Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 192480 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
HAHA, how'd you get that? ??? its to FIX the mess!!!!

sorting the 30 images into 10 folders.... separated by what type they are

you must have read it wrong  :D

EDIT: Ok to explain it more;
instead of having 30 image in the girls folder (5 profile images 3 anal 4 sex 2 oral 6 bdsm ETC...)

you could make it easyer to handle/sort by adding folders EG;
inside of the girls folder have folder's spliting the difirent images. 1 folder for anal, 1 folder for bdsm, 1 folder for combat, ETC. and inside the folders are the images.

i cant think of any other way to explain it....

I understood you the first time. Pics can be sorted by your OS based on their name, I am not sure that what you suggest will help making packs process any easier. If you are having trouble building or editing girlpacks, you likely do not know all tricks and possibilities of Windows (I assume you're are not using Linux/MacOS).

I have some tricks explained in my thread, otherwise can you tell me what exactly you find inconvenient about system we have now? Maybe I can offer some advice on how to work around those problems.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
its purely an idea for ease of use, when the number of pics gets above...20? it gets a little hectic in the folder yes you can sort by name, but windows sometimes sorts the numbers wrong.

also its easyer to SEE the pics while you are in there, if you set view to diffirent things can help but once again after you get to around 40 pics even in "list" it can get a little confusing when the image name overlaps into the next column.

sorting the images into folders just makes this easier,faster and less confusing.

EDIT: also what types of images can the game use? png? jpg? jpeg?

Offline MrF

« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »
Easiest way to make it have the numbers in the correct order is to shift/ctrl-click everything in a category then batch rename them so they're all numbered in the exact same scheme that windows prefers and recognizes. What confuses it is the different numbering schemes. ( "BDSM (1).jpg through "BDSM (#).jpg" will go before "BDSM#.jpg" iirc)

With multiple folders, tweaking things and moving between categories becomes much more of a chore.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
Easiest way to make it have the numbers in the correct order is to shift/ctrl-click everything in a category then batch rename them so they're all numbered in the exact same scheme that windows prefers and recognizes. What confuses it is the different numbering schemes. ( "BDSM (1).jpg through "BDSM (#).jpg" will go before "BDSM#.jpg" iirc)

With multiple folders, tweaking things and moving between categories becomes much more of a chore.

how so?
i cant see any reason why it makes things harder by having the images split into there designated folders it just clears the view for easyer modifying.

i just finished modifying 2 girls adding 15 images to 1 and 24 to the other. with the first girl i added the 15 images the normal way moving renaming and sorting.this took ~15 minutes. i had 6 errors in the process all renamed wrong. call me an idiot all you want.

i than edited the second girl (the 24 images) by making folders for each image type (Anal, BDSM etc) dragged and dropped batch renamed BAM! done in less than 5 minutes, 0 errors, perfect! also dragged and dropped the images back into the normal folder. if that's not easyer/faster/clearer/smarter than what is?

please do explain HOW THE HELL dose it make it harder? its supost to make it easyer, AND IT DOSE!

Offline Popuri

« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
It's an extra step in the sorting process that's not really needed. I've made and edited many girl packs and never really had an issue with sorting them in the existing system.  One issue with the system you're recommending is that when editing/browsing/tinkering or what have you, you're having to go up and down one directory level every time that you want to access a particular category, as opposed to just being able to look.

As far as these errors you mention when working with the existing system, could you perhaps explain these in greater detail?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
It's an extra step in the sorting process that's not really needed. I've made and edited many girl packs and never really had an issue with sorting them in the existing system.  One issue with the system you're recommending is that when editing/browsing/tinkering or what have you, you're having to go up and down one directory level every time that you want to access a particular category, as opposed to just being able to look.

As far as these errors you mention when working with the existing system, could you perhaps explain these in greater detail?

it may be 1 extra step but you only have to do it once, once its sorted into the folders its as easy as macros... drop the images into there respected folders, go inside press [ctrl] + [A] batch rename them than go back and into the next folder. it may seems easy enough now with 10-20 pictures but when  you hit numbers like 40-50 like i have it harder to go through. i can't explain it enough for you how much easyer and neater it is to do this way.

its like saying we should just remove all of the folders and have all the pictures in the main folder just named like this "girlbdsm1.jpg". COULD YOU IMAGING HOW HARD THAT WOULD BE? sifting through hundreds of pictures?

just drop it i give up, no point in making thing easyer is there? ill just stick to making the folders manualy every time,because its 3x faster than the normal way.

and the "error" was me renaming things wrong EG adding extra numbers or spaces where they are not needed witch is easy to do with that many pictures.

Lastly, could someone PLEASE tell me what type of pictures the game can load? Im getting fed up of having to edit the pictures into .jpg format

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
Yeah, at least making girls packs definitely will be slightly easier. Still, we can live without it, so it's up to Aika.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
Yeah, at least making girls packs definitely will be slightly easier. Still, we can live without it, so it's up to Aika.
FINALLY someone who's not blind  :D

Offline Popuri

« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »
Boo... just because someone disagrees with you does not make them 'blind'.  There's no need to take a condescending tone about this.  I have a different method that works quickly for me and have had issues in the past where going too far with sub-directories slows the process down.  In particular, when I make a pack I set it to a medium-large thumbnail size, scroll down and ctrl+click the images for a particular category.  When I have them all, I right click on one of them and select 'rename' and type in the category.  'Anal', 'BDSM', etc.  Windows will automatically append a number in parenthesis to each file after the category name, which leaves little room for the kind of error you're describing.

As someone who often takes packs others have made and edits them, removing pictures and changing picture sizes, this would be a huge inconvenience for me personally.  I would have to open each folder, select all of the images, then 'resize pictures', as opposed to doing it once to the entire gallery.

Again.  Different...not 'blind'.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:15:45 PM by Popuri »

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
BOOO... too you too i was JOKING. you do it your way ill do it mine as i said iv given up, if you like sifting through things rather than them already being seperated YOUR PROBLEM.  ;)

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
ok after asking twice i gave up and tested myself. the game only loads .jpg and .jpeg, it dose not load .png

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
ok after asking twice i gave up and tested myself. the game only loads .jpg and .jpeg, it dose not load .png

Aika will fix .png, It is fairly easy to do. But stick with .jpg, it is safer :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
Aika will fix .png, It is fairly easy to do. But stick with .jpg, it is safer :)
Yeah stick with .jpg but on the 1st page akia says he has .png support in the newest patch.  On the change to sorting system only change I have planed is the one anon did that allowed you to sort girls by show or game.  Akia may go further with it idk.

Offline Aika

« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2012, 03:08:37 AM »
I'm not dead yet, just had a huge English 102 paper consume my free time for a bit. I'll have the weekend to code a bit, I'll go through and answer questions I haven't been able to get to then (I'm not ignoring anyone, I swear!).

Quick answers to recent questions:

I know what went wrong with loading .pngs, I just haven't uploaded the fix yet. Expect the patch this weekend, and updated source. Remember that you can only have one picture named Profile1, Profile2, BDSM5, or whatever, even if the two pictures are not of the same type. I'm not sure if it would favor the jpeg, the png, or just crash the game if you had more than one picture with the same numeric but different extension. Just... don't do it.

No, I'm not going through the coding headache of figuring out how to make the game load from different folders for each image type. Maybe crazy will for MMX, but I won't be touching that anytime soon.

On the Type# vs. Type(#) picture naming convention, please use Type#. It won't break preg picture categories. The game has a very specific way of handling preg(variant)# pictures, and will not load any preg pictures at all that have the Type(#) format. Or Type (#). Or any variation of the format that isn't Type#. The way the game sorts preg pictures will exclude any picture that doesn't fit the expected format exactly. Seriously, make things easier on both of us and just use Type# please.

If I missed your question, please don't take it personally. I'm just very busy right now.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:11:55 AM by Aika »

Offline Number76

« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2012, 05:00:21 AM »
I have a question. Is there a list somewhere that would give me a general idea of what stat(s) makes a girl good or bad at a particular job? The skills are pretty straightforward, except for service skills. The stats however are a little more opaque, especially when thinking about the non-sex related jobs.

I ask because it occurred to me that some stats could be more valuable than others. For example, Charisma seems like it could apply to a ton of jobs, whereas the usefulness of Mana seems much more limited.