

Xela:

--- Quote from: CherryWood on January 31, 2014, 01:27:17 PM ---So I don't understand much what you want to know...

--- End quote ---

If you had any requests... or ideas. If what I am coding at the moment is enough, it's enough.

--- Quote from: CherryWood on January 31, 2014, 01:27:17 PM ---It's kind of hard to say that now... because I have no idea what event could actually do besides the obvious gold/items/stats/more text. Like if we could track or affect the actual brothel management, like number of customers, they preferences... something that could change the gameplay a little. And the game doesn't have any goal or challenge yet.

--- End quote ---

Well, that's a great deal already, isn't? We'll add ability to have effect on mechanics at some point for sure, it's possible already, an event that raises reputation of one of your brothels for example. At some point all of your updated girls will tell customers to go to hell if they are way to beneath their standings. Better rep = better customers.

--- Quote from: Bowman Vii on January 31, 2014, 01:44:02 PM ---Well would it be possible to get girls in a different way than their disposition toward the player, say if girl1 is related or a friend of girl2 then they would join you? just curious so sorry if i'm at the wrong end of the stick here.

--- End quote ---

It would be perfectly possible.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on January 31, 2014, 01:50:20 PM ---I agree with Cherry, so far it's the most vague part of the game, and the most vague our thread as well  :)

--- End quote ---

You don't think that events like in SM or MyCuteSlave carry potencial? Simply displaying pretty pics or displaying a bunch of girls playing on the beach if non of them joined you yet (Pics of Nauto girls I've once posted in GD thread)? Or starting a unique quest? Or meeting some traveling merchant? Or meeting an unique girl outside of girlsmeets?

I think stuff like that is awesome. PS: Until this is coded in, we don't really have a proper way to start even as much as Tifas quests btw.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on January 31, 2014, 01:50:20 PM ---We don't have relationships between girls yet, but in the future it might be possible.

--- End quote ---

Well, until that is established, we do have origins don't we?

Pseudo code:

--- Code: ---l = [girl for girl in char.values() if girl.origin == "Naruto" and girl not in hero.girls and girl.location == "city"]
random.shuffle(l)
if len(l) >= 2:
girl = list.pop()
girl2 = list.pop()
g = Character(list.pop().name)
g2 = Character(list.pop().name)
if girl.disposition > 500:
    g "I'll join you but I have a friend who's in need of a job as well"
    g "Her name is [girl2.name] and she is an [girl2.occupation]. Would you take us both in?"

--- End code ---

I can code in the code conditioning if someone provides decent texts and rules for the event.

CherryWood:
Ok. Then because these two lines covers pretty much everything, I say it's enough  :) 
--- Quote from: Xela on January 31, 2014, 12:43:03 PM ---
- Events will also support complex events and complex triggers through Python code, there should be no limits to power of that approach.

- Event system should run on every label in the game and also be useful for triggering girls special scripts (that are basically just more labels).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version