PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Jobs/Businesses/Wages/Tips/Clients Conceptual Discussion.

<< < (6/7) > >>

DarkTl:
No, I don't even mean wages themselves. I mean algorithms behind jobs.

All customer based jobs could be made quite complicated by generating many different customers and running checks for every one of them, that includes waitresses, strippers, guards, etc. In that regard cleaners seem too plain and simple if they just going to reduce dirt value based on some formula.

For instance, they just as other workers could be limited by AP/agility in terms of how many rooms one can clean per turn, no matter how good she is in cleaning. Meaning the general dirt level should be divided between all rooms.
We probably could even make a separate dirt level for every room, but it probably goes too far to micromanagement.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 10, 2016, 01:05:26 PM ---All customer based jobs could be made quite complicated by generating many different customers and running checks for every one of them, that includes waitresses, strippers, guards, etc. In that regard cleaners seem too plain and simple if they just going to reduce dirt value based on some formula.

For instance, they just as other workers could be limited by AP/agility in terms of how many rooms one can clean per turn, no matter how good she is in cleaning. Meaning the general dirt level should be divided between all rooms.
We probably could even make a separate dirt level for every room, but it probably goes too far to micromanagement.

--- End quote ---

It's not related to wages.

I have already coded in "AP ==> Job Points" conversion for cleaning job, it'll be the first, maybe we'll use that in the future for other jobs as well.

We cannot think in terms of rooms there as well (not all businesses have them)... I am not 100% how to handle dirt for new building system yet, it'll prolly have to be difficulty based. For "area", plan is to use "slots" system we have now (only slots in use will be counted).

DarkTl:
I have some ideas about dirt though.

1) The difficulty of cleaning depends on current dirt level, and it is parabola, roughly. I mean, when the room is full of sh*t (1000), you obviously have to spend a lot of time and resources to clean it. When there is simply some dirt (500), you can rather easily remove it. And when the room is almost clean (close to 0-100), it's very hard to make it even cleaner.
Thus dirt 100-200 should be pretty normal when you don't have pro maids, since low level cleaners unable to clean stuff perfectly, at least fast enough.

2) Inability to run business should be one of worst possible, but not the only one effect of dirt. For example,
200: lower chance for clients to give tips and increase fame and reputation
300: the chance for workers of getting sick
400: clients not just don't increase fame and reputation, but occasionally decrease it
500: more poor clients, less rich ones
600: characters with some traits refuse to work
700: less clients in general
800: free characters begin to leave your business
900: inability to run business

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 10, 2016, 02:05:28 PM ---1) The difficulty of cleaning depends on current dirt level, and it is parabola, roughly. I mean, when the room is full of sh*t (1000), you obviously have to spend a lot of time and resources to clean it. When there is simply some dirt (500), you can rather easily remove it. And when the room is almost clean (close to 0-100), it's very hard to make it even cleaner.
Thus dirt 100-200 should be pretty normal when you don't have pro maids, since low level cleaners unable to clean stuff perfectly, at least fast enough.

--- End quote ---

Sounds complicated... and a lot of work for a minor thing (unless we want to make dirt a big thing). We can add a function for this but I am not sure that the idea is sound.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 10, 2016, 02:05:28 PM ---2) Inability to run business should be one of worst possible, but not the only one effect of dirt. For example,
200: lower chance for clients to give tips and increase fame and reputation
300: the chance for workers of getting sick
400: clients not just don't increase fame and reputation, but occasionally decrease it
500: more poor clients, less rich ones
600: characters with some traits refuse to work
700: less clients in general
800: free characters begin to leave your business
900: inability to run business

--- End quote ---

We need more job events :)

@300: Sick ==> Should be much higher up the ladder.
@500: Why more poor clients? I understand richer client leaving but why would dirt attract more poor clients?
@700: We handle clients on case per case basis so we'll just turn them around when they enter the business.
@800: Not an option, this is completely out of sync with game mechanics, we can lower disposition/joy which will increase chances of the char leaving your service but just walking out because the business got dirty is not a good option.

We need to be careful with Job events as well, since we are planning to allow large businesses with a lot of workers and clients, too many checks may slow sh!t down.

We'll also need a system for this, lets do basic jobs first, I'll think about how we can add events there later.

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on April 10, 2016, 02:25:08 PM ---Sounds complicated... and a lot of work for a minor thing (unless we want to make dirt a big thing). We can add a function for this but I am not sure that the idea is sound.

--- End quote ---
Adding a parabolic function to formula is not a big deal. The idea is that vip clients, apart from other things, would require close to 0 dirt, which will be unavailable without pro cleaners. Making high cleaners very important.

--- Quote from: Xela on April 10, 2016, 02:25:08 PM ---@300: Sick ==> Should be much higher up the ladder.
--- End quote ---
Well, in reality all those things should be chance based. I just roughly estimated base dirt value.

--- Quote from: Xela on April 10, 2016, 02:25:08 PM ---@500: Why more poor clients? I understand richer client leaving but why would dirt attract more poor clients?
--- End quote ---
If we reduce the number of rich ones, but not the number of clients in general, naturally we will have more poor ones  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version