devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 480562 times)

Offline drake

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
I have a question about the mechanics.  I get tired of the girls always refusing to work, so I scold them to minimize their rebelliousness.  It seems like you have this set up to reduce their effectiveness at several jobs since some use spirit and confidence which are decreased by scolding.  This is an issue since spirit adds a lot to rebelliosuness and there seems to be no way to improve confidence, and high rebelliousness means they often don't do their jobs.  It seems to be a choice between girls that don't do their jobs, or girls that will do them, but stink at them.  Maybe you just haven't gotten to that part yet, but it does seem to be an issue, especially with non-slave girls who rebel MUCH more often, and cost more in upkeep, even if they don't do their job.  Also, a quick question, does accomodation level still have an effect?  In the old code it dramatically increased happiness, which was translated at the end of the turn into +love, -hate and i think +obedience.

EDIT: oh yeah, what does capturing monsters do?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:23:59 PM by drake »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
I'm not able to recreate the one hit kill in the dungeon problem at all. What are the exact steps you guys are doing to cause a girl to die in 1 torture?
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »
There's not really any steps...I've tried it with free girls I sent to the dungeon, slaves I sent to the dungeon, slaves I branded in the dungeon, girls that got sent there from the street, monster girls, everything. It always happens.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
There's not really any steps...I've tried it with free girls I sent to the dungeon, slaves I sent to the dungeon, slaves I branded in the dungeon, girls that got sent there from the street, monster girls, everything. It always happens.
I have the same issue. I use 800x600 version, if it helps.

Offline Oulee

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Oh! I have the die on torture bug also. And I'm on the 800 x 600 may be that's the problem :s

Offline RyRain

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
I'm using the 1280 x 600, so if it's something different between the versions it's in more than one. I'll dl some of the others and try it.

Offline Geron

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »
If I may suggest, for Random Girls to random a profile pic and then stick with it forever...  I know Anon21 actually made that happen in his mod.

Would love it if you put that feature in if you can.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Don't bother checking other resolutions, that won't fix it.

Does this work properly for those of you with bugged torture? y/n

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4p8c29d8l2b6gr
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Chee42

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
Couple bugs I've run into:

First advertisement level doesn't seem to save at all.  Starting up the game again after saving and quitting resets advertisement level to 0.

Second it seems sometimes when a girl is set to free time after being injured (and/or possibly high tired rating) after a week passes the girl can get an increase in tired rating instead of a decrease (after two shifts of free time).  This might have something to do with the "This girl is very injured, let her rest" message (just a theory)

And a suggestion, it would be nice to have more transparency (preferably in game) about advertisement level's changing.  Girls set to advertising list a percentage that they increase your advertising, the main screen shows a number 0-??? for what your advertisement level is and it's unclear what makes it go up and down exactly.

Offline Oulee

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »

FIXED! thanks

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »

Yes.

Offline stauffi

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
Thanks for your work. I am enjoying your mod. Do you plan to add the movie making jobs from very old pre 1.30 WM releases? I'd also love if you would eventually add an Arena with Gladiatrix jobs.
It might be even useful for longterm goals, you could add a reputation system where you gain reputation if your gladiatrixes win contests and you may only buy further brothels with enough reputation (instead of the old businesses owned system).  It would also be a good money drain, you have to train your gladiatrixes and pay entrance fees for tournaments.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »
odd... one night my fame brings in 63 extra customers and the next night my fame brings in 3

fame seems to be moving in a cycle

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2011, 12:09:09 AM »
Releasing this since it addresses a bug I was supposed to have fixed.

800x600
1280x768
1280x800
1280x1024
1600x1200

Change: torture unbugged

The next update is set for the 28th as scheduled.

I'll address other comments later.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »

You sir, and brilliant. :) Thanks for the hard work.