PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Stats Concept

<< < (2/16) > >>

DarkTl:
Then service should be a skill too.

I'm not completely satisfied with our current stats system. I took a look at our archived threads and found our old discussion seven months ago.

--- Quote from: DarkTl ---Charisma is a compelling attractiveness or charm. I'd say it's not the actual beauty (they all are beautiful at pictures), it's the ability to use their beauty correctly.
--- End quote ---
Not entirely true, makeup or dress matter too. Still pictures are unchangeable and cannot be sorted by beauty because it's time consuming and subjective. If we write in the stat description about the ability to use their beauty correctly, it will solve forever some questions about stats logic.

--- Quote from: DarkTl ---Character is the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions, or something like that. But in the game we use it more like pride or stubbornness
--- End quote ---
...or rather power of personality. I can't help but recall Morality/Faith/Ethics combination that exists in SM3.

--- Quote from: DarkTl ---Another thing is fitness. Basically, no matter how enduring you are, you cannot always be in top shape without physical activity, that's what it does as a substat in SM3. I always liked the idea.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: SM wikia ---It reduces the Tiredness gains from other actions by a % equal to the Fitness number.  Raising this reduces the amount of tiredness generated by other actions.  As well as increasing the amount that tiredness is recovered by resting.  The cap on this stat can increase past what your constitution is, but gets reset down to it, by certain actions.  Also decreases with constitution as well.  At max, provides a 50% bonus in decreasing fatigue cost, and recovery both via resting and energy potion.
--- End quote ---
Make sense it terms of life simulation. You have to train all the time to be in a good shape.

Finally, temperament/obedience stats that used widely in other games for ST to determine how well do you train them.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 08, 2014, 04:28:49 AM ---Then service should be a skill too.

--- End quote ---

Yeap.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 08, 2014, 04:28:49 AM ---I'm not completely satisfied with our current stats system. I took a look at our archived threads and found our old discussion seven months ago.
Not entirely true, makeup or dress matter too. Still pictures are unchangeable and cannot be sorted by beauty because it's time consuming and subjective. If we write in the stat description about the ability to use their beauty correctly, it will solve forever some questions about stats logic....or rather power of personality. I can't help but recall Morality/Faith/Ethics combination that exists in SM3.Make sense it terms of life simulation. You have to train all the time to be in a good shape.

--- End quote ---

I don't expect many people being satisfied with any system borrowed from a different game. We've started with a goal of rewriting WM in Python but moved away from that because some of it's concepts felt outdated. Now we're stuck with stats that require an update.

All this stuff is subjective... same thing as I've wrote in the front post, these stats will mean different things to different people who play and develop the game. That's why I proposed counters, seems really hard to mess that one up.

I think that stuff like Morality/Ethics/Faith is too complex and specific for our game. If you want, we can add "alignment" (Dark/Light), we even had a pretty frame from your graphics for it... I could try my hand at trigonometry again to make it work as a kickass bar. But I prolly want to add this after next release... new stats system seems to be required for the Slave Training (in case we want the module to be ready for the next release).

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 08, 2014, 04:28:49 AM ---Finally, temperament/obedience stats that used widely in other games for ST to determine how well do you train them.

--- End quote ---

*** I still feel strongly against this type of stats. Most girls should just except slavery after a good conversation, those that do not, need to be "broken" the hard way, but that too can be a simple counter. We could have a combination of traits/stats that could make sure that a girl cannot be broken at all too.

I don't mind if you want to create content for the system yourself and use stats as you see fit as long as they don't interfere with the rest of the game but it seems like a lot of complicated, unneeded work. + (we can always expand the module later)

Thewlis:

--- Quote from: Xela on November 07, 2014, 05:49:57 PM ---With this system, it will be gone as a stat but we need multiple "girls2guy" skills and can function with a single "girl2girl" skill due to a setup of the game. But I expect with the code that creates these "skills" on the fly we can add multiple "girl2girl" skills as well without too much fuss.

--- End quote ---
I'd suggest just having an orientation penalty. So girl flagged as hetro would have a multiplier of 1 with guys, but if they client is female they'd have a multiplier of 0.6 or something. The multiplier could then be increased with homosexual-specific training.

----

Not that it can't be changed in ST with the coming of the new stats, but I used Character as a 'reverse obedience'. While you may not want an obedience stat, having some sort of acceptance stat would help convey to the player how much the girl is willing to do.

Xela:

--- Quote from: Thewlis on November 08, 2014, 10:01:37 AM ---I'd suggest just having an orientation penalty. So girl flagged as hetro would have a multiplier of 1 with guys, but if they client is female they'd have a multiplier of 0.6 or something. The multiplier could then be increased with homosexual-specific training.

--- End quote ---

Multipliers could be a nice touch but once again: More work :)

I think we can work with skills like:

Oral (blowjob/cunninglingus)
Sex (Normal)
Anal (Anal)
*maybe a few more.

--- Quote from: Thewlis on November 08, 2014, 10:01:37 AM ---Not that it can't be changed in ST with the coming of the new stats, but I used Character as a 'reverse obedience'. While you may not want an obedience stat, having some sort of acceptance stat would help convey to the player how much the girl is willing to do.

--- End quote ---

I like it the way it is... most characters should just agree after explaining their situation to them and especially after promising to free them after 5 - 10 years of loyal service (was a practice in Rome (*In large cities, in rural areas they were often grossly mistreated)). We can have more intensives.

For girls that refuse, it's always seems weird when there is a specific amount of torture character would need to endure to allow be kissed by player, another amount to give a blowjob and yet another amount to work as service girl or prostitute/stripper... that usually ruins the game itself even while at times providing half-decent gameplay...

livingforever:
Hi!

--- Quote from: Xela on November 08, 2014, 10:22:58 AM ---Oral (blowjob/cunninglingus)
Sex (Normal)
Anal (Anal)
*maybe a few more.

--- End quote ---
I'm trying hard not to give you a lesson on official definitions here, but please stop using "sex" as a synonym for "vaginal", because it definitely isn't. Sex is the short term for sexual intercourse which means any form of penetration.
Have fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version