devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025735 times)

Offline b00marrows

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »
Ok, never uploaded attachments before so here goes.

"Gamelog.txt" might not be useful because i booted the game back up and continued via an auto-save to see if it happened again (it didn't).

and attached "error.txt" is the windows error copied and pasted into a text file.

EDIT: sorry wrong gamelog (real one is too large to upload  :-[ )
EDIT2: real on HERE
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:38:14 AM by b00marrows »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
Ok, never uploaded attachments before so here goes.

"Gamelog.txt" might not be useful because i booted the game back up and continued via an auto-save to see if it happened again (it didn't).

and attached "error.txt" is the windows error copied and pasted into a text file.

Yeap, gamelog shows a normal shutdown... I cannot tell much from WinError, doubt it will mean anything to crazy either.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #242 on: July 14, 2012, 09:38:50 AM »
haha sorry my bad check again...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
haha sorry my bad check again...

Also shows a normal shutdown (1.4 mb version). Log is being created every time you run the game so you need to get it right after the crash, before you start a new game. Even then it might not be possible to know why game crashed but it sometimes it gives an insight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline ptb_666777

• "You gonna pass that!"
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
My first post here . . . First of to crazy, thank you. Really man I found your mod last and it is by far superior to the rest. 

Now to wine  a lil. So far it runs pretty smooth, but I have found a few problems. Movie shack works sometimes, but I abandoned it as money is no problem and I didn't see any benefits from using it. The center is completely unusable as there is no way to get girls in it. the transfer girl dio dose not list it however it dose arena, but that just crashes game. tryouts for arena just give me a new girl and moving them there doesn't work. What triggers the crashes I couldn't tell you it happens randomly from my perspective. Hospital crashes for me too. Tho these are all really cool thing to add to game play they don't work for me at least so waaaa (yes I waaand) The two things I really singed up for was the crash when my dungeon reaches a certain population it crashes and I want more gangs. I looked thru as much of the files as I could find and didn't see where I could change gang max. I was also wondering if you could add another dungeon or allow it to hold unlimited girls. Or maybe just refuse entry after a certain limit. I am getting around 50 monsters per turn and cant let them sit long enuff to do much good (resorted to a cheat item). Maybe a sell all or kill all button?
Lastly, more of a pain in the ass but my hoe's keep buying new stuff and takeing my stuff off. it is disabled and how is my slave making money?

I think arena when working proper like should help gangs level up. so far training is WAAAAAYYYY to slow. I am banking half a mill a turn I would gladly pay more to train them faster. last game I spend years training them then in a few turns one dies from rival gang . . . I don't think health potions are working either.

Still this is by far the best of them all. I don't know how but I would love to help.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
My first post here . . . First of to crazy, thank you. Really man I found your mod last and it is by far superior to the rest. 

Now to wine  a lil. So far it runs pretty smooth, but I have found a few problems. Movie shack works sometimes, but I abandoned it as money is no problem and I didn't see any benefits from using it. The center is completely unusable as there is no way to get girls in it. the transfer girl dio dose not list it however it dose arena, but that just crashes game. tryouts for arena just give me a new girl and moving them there doesn't work. What triggers the crashes I couldn't tell you it happens randomly from my perspective. Hospital crashes for me too. Tho these are all really cool thing to add to game play they don't work for me at least so waaaa (yes I waaand) The two things I really singed up for was the crash when my dungeon reaches a certain population it crashes and I want more gangs. I looked thru as much of the files as I could find and didn't see where I could change gang max. I was also wondering if you could add another dungeon or allow it to hold unlimited girls. Or maybe just refuse entry after a certain limit. I am getting around 50 monsters per turn and cant let them sit long enuff to do much good (resorted to a cheat item). Maybe a sell all or kill all button?
Lastly, more of a pain in the ass but my hoe's keep buying new stuff and takeing my stuff off. it is disabled and how is my slave making money?

I think arena when working proper like should help gangs level up. so far training is WAAAAAYYYY to slow. I am banking half a mill a turn I would gladly pay more to train them faster. last game I spend years training them then in a few turns one dies from rival gang . . . I don't think health potions are working either.

Still this is by far the best of them all. I don't know how but I would love to help.

More bugs... crazy really has his work cut out for him :)

I expect crazy inherited some gang code from a different mod, gangs I always modify in config.xml file, you can set their relative strength and members somewhere in that file. Girls should only pick better items than those that they are already equipped with, some weird thing same as with dungeon (also was supposed to hold unlimited girls).
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »
No time to read the posts but I'll try and upload my SC tonight.  Most of my free time is now taken up by work as they increased my hours by around 10 a week but hoping to get something done soon.  I'll look at the bugs but I really thought that the duengon could hold unlimited girls already hopefully I can get something done tonight but idk yet.

Offline ptb_666777

• "You gonna pass that!"
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
Idk if it matters but they are all catcome girls. I can replicat crash on demand . . . I am not useing the sc, didn't know what it meant till I just googled it. I'll give it a go and see if I am just bitching about an already addressed problem. sp ck isn't working, sorry. . .

Offline crazy

« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »
also i think i found some sort of bug? if i put the name "Test" as my brothel i start with ALOTA gold and i can walk around town forever (some sort of dev test thing?) but every girl i bump into is bugged, they have traits as names (strong, strange eyes etc) and completly random stats.

my next issues is SOMEHOW a girl with 100 agility, 100 combat, 100 magic, 100 constitution and 70 confidence managed to loose a battle in the catacombs four times in a row!

and i also got a crash, do you want me to post the error i got?
Naming the brothel Test should do the gold and walk around town forever thing as that is in every version of WM that I know of to help test the game quicker.  No ideal why they would show up named as traits cause I'm not able to reproduce this bug when I name my brothel Test it works fine..  Looking over your game log the only thing jumping out at me right now is your missing some of the buttons you need.  As for the girl loosing she might be running into a girl that is incoprial there for she can't win the fight idk there is some problems with battles in the game.

Offline crazy

« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2012, 02:43:18 AM »
Ty.
Now to wine  a lil. So far it runs pretty smooth, but I have found a few problems. Movie shack works sometimes, but I abandoned it as money is no problem and I didn't see any benefits from using it.
Yeah this is a know problem that I just haven't had time to fix they really don't make you any money at all hopefully I can get that fixed when I get the time.
The center is completely unusable as there is no way to get girls in it. the transfer girl dio dose not list it however it dose arena, but that just crashes game. tryouts for arena just give me a new girl and moving them there doesn't work. What triggers the crashes I couldn't tell you it happens randomly from my perspective. Hospital crashes for me too
I posted somewhere the centre isn't finished to ignore it but it got lost in this thing somewhere.. I really should have just took it off the map lol.  For the crashes I need a game log plz as those are the two I did screens for it has to be cause of that but no one else seems to be getting a crash or if they are there not posting it.
The two things I really singed up for was the crash when my dungeon reaches a certain population it crashes and I want more gangs. I looked thru as much of the files as I could find and didn't see where I could change gang max. I was also wondering if you could add another dungeon or allow it to hold unlimited girls. Or maybe just refuse entry after a certain limit. I am getting around 50 monsters per turn and cant let them sit long enuff to do much good (resorted to a cheat item). Maybe a sell all or kill all button?
Gangs can be changed in the config file so you can get more and make them train faster.  As for the dungeon thing going look into it see what I can turn up for you.  Also a tip using shift will let you select girls from a certain point to a certain point which will speed up selling of girls.

As Xela said girls are supose to use whats the best item they have.  Only way a slave could make money is she isn't set to 100% goes to you or she is stealing from you..  Some slave may start with money might want to check there girlx file to see if that was it.  Gang problem is fixable in the config to make them train faster.  Are they dieing from a rival gang or are they set to grand theft which is broke beyond belief and is something I would like to fix..  Cause if a rival gang is killing a gang with stats above 80% then that would be something I've never seen before.

Best way to help if you can't code is feedback or making girl packs for my version.

Think I really should test my game for a few days before I do much coding seems to be a few problems that I didn't know about.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »
ok, sorry. the bug i found where the girls you get from walking around town are traits bug was my fault... i think, somehow one of my girls had all of the quotation mark's ( " ) replaced with apostophe's ( ' )

still trying to figure out HOW THE HELL the game managed to go down to the traits section and turn the traits into random no-pic girls AND give them compleetly random stats! (some come with HUGE stats, and other get to your bothel DEAD!) WTF????

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:12 AM »
ok, sorry. the bug i found where the girls you get from walking around town are traits bug was my fault... i think, somehow one of my girls had all of the quotation mark's ( " ) replaced with apostophe's ( ' )

still trying to figure out HOW THE HELL the game managed to go down to the traits section and turn the traits into random no-pic girls AND give them compleetly random stats! (some come with HUGE stats, and other get to your bothel DEAD!) WTF? ???

Maybe a fresh copy of the game mate? And recheck all of your girls if problem remains. I've been trying out crazy's older version of the mod and never got any issues like the ones you're describing...
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
Maybe a fresh copy of the game mate? And recheck all of your girls if problem remains. I've been trying out crazy's older version of the mod and never got any issues like the ones you're describing...

k, new copy and i have fixed any issues i found in the .girlsx files. (loaded them all in the editor to make sure everything is ok)

Ill get back to playing now  :D

Offline ptb_666777

• "You gonna pass that!"
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2012, 06:16:46 AM »
I compiled my girls, seems to smooth things out. Didn't see the "Arena" girls type. Ima semi random select girls I have already to check it out. I don't want any more girls 8ish gigs is plenty. I was wondering how hard it would be to have arena items? I like making Items . One's won in fights would be pimp.  I kinda like the Idea of None Whore fighter girls. Namely for my children and monsters from catacomes.

What I wanted to get from gangs is a hired number for like 40. I could send out 40 gangs to devistate the lands and reak havok on all who breath life!   I will change gang names and call them "the foot clan". seemed like it would be a simple task of finding the defalt limit and upping it. It isn't really important.

Girl script files? Apparently I don't have them I think its constant search for them is messing me up. I read all the comments and have heard of no mention.

any expantion of game play is awesome that's my opinion. I have hundreds of ideas, but am much like you at your stat. This game could be so much more.

Offline crazy

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
Posted SC