PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Jobs/Businesses/Wages/Tips/Clients Conceptual Discussion.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Xela:
That's definitely a possibility, I am not sure about it though.

DarkTl:
It's the only reasonable way to show skills it gui, I suppose. If we hide them altogether, we remove the sense of progression. If we show raw numbers, we create information overload and make skills too obvious.

When we compare skill level to the highest skill in the game world, we cannot predict the outcome in the long run. Will skills become more or less valuable as time passes, and how fast? What if the character with the highest skill dies and all skills suddenly become more valuable over one night?

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 04, 2015, 10:09:05 AM ---It's the only reasonable way to show skills it gui, I suppose. If we hide them altogether, we remove the sense of progression. If we show raw numbers, we create information overload and make skills too obvious.

When we compare skill level to the highest skill in the game world, we cannot predict the outcome in the long run. Will skills become more or less valuable as time passes, and how fast? What if the character with the highest skill dies and all skills suddenly become more valuable over one night?

--- End quote ---

I've said: Mean of the 10 highest. Also yeah, when masters die, there will be demand for new masters, I don't think that it's too much of a stretch.

DarkTl:
It still means that instead of hiring the best ones you can kill them and make your own weak girls better because of it. Are you ok with it?  :)

Xela:
That would not be very easy to do as figuring out who are the 10 may take month (if not years of interacting with characters and there is no guarantee that those chars can be found at all) and you cannot exactly go around murdering people. Also I don't want to calculate it every time skills is accessed, just once every x amount of days so if the skills suddenly changes, we can have it go in that direction slowly.

I am not sure how to handle this... thing like these are becoming clearer when testing/playing the game. There are many good options here and just as many bad options. We need to find one that is intuitive, interesting and easy to work with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version