PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

New image tagging concept

<< < (17/18) > >>

CherryWood:

--- Quote from: Xela on January 25, 2015, 07:56:46 AM ---There was a girl from Naruto who was in a sitting position, looked ridiculous. But I've mentioned it because of Squall MC type, there was empty space left on the left side of his battle sprite and I could not tell which row he is in half the time. Also Nami who stood next to him looked like she was in a row 1.5 :D

I've fixed his sprite, just wanted to point this out because you guys are working with sprites right now.

--- End quote ---
I made that one and it was 100% intended so his body will be at the center of the image, because otherwise arrows and spells was hitting empty space next to him (it was looking ridiculous). I've created all sprites to be like that, with empty space on sides and above if needed.
Are you really sure about this?

Xela:

--- Quote from: CherryWood on January 25, 2015, 08:13:47 AM ---I made that one and it was 100% intended so his body will be at the center of the image, because otherwise arrows and spells was hitting empty space next to him (it was looking ridiculous). I've created all sprites to be like that, with empty space on sides and above if needed.
Are you really sure about this?

--- End quote ---

Lets wait until I reconstruct the arrow spell for the new BE then. But we should more intuitive targeting now. I need to check this for myself.

EDIT: But just for the record, I do not believe that it's ever a good design to create offsets with images instead of code...

DarkTl:
Well, it's not a problem to fix something in sprites, would take 5-10 mins, unlike our current retagging.

Naruto was one of the first packs, so it's been like two years ago  :)

MuteDay:
1) 'ss': 'bs hug', should be 'bc hug'
2) do you mind explaining the group tags because i dont quite understand them

DarkTl:
I have a guide here, I think it covers all questions, at least theoretical ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version