Author Topic: A few suggestions...  (Read 43093 times)

Offline ohnonono

Re: A few suggestions...
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
That would still limit you to 7 girls a week.   You can't run a eugenics project that way.

I should probably dust off my C++ hat and try my hand at tracking sons for a EugenicsMaster spinoff.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2010, 02:31:56 AM »
7 isn't enough? Too much click, clicky for me. But then again I have no interest in getting my girls prego. Oh well, if everyone thinks it's a good amount then works for me. Not like I have to use all 10 lol
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
That would still limit you to 7 girls a week.   You can't run a eugenics project that way.

I should probably dust off my C++ hat and try my hand at tracking sons for a EugenicsMaster spinoff.

Using genetic algorithms, I have no doubt ;)

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
I have to disagree with lowering the "interact with" limit.  I actually find 10 to be rather low in my opinion.  As the master of these brothels, why not just set it to 1 "interact with" per girl, instead of just 10? What was the reason you guys made it just 10 times you can "interact with" girls? You don't have to use the "interact with" option, but don't just lessen its usefulness because I've found it to be a pretty good cash flow, especially with monster egg sales.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
I agree there is no real reason to lower it. I mean if your not going to use it that many times then that's a ok. I've actually wished that you could have more interaction, so that I can use that to make girls happy and fall in love with me, or to make them not afraid of me (which is a pain to get rid of).

Offline TF

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
I just used expensive gifts to get the girls to like me... y'know... just like real life.

exodia91

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2010, 01:49:20 PM »
One expensive gift will make a girl fall in love with you... Or several weeks of intensive interaction/being nice.... yeah sounds about right.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »
I'd actually like to see the lesbian, threesome, and group session options in the "Ask" choice become available as well.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »
I'd actually like to see the lesbian, threesome, and group session options in the "Ask" choice become available as well.

So, somebody can use the script editor to add them in "DefaultInteractDetails.script" and "DefaultInteractDungeon.script". Shouldn't be hugely difficult.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 01:28:56 AM »
The problem is: where do you get the second girl from? You need a way to access the brothel lists from inside the script.

Group is easy enough, I suppose, since you just co-opt the nearest passing goons. I suppose you could just say "... and another girl", but that doesn't seem very satisfactory somehow.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 03:37:12 AM »
I have to disagree with lowering the "interact with" limit.  I actually find 10 to be rather low in my opinion.  As the master of these brothels, why not just set it to 1 "interact with" per girl, instead of just 10? What was the reason you guys made it just 10 times you can "interact with" girls? You don't have to use the "interact with" option, but don't just lessen its usefulness because I've found it to be a pretty good cash flow, especially with monster egg sales.

Well, my suggestion was to lower the amount but increase the effectiveness of it. I figured everyone used it on the same girl anyways. So even if you can only use 5, it'd be like you used 10. Now how Mr. Fanatic mentioned, where I could maybe have a more in-depth conversation with the girl. Which I doubt would happen with randoms. (They'd be more generic conversations I'd imagine.) having 10 would be more useful.

Basically what I'm saying is, instead of 10 interactions you have 5 that have the effectiveness of 10. But if everyone is against it, that's fine by me. It was a mere suggestion.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
Why not use the girl assigned as Matron for the "Ask" version of the lesbian and threesome act while using the Torturer for the "Force" versions of those same two? For the group versions, you can just have it select a random gang in your employ to either pleasure her or ravage her, depending on your "Ask" or "Force" choice. 

Mehzerz, I understood what you were saying about raising the effectiveness of the interactions and what I typed wasn't the best choice since it says I basically thought you meant just reducing the effectiveness of taking the number of chances to interact down to 5, so I apologize for poor wording, but maybe a interaction counter/limiter could be put into the config file to allow everyone to set their own limit.  Not sure if that would be possible, but this is just a suggestion.

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 11:42:59 PM »
Apologies if any these have been suggested already, I read through the thread and didn't spot them.

First one's a doozy:
Rework stat system
Most stats should be listed as raw values, ie combat, sex skills etc. Having them as percentages, capping out at 100 for all stats on all girls, is kinda boring.
Each girl should have a 'natural' value for each stat. This might be hidden.
Percentage changes (from experience, training, some items and so on) should add points toward this natural value, but never above.
ie current Bestiality value 20, natural value 50, adding 50% -> new value 35.
Static changes would simply be added after percentage gains/losses. Same example, add 50 raw instead of % -> 70
This way each girl would be useful for some jobs and garbage for others, regardless of training, but traits and items would retain their value, as they could grant percentage or raw as desired.

This leads on to my second suggestion:
Job permissions specific per girl
Basically move the 'allowed acts' section from the brothel management screen to the girls'. This way you tell individual girls to perform specific acts, rather than have all your girls in each brothel do the same things. You could also avoid acts which girls are currently inexperienced with to prevent them getting hurt, while training them to a level where they'd be better at it.

And this leads to my third (and favourite):
The permissions tickbox box

Basically that. It bothers me that the current BDSM option assumes the girl is submissive.

Again, apologies for any reheated concepts.
Also, best wishes to the dev team.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:41 AM »
This way each girl would be useful for some jobs and garbage for others, regardless of training, but traits and items would retain their value, as they could grant percentage or raw as desired.

I agree with the intent, but I'm not sure about the specifics. I'd sooner nerf training, so you could only train one stat at a time, and maybe provide a bit more feedback so the player could see where the gaps in his skill portfolio was hurting the business. I'd also make getting to the higher levels a lot slower.

tell individual girls to perform specific acts, rather than have all your girls in each brothel do the same things. You could also avoid acts which girls are currently inexperienced with to prevent them getting hurt

I think this is going to happen at some point. No promises for timescale though.

Basically that. It bothers me that the current BDSM option assumes the girl is submissive.

Yeah, I've thought about that as well.  Needs a bit of work though. We'd really need to move the BDSM* picks to Domme* and Sub* pics. Probably using any BDSM ones as fallbacks so as not to break existing packs.

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2010, 04:25:43 AM »
I'd sooner nerf training
I knew I'd forgotten some brilliant idea in there somewhere.

Basically, pick a girl to be a Mentor, pick the skill she teaches, and then pick her students. Points gained by students would be affected by the Mentor's value, obviously.
The Mentor would gain points in that skill too, but probably only at half the rate or something.

This led me to an interesting Trait idea; [Skill] Expert and [Skill] Protege. Experts teach faster and Proteges learn faster, even outside of training.