PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Simulated Exploration

<< < (2/6) > >>

DarkTl:
Hm. Limits of item prices seem reasonable.

As for gold, most gold probably should come from events, like finding chests and caches. And these events will have their own limits, I suppose.

Another way is by beating intelligent enemies, like some humanoid mobs and other teams. I think we could add drop_gold field to some mobs indicating range of gold they can drop when defeated in SE (not arena).

DarkTl:
- Bestiary should be tied to SE to reveal encountered mobs. Possibly show how many mobs of every type were killed in total.

- Enforced camping for days if health/vitality is close to 0 without restoration items.

- Rescue teams to help a team in need, or collect loot and items remained after team was killed.

Should be enough suggestions for beta  :)

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 05:28:35 AM ---As for gold, most gold probably should come from events, like finding chests and caches. And these events will have their own limits, I suppose.

--- End quote ---

Maybe... not sure about this one, feels like there should be a generic gold method that is always working and events on top of that, would have been my first instinct anyway.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 05:28:35 AM ---Another way is by beating intelligent enemies, like some humanoid mobs and other teams. I think we could add drop_gold field to some mobs indicating range of gold they can drop when defeated in SE (not arena).

--- End quote ---

Maybe a difficulty scale from 1 to 10... and everything else calculated from there. I fear that this will become into unmanageable, impossible to balance sh!tstorm otherwise, although maybe I am just tired, tis been a long day + I am still planning to write some code tonight.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 08:09:26 AM ---- Bestiary should be tied to SE to reveal encountered mobs. Possibly show how many mobs of every type were killed in total.

- Enforced camping for days if health/vitality is close to 0 without restoration items.

- Rescue teams to help a team in need, or collect loot and items remained after team was killed.

Should be enough suggestions for beta  :)

--- End quote ---

- Counter is a decent idea but unlocking info on defeat by none MC... 50/50 about this one.

- We'll see, there are other decent ways to do this.

- I love the rescue team idea...

===>>
We can lay out stuff that is not meant for beta as well I guess, so we take that into account.

I am heavily leaning towards adjusting jobs/simpy system to enable running tests and give out rewards in real time instead of when the final report is built. It makes more sense but will also require good deal of extra code.

DarkTl:
- Inventory may be limited in SE, making inventory management super important. The more potions you take, the less items you can bring, unless the team used or dropped them. Also prevents taking 1000 full restoring potions which would make SE a cakewalk most of the time.
- The max duration of expedition may be based on amount of provisions. Meaning the longer the expedition, the more money it costs. But also meaning you can increase the duration if you willing to spend more money.
- Every team has a leader which makes decisions, probably based on stats and MPTraits. In case of her death team only can return back to the base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version