devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 479501 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Addressing stuff

Showing how many customer a girl can handle in a specific job, and show how many customer are expected for this job.
I might add that somewhere down the line. It's a static number based on stats, so a girl's maximum number of customers is easy to implement, but would be inaccurate for whoring because of the fetish system.

Game crashes due to lack of a random normal or catacomb girl.

It's a problem since regular whore master. I'll look at it, but for now just make sure you have at least 1 catacomb girl and 1 normal girl out of the random girl lists. I split the random girl lists into those categories.

Just a little suggestion: caught beasts may help girls guard the brothel with properly beastmaster.

Beast masters, oh god! It's a consideration for a future release of EX.

Oh! And the Mission should be revamped a bit. Having as a first mission to get the second brothel is just too far as an objective to be interesting.
The objectives should increase (as their reward) depending of how much girl/gold you got. And having a deadline, is a nice touch.

The objectives system was something I was considering just disabling completely. It's not important to fulfill any objectives and the only reason that system exists is to make the game feel slightly less like an endless sandbox game. If an objective is too hard, I say /shrug. (no malice intended)

-about Torture : options to do more lets say "nice" torture are a good idea but please don't remove the physical torture . At the end it's just a game.

For the record, anything I'll do with torture other than bug fixes won't be in this version as an update. It'll have to wait for a full new version, which is not soon.

Same goes for interactions other than making the pics work.

it would be fantastic if daughters wouldn't created from rdgirls pool.

That's really not a bad idea, but it conflicts with my future plans for the game somewhat.

Another small improvement could be a list of your daughters/sons that are "growing up". A possible location for this list could be in your home, accesible through the "Visit Town".

What would you want to see? Just a list of how long until they reach maturity?

(beast sex) I miss this too. Not because I am great fan of such pics but because some girls have huge amount of HQ beast pics and short of it in other categories. So if I like this girl I need to rename some of beast pics to sex or smth... Could it be configured in settings file or brothel settings?

Beast sex is not supported in EX in any way. If you really want it to show up during sex, you'll have to switch the image names in your regular whore master pics on your own.

With Construct Trait girl never get their Tiredness up . The trait is supposed to work on health but it also work on Tiredness , and the girl are useless : never getting tiredness go down on item nor free time.

I have no idea, I don't remember, will look at it, but I think it was intentional if it works that way. I seriously don't remember, lol.

Crash when one girl with low moral/health/energy is set to 'free time' for day work. It seems to have something to do with girl wanting to buy drug.
(As addicted girls seems to make the game crash more often on their free time.)

Thanks for mentioning this. I will look into it as soon as I can, but I've got a lot of my list of things to do already.

I don't remember where, but I saw a mod that allowed png pictures to be shown... maybe in the next update...?

Is that in Anon21's mod? I'll add support for pngs if it's easy to add. I haven't looked into it. I keep forgetting the game doesn't even support pngs (right? lol)

First advertisement level doesn't seem to save at all.  Starting up the game again after saving and quitting resets advertisement level to 0.

It resets daily, so you're only looking at yesterday's value. It should probably save, but this doesn't impact your advertising in-game.

Second it seems sometimes when a girl is set to free time after being injured (and/or possibly high tired rating) after a week passes the girl can get an increase in tired rating instead of a decrease (after two shifts of free time).  This might have something to do with the "This girl is very injured, let her rest" message (just a theory)

I'll put it on the list of things to check. Might be a bit before I get around to it. Can you make this happen with any girl or only specific ones?

And a suggestion, it would be nice to have more transparency (preferably in game) about advertisement level's changing.  Girls set to advertising list a percentage that they increase your advertising, the main screen shows a number 0-??? for what your advertisement level is and it's unclear what makes it go up and down exactly.

It has a lot of factors. I know, I know, that is the opposite of transparent. I might go into it later.

Do you plan to add the movie making jobs from very old pre 1.30 WM releases? I'd also love if you would eventually add an Arena with Gladiatrix jobs.
It might be even useful for longterm goals, you could add a reputation system where you gain reputation if your gladiatrixes win contests and you may only buy further brothels with enough reputation (instead of the old businesses owned system).  It would also be a good money drain, you have to train your gladiatrixes and pay entrance fees for tournaments.

I have possible plans, but they are subject to change. Nothing related to arena or movie making will happen any time soon.

odd... one night my fame brings in 63 extra customers and the next night my fame brings in 3

It's a known bug at this point. Kenki has been feeding me info on the cause. The reason it's doing that is because of the way c++ handles integers. There was no cap defined on fame, so once it passes 255, it resets to 0. This will be fixed in the next release.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »
I have a question about the mechanics.  I get tired of the girls always refusing to work, so I scold them to minimize their rebelliousness.  It seems like you have this set up to reduce their effectiveness at several jobs since some use spirit and confidence which are decreased by scolding.  This is an issue since spirit adds a lot to rebelliosuness and there seems to be no way to improve confidence, and high rebelliousness means they often don't do their jobs.  It seems to be a choice between girls that don't do their jobs, or girls that will do them, but stink at them.  Maybe you just haven't gotten to that part yet, but it does seem to be an issue, especially with non-slave girls who rebel MUCH more often, and cost more in upkeep, even if they don't do their job.  Also, a quick question, does accomodation level still have an effect?  In the old code it dramatically increased happiness, which was translated at the end of the turn into +love, -hate and i think +obedience.

EDIT: oh yeah, what does capturing monsters do?

There is a counterbalance to spirit: love. Accommodation affects love/hate/happiness. Hmm...that's misspelled in the game.

You guys who torture and make everyone slaves probably are at a disadvantage with jobs that need a lot of spirit, but this is a lot less of an issue for girls who love you. Love is actually rather easy to accumulate, probably too easy if you don't abuse your girls.

Capturing monsters is just a feature I left in because it may be used later, but for now it does nothing.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline drake

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »
There is a counterbalance to spirit: love. Accommodation affects love/hate/happiness. Hmm...that's misspelled in the game.

You guys who torture and make everyone slaves probably are at a disadvantage with jobs that need a lot of spirit, but this is a lot less of an issue for girls who love you. Love is actually rather easy to accumulate, probably too easy if you don't abuse your girls.

Capturing monsters is just a feature I left in because it may be used later, but for now it does nothing.

I was just wondering because I will typically have 1/3 to half of girls refusing to work, which combined with the 60% house cut makes breaking even extremely difficult.  By enslaving them, you get 100%, about double, plus much lower upkeep and fewer refusals. 
I actually was using scold rather than torture.  Strap on a leash and slave rags to get a lower spirit (the lower the spirit, the better scold works) then scold to obedience, then remove leash and rags.  Maybe an interaction option later to rebuild their confidence and/or spirit back up later?  Actually makes some sense as most discipline programs (whether military, martial arts, culty, or downright creepy) work by tearing down the persons will and then rebuilding it into a more disciplined form.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »
Drake, perhaps a workaround is to create items that raise spirit/confidence? Or does that just bolster their non-work ways? I think what THEFUTURE says is true, love does counterbalance those stats (or just spirit) as I did have high rebellious girls who, with a high love rating, worked consistently with a 100% house cut (non-slave). I have girls who do refuse work, more then in the original, but once that love hits peak it no longer happens.

THEFUTURE:

Possible Bugs

I have a possible typo. In the Gang Management screen, on the top right, the title "available missions", is spelled "RAvailable Missions". I also noticed (probably an old issue) that when you change the job a gang is doing, the top "Weekly Cost" switches over to "Daily Cost". It's definitely calculated at a Weekly rate, but the title just  changes to something incorrect.

I just had a strange interaction in the dungeons. I had a random girl given as payment from extortion, and when I went to ask for anal, I got the option menu for blowjobs, picked an option, and still got the dialogue for anal sex afterwards. I did it a few times to be sure and the odd behavior was occurring consistently no matter which of the two blowjob types I pick. It also appears only in the dungeon, the anal and oral sex options in the brothel screen works per usual. On another girl given the same way, I tried oral sex, it stuttered and used up that option, without any description boxes showing. Immediately after that when I released her from the dungeon to fire her, the menu that popped up had these options. Fire, Keep, Scold, Ask, Force.

Instead of the normal two. Curiously, I clicked on ask, but again it just stuttered and returned back the the girl management screen. I tried to fire her again, and got the normal two option menu.

Q and A?:

On the UI: Would you consider adding a pregnancy column in the Girl Management screen? When you have so many girls to manage for a fully operational brothel, and then add in multiple brothels, and then add in you might forget who's who and what when you don't play that playthrough for a while, it can get a bit hectic tracking everything lol. It's not necessary per se, just a useful touch. Maybe you've got plans for that UI real estate though?

On pregnancy: You've stated you haven't touched that part of the game yet. Could you enlighten us on those (and other) future plans, if you feel like divulging (keeping them as a surprise is cool too though!). Is it possible via the config or other means to increase the difficulty of birth and the possible negative side effects? Perhaps as a future development, you could tie in the way young girls develop the great figure trait (and how traits seem to develop in general with your mod) into pregnancy? For example, girls having a chance losing their great figures, small breasted girls gaining larger breasts ect. Maybe you've already considered this in your future development. I'm looking forward to any changes on this part of the game!

On Gangs: Fairly sure you're stripping them out/changing them. But someone mentioned a fairly interesting 'Status" box for pregnancy tracking. A rival gang "Tracking" box would make killing off those super strong ones easier. Probably not worth doing unless it's an easy job (possibly just port over most of the UI work from that proposed pregnancy screen, if it goes ahead). Maybe put the pregnancy screen in the "Brothel Management" section.

When you state you aren't touching interactions (except pic/interaction display) does that also rule out adding stat changes from personal interaction ("ask/force")? I'm unsure on your plans (if any) for this, so to be sure, you're ruling out changing its current form via weekly update? (next large version release then, maybe) Sorry about raising it again, I was fairly sure you just answered that, but I had thought previously you had agreed with those raising the same question that it should be fully added back in, but then stripped it completely out. I'm not advocating any position, just confused lol.

Thanks for reading, I don't mean to be irritating, and I understand this mod has a long dev timeframe, and as you've stated, will include what you want to see in the game. That's totally fair as you're the one developing this mod!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:33:10 AM by trex »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2011, 04:31:27 AM »
I'm going to keep it that if you break a girl's spirit, it's very difficult to bring it back up. It should still be possible to eventually get their spirit back up by either pursuing traits or by gradually getting it back through leveling up (to a max of 20). Or did I disable that? Hm....

The system in EX probably does need new items, though, since EX reversed some traits from being 100% bad to being both bad and good. If I continue developing the game, you will find this is my design preference. Everything should have advantages and disadvantages.

I have a possible typo. In the Gang Management screen, on the top right, the title "available missions", is spelled "RAvailable Missions". I also noticed (probably an old issue) that when you change the job a gang is doing, the top "Weekly Cost" switches over to "Daily Cost". It's definitely calculated at a Weekly rate, but the title just  changes to something incorrect.

I just had a strange interaction in the dungeons. I had a random girl given as payment from extortion, and when I went to ask for anal, I got the option menu for blowjobs, picked an option, and still got the dialogue for anal sex afterwards. I did it a few times to be sure and the odd behavior was occurring consistently no matter which of the two blowjob types I pick. It also appears only in the dungeon, the anal and oral sex options in the brothel screen works per usual. On another girl given the same way, I tried oral sex, it stuttered and used up that option, without any description boxes showing. Immediately after that when I released her from the dungeon to fire her, the menu that popped up had these options. Fire, Keep, Scold, Ask, Force.

Instead of the normal two. Curiously, I clicked on ask, but again it just stuttered and returned back the the girl management screen. I tried to fire her again, and got the normal two option menu.

Noted. I took a sledgehammer to the script files for interactions when I should have done it more carefully. Will try to remember to fix it in the next release. Interaction pics look like a go in the next release as well thanks to dqhx.

On pregnancy: You've stated you haven't touched that part of the game yet. Could you enlighten us on those (and other) future plans, if you feel like divulging (keeping them as a surprise is cool too though!). Is it possible via the config or other means to increase the difficulty of birth and the possible negative side effects? Perhaps as a future development, you could tie in the way young girls develop the great figure trait (and how traits seem to develop in general with your mod) into pregnancy? For example, girls having a chance losing their great figures, small breasted girls gaining larger breasts ect. Maybe you've already considered this in your future development. I'm looking forward to any changes on this part of the game!

I haven't really noticed any negative effects for having a pregnant chick work in any jobs, but I didn't check any of it. Making pregnancy more of a problem is definitely on the table. I dislike crippling girls with nasty side effects in general, though. Like dismemberment as an extreme example = hell no. Not that you'd see dismemberment through pregnancy unless you're a certain character from (spoiler omitted) THAT ONE ANIME. Hm., as a consideration, I could make it so adding MILF has a % chance to remove great figure. It's also true, women get bigger breasts during and even after pregnancy. And of course lactation. Well, we shall see.

On Gangs: Fairly sure you're stripping them out/changing them. But someone mentioned a fairly interesting 'Status" box for pregnancy tracking. A rival gang "Tracking" box would make killing off those super strong ones easier. Probably not worth doing unless it's an easy job (possibly just port over most of the UI work from that proposed pregnancy screen, if it goes ahead). Maybe put the pregnancy screen in the "Brothel Management" section.

Not completely sure I follow. Well, one thing is for sure, you can actually track how likely you are to get attacked by looking at the gang screen. You'll notice after an attack that the gangs in that screen are injured. Correlation! If there's a lot there and they aren't injured, get ready for some assaults.

When you state you aren't touching interactions (except pic/interaction display) does that also rule out adding stat changes from personal interaction ("ask/force")? I'm unsure on your plans (if any) for this, so to be sure, you're ruling out changing its current form via weekly update? (next large version release then, maybe) Sorry about raising it again, I was fairly sure you just answered that, but I had thought previously you had agreed with those raising the same question that it should be fully added back in, but then stripped it completely out. I'm not advocating any position, just confused lol.

Thanks for reading, I don't mean to be irritating, and I understand this mod has a long dev timeframe, and as you've stated, will include what you want to see in the game. That's totally fair as you're the one developing this mod!

Support for interactions in EX is nothing but an afterthought in response to people requesting that it work. Skill and stat changes in all aspects of the game are heavily restricted and will remain that way, but a player can mod scripts and item packs if they so choose. Until I disable it in the source, ahahahaha.

There is nothing concrete in store for any actual content releases. I know what I want to do, but I don't know what can be implemented reasonably. I don't even know c++ and am learning it as I go, so for example scripting is a significant problem because it was never fully implemented in the first place. The purpose of discussing stuff about future content releases is precisely to hear what other people have for ideas.

edit:
RE:
-With Construct Trait girl never get their Tiredness up . The trait is supposed to work on health but it also work on Tiredness , and the girl are useless : never getting tiredness go down on item nor free time. (I have no idea, I don't remember, will look at it)

Tested this on KOS-MOS, she did get tired.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:16:47 AM by THE FUTURE »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »
Probable bug report.
I have Kos-Mos on guard duty with A security rating. Looks like security level rising without a stop until it reach 500. Or it should decrease only after someone attack, and she just doing her work too well?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:40:34 AM by DarkTl »

Offline ertl

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2011, 09:33:25 AM »
THE FUTURE, about the list of daughters and sons I asked. My point is that you can't track your offspring while they're growing up. A simple list like this:

DESCENDANT - TURNS UNTIL "RELEASE"
Daughter -  5

I don't know when the game puts a name to your children, or when the actual character is created, but I think that a list showing you when you can expect a child to become a full character would be informative, even if you don't know shit about the character. That's better than having nothing. :)

And btw, thanks for the work. :)

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
Yeah, KOS-MOS is one of the best at security. Security goes up to 500, but if a gang attacks you can lose over 100 in one go.

Thanks for the clarification, ertl

Rebalances in the next update - I'm going to shift how the sex traits are learned, and more importantly make the whore jobs a lot more forgiving of bad stats. So, if you thought the whore jobs were poorly rebalanced, you might like the upcoming release on or around the 28th.

Offline alisaneko

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
If I may be so bold as to ask, if you get the time I would love the following girls packs(or just the balanced file I can probably find the pictures if I need to)

Kusajishi, Yachiru (bleach)
Izumi, Konata (lucky*star)
Alcott, Cecilia (infinite stratos)
Bodewig, Laura (infinite stratos)
Huang, Ling Yin (infinite stratos)
Shinonono, Houki (infinite stratos)
Firianno Biscotti, Millhiore (dog days)
Galette des Rois, Leonmitchelli (dog days)

I understand if you don't have the time or desire to do these thanks for considering it :)

Alisa~

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
I thing that the brothel maximum capacity sould be increased, or even removed.
I've got exactly ONE girl for each job, and I get a message saying that not all the customers could fit and some girls can't even work...
BTW, I have the same problem even with the las brothel and 200 rooms.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
have you tried altering the limits set in the config file? it will allow you to have more space if you haven't

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
Only 100 customers can be serviced per building and only 200 girls is the maximum for a building. These 2 factors are unrelated. Adding more room in the brothel won't increase the number of customers. You shouldn't need anywhere near 200 girls to service 100 customers, so everything past that is wasteful. You can still get customers through Whore on Streets, or you can Explore Catacombs. Maybe a few other things like have more security girls.

This is practically the only reason to move on and fill up new brothels. Or did you fill up all 6?

If I may be so bold as to ask, if you get the time I would love the following girls packs(or just the balanced file I can probably find the pictures if I need to)
I understand if you don't have the time or desire to do these thanks for considering it :)

My hands are tied at this point. I have maybe 1000 or more girls to work out on top of getting support for other resolutions and bugs. I have an overcomplicated system for how I handle which girls get released (an imperfect combination of quality + quantity), so I don't really control what gets released even though I technically do.

I saw Cecilia Alcott up near the top of the list, but I haven't gotten her through the cutdown phase. She _might_ be out in the next couple of releases if her pack has good quality pics in it, and IIRC it does.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:58:34 AM by THE FUTURE »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2011, 06:42:15 AM »
Looks like dungeon traits are permanent now. Thanks for fixing that, it was really annoying.
I have a question. Do you planning to make any more changes in girls pics and files format? So, basicly, can we start to make our own girls packs for wm ex, or it would be better for us to wait for now?

And some new little suggestions.
First of all, it's kinda strange that security girls are never interfere when any girl trying to escape.

Secondly, as far as I can tell, for now accomodation level has influence on tiredness only. It also can reduce (or increase) chance of escape. Since some works depends on spirit and confidence now, I think we need more ways to keep girls with high rebelliousness.

And at last, in some version of wm (can't remember wich one, perhaps official) in Turn Summary page at dungeon category there're was bdsm girl's pics.
Can you please do the same in wm ex? I think they are more fitting than profile pics  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:56:33 AM by DarkTl »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2011, 07:32:13 AM »
I may change the way Preg pics are handled (throw them into their own subfolder), but other than that, no changes for at least a few months. Yes, there will be changes eventually.

EX doesn't handle preg pics well at all. If I make the change, it will be like
no preg pics are
\Profile (1)
\Sex (1)
etc
preg pics currently are
\Preg1
\PregSex1
etc
preg pics MIGHT get changed to
\preg\Profile (1)
\preg\Sex (1)
etc

As of right now, no changes are planned to make more actual pic types, so you're safe on that. No plans for future releases, either.

So if you're concerned about making packs for EX, I would say the only at-risk pic types are the pregnant ones. I would link to whatever post or topic people make where they post their packs if they are designed specifically for EX.

>First of all, it's kinda strange that security girls are never interfere when any girl trying to escape.

Security should be blocking escapes if you send them to the dungeon, take their gold, try to torture, etc., but you're right that they should handle _all_ types of escape.

>Secondly, as far as I can tell, for now accomodation level has influence on tiredness only. It also can reduce (or increase) chance of escape. Since some works depends on spirit and confidence now, I think we need more ways to keep girls with high rebelliousness.

It should be adding to happiness, and if happiness is full, it goes into love. Love in turn reduces refusal to work but not rebellion. I will add new factors to determine if a girl attempts to run away, possibly on the next update. Hopefully I don't end up where the factors work on my machine but not on anyone else's, lol.

I really doubt anyone here doesn't use a matron, but the matron job doesn't cost much at the beginning of the game and also reduces the chance that all girls will refuse to work. This is a big part of why profits go to hell the moment the matron goes for some R&R.

>And at last, in some version of wm (can't remember wich one, perhaps official) in Turn Summary page at dungeon category there're was bdsm girl's pics.

Accepted.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
Security should be blocking escapes if you send them to the dungeon, take their gold, try to torture, etc., but you're right that they should handle _all_ types of escape.
Well, I don't try to take their gold, and there're was messages in dungeon about "my goons defeat her" (since we don't use gangs to guard brothel anymore, this message probably should be changed), but they always successfully run away so far (if they try to run, of course) when I send them to dungeon. Or it's just my three B-raiting and one A-raiting guards are not powerful enough?