Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025244 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
I think I managed to solve that problem I've been having with the profile pictures not showing up. What I had to do is basically load every girl in the chara edit and save it as a different list. Apparently I was using girlsx files from way back when the game was first released, and they were incompatible with the mods.  It sounds tedious, but it's really not that time consuming considering that all you have to do is put them into one or two very big lists. Same needs to be done with the random girls.  So in case someone else has this problem, I hope this helps.

I did that with all characters on my drive like an year ago :D

How could you still have the old format...?
Like what we're doing?

Offline akab

« Reply #226 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:31 AM »

Could you post the source code of the new version (0.5).
I'm trying to make a few tweaks here and there, but with little success.  ::)
There is a wiki that explains what makes the various classes, functions etc. ..
maybe a program flow? (I have seen that there are many comments, but scattered in the code).

Thanks for your efforts.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
Could you post the source code of the new version (0.5).
I'm trying to make a few tweaks here and there, but with little success.  ::)
There is a wiki that explains what makes the various classes, functions etc. ..
maybe a program flow? (I have seen that there are many comments, but scattered in the code).

Thanks for your efforts.

WM code is exceptionally well commented, don't you think wiki would be an overkill..?
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
WM code is exceptionally well commented, don't you think wiki would be an overkill..?
the only problem with the source code is people are lazy. also people can get lost (like i did) looking at 1 things and expecting that to be it, but it never is ,there's always something else you haven't looked at yet that adds an extra twist to what you wanted to do.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
the only problem with the source code is people are lazy. also people can get lost (like i did) looking at 1 things and expecting that to be it, but it never is ,there's always something else you haven't looked at yet that adds an extra twist to what you wanted to do.

I expect that is the reason why everyone wants to try making their own game, understanding source for WM is not easy and most programers tend to agree that adding new stuff to the game is difficult... but here we are taking about small modifications and fixes, anyone with some basic knowhow in C++ should be able to do it. In any case, explaining how entire WM works to a non programer can take month, time was better spent coding the actual game :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline akab

« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »

It is probably true ... personally when I look at a project larger than 20 lines ;) I build a sort of
guide, because very often I resume on a project after some time. frequently restart and have
an overview of the current situation of the project can take her time.

Never mind, in the absence of other documentation, I will take longer time, and several
more tests to understand how and where to act ..

the only problem with the source code is people are lazy. also people can get lost (like i did)
looking at 1 things and expecting that to be it, but it never is ,there's always something else
you haven't looked at yet that adds an extra twist to what you wanted to do.

True, but almost all the programmers are "lazy" (1) ... although I am only a practiser.
And yes it is easy to get lost in the code and maybe miss the nuances or make treasury of
functions or procedures that are already present in the code, written by competent
programmers, but that you may ignore its existence.

(1) "lazy" in the exception of people who do not like to write more code than they need, and
like to reuse their work (already tried and tested).

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
quick question am i right in thinking that all i need to do is rename "oral sex" to "Bestiality" to make my girls compatible with this mod?

if not could someone explain what i need to do?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »
quick question am i right in thinking that all i need to do is rename "oral sex" to "Bestiality" to make my girls compatible with this mod?

if not could someone explain what i need to do?

Not sure I understood the question. Even vanilla girls are compatible to this mod.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »
to put it simply how do i make my 2 aika mod girls compatible with this mod? is it as simple as renaming oral to bestiality?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »
to put it simply how do i make my 2 aika mod girls compatible with this mod? is it as simple as renaming oral to bestiality?

I am not sure what oral and bestiality have in common, why do you want to rename them? For example I think that crazy uses 'nude' where Aika uses 'Ecchi', that can be renamed. I already said a bunch of times that I believe making girlpacks for mods at this stage is premature, Code Modders may still add new categories, add new traits or even stats... I am sure that crazy will make a guide for girl modders when the time is right.

Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »
  I am not sure what oral and bestiality have in common, why do you want to rename them? For example I think that crazy uses 'nude' where Aika uses 'Ecchi', that can be renamed. I already said a bunch of times that I believe making girlpacks for mods at this stage is premature, Code Modders may still add new categories, add new traits or even stats... I am sure that crazy will make a guide for girl modders when the time is right.

still trying to figure out how you where confused about my question... all i wanted to do was quickly port my gils over to this mod for personal use...

but i done it anyway and tested. it is as simple as naming "oral sex" to "beastiality". i also added the needed pics.

also i think i found some sort of bug? if i put the name "Test" as my brothel i start with ALOTA gold and i can walk around town forever (some sort of dev test thing?) but every girl i bump into is bugged, they have traits as names (strong, strange eyes etc) and completly random stats.

my next issues is SOMEHOW a girl with 100 agility, 100 combat, 100 magic, 100 constitution and 70 confidence managed to loose a battle in the catacombs four times in a row!

and i also got a crash, do you want me to post the error i got?

Offline Popuri

« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
Xela, as I recall Oral isn't a default category for WM.  Aika's mod replaced Bestiality with Oral.

That's what b00 was asking.  Could be wrong though, I haven't looked at vanilla WM in ages. >.>  *goes back to scribbling in her notebook*

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
still trying to figure out how you where confused about my question... all i wanted to do was quickly port my gils over to this mod for personal use...

but i done it anyway and tested. it is as simple as naming "oral sex" to "beastiality". i also added the needed pics.

also i think i found some sort of bug? if i put the name "Test" as my brothel i start with ALOTA gold and i can walk around town forever (some sort of dev test thing?) but every girl i bump into is bugged, they have traits as names (strong, strange eyes etc) and completly random stats.

my next issues is SOMEHOW a girl with 100 agility, 100 combat, 100 magic, 100 constitution and 70 confidence managed to loose a battle in the catacombs four times in a row!

and i also got a crash, do you want me to post the error i got?

Lmao

Unfortunate...

Always post errors, they will help crazy figuring out that's going on and fix it. Rest are balancing issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »
ok is there an error log or should i just post the error windows gave me?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
ok is there an error log or should i just post the error windows gave me?

It's up to crazy really, but I always found gamelog.txt file in root game folder important for debugging.
Like what we're doing?