PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Simulated Exploration

<< < (3/6) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 01:08:34 PM ---- Inventory may be limited in SE, making inventory management super important. The more potions you take, the less items you can bring, unless the team used or dropped them. Also prevents taking 1000 full restoring potions which would make SE a cakewalk most of the time.

--- End quote ---

Always hated capacity crap of any kind...

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 01:08:34 PM ---- The max duration of expedition may be based on amount of provisions. Meaning the longer the expedition, the more money it costs. But also meaning you can increase the duration if you willing to spend more money.

--- End quote ---

Yeap, that we can do post beta I think. I was also thinking about expeditions to other lands, over seas and etc.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 01:08:34 PM ---- Every team has a leader which makes decisions, probably based on stats and MPTraits. In case of her death team only can return back to the base.

--- End quote ---

Teams always have leaders (first one in is the leader).

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on April 25, 2016, 01:17:58 PM ---Always hated capacity crap of any kind...

--- End quote ---
That doesn't really solve the issue with taking 1000 full healing potions.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 02:05:28 PM ---That doesn't really solve the issue with taking 1000 full healing potions.

--- End quote ---

I do not see an issue, having 1 000 000 potions does not ensure a victory in BE. It is very costly and if balanced correctly, it will plainly cost more than the rewards received from the area if characters are not up to scratch.

If you're concerned about this, we could merge this into idea where we introduce "provisions" concept that will have finite capacity but I don't want it to extend to carrying stuff, that would just be yet another balancing cluster fuck we'll have to worry about.

Xela:
Ghm... what about events (of any sort)? What goes where?

My thoughts atm:

- ND Building/Business report: General business info, teams exploring, teams back from exploration, workers idle, workers resting and so on...
- Job Report upon return: Every little detail of what has happened.
- Guild GUI: ???
*This one is a bit confusing... we obviously want all combat + battle reports here. All special events? All encounters and char/rchar capture events... what else?
- Main/Sub Area info: Items/Mobs/Counters and all of that crap.

=====>>>
Man... this is a lot of code/logic/tracking :D

DarkTl:
Wait. I already have a universal countermeasure, all potions can have a cooldown. In fact those for restoring vitality already have it, because it was too easy to use them instead of rest. Even if it's one day, you already cannot spam potions all the time.
Battle reports should be separated from others, since they are not very important as long as you won. In my example you actually should select a fight to show its log.

We don't show what kind of items you can find in SE areas, it's too easy. Just mobs, probably their levels.

We probably should show only basic things about SE at the next day screen, ie a team is in trouble (rescue needed), died or returned. Other stuff could be inside the guild.

Events in the game I used as example are happen in real time, SE there is a side minigame, exploration goes parallel to the main gameplay. Meaning there is no difference between report upon return and events log, the game just adds events to the log as they happen, and stops doing it when exploration is finished. The log remains until team begins a new adventure.
Even though we don't use real time, it changes nothing for this concept.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version