PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Jobs/Businesses/Wages/Tips/Clients Conceptual Discussion.

<< < (3/7) > >>

DarkTl:
I'm not sure I understand the meaning of Economy mod.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 05, 2015, 11:07:08 AM ---I'm not sure I understand the meaning of Economy mod.

--- End quote ---

As I've explained above, this is a way I've been thinking about for a while now to influence income/expenses in gameplay. It would have a general modifier:

0.5 Recession.
1.0 Normal.
1.5 Strong economy.

Beside that, it can logically track how many businesses of any type there currently are in the city and how many employees (also logically, without actual simulation). We can control demand/supply with it, also I've been dreaming of adding a daily newspaper (automatically generated, obviously just one or two pages) to the game but besides arena, there is not much going on. Especially before we add politics and general gameplay.

This can be a really decent addon, prolly not too hard to code or keep track of. Even if it proves too clumsy or too complicated, we can add some modifiers there to be used in difficulty settings.

I have a dozen of other decent ideas for Economy module but there is no way in hell we can get it done for the next release.

DarkTl:
Aah. I thought you mean something like inflation, when gold slowly devalues, leading to changes in prices everywhere  :)

Xela:
In distant future, this is too complex of a concept for a take-off for a module.

darkfire681:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 04, 2015, 10:09:05 AM ---It's the only reasonable way to show skills it gui, I suppose. If we hide them altogether, we remove the sense of progression. If we show raw numbers, we create information overload and make skills too obvious.

When we compare skill level to the highest skill in the game world, we cannot predict the outcome in the long run. Will skills become more or less valuable as time passes, and how fast? What if the character with the highest skill dies and all skills suddenly become more valuable over one night?

--- End quote ---

You could just do a combination. Rather than raw numbers just give a percentage with a progress bar that way you can actively keep track of how far along a skill is with out needing to guess on how far off you are from leveling. Some people might try and use the percentage to see how much exp they get per use, but that's their problem. Everyone else can just glance at the percentage and go "oh 45% i still have a ways to go"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version