Author Topic: A few suggestions...  (Read 42692 times)

Offline ChaosKishin

Re: A few suggestions...
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
This is pretty small in my opinion, but I'd like the ability to name the player's organization. The rival gangs have name but we're nameless. It wouldn't have to be at start of the game, the option could pop up a few weeks after you bought the 2nd or 3rd brothel.

Offline crazy

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »
Is there anyway you can make old saves load new girls you have added to the game?  I'm making a few girls a week and when i make them i want to use them in game to test them but with limited time to play i don't get the chance to make it very far in the game so i would love it there was a way to make older saves scan for girls that are new to it or something along those lines so i could keep playing the same save and still get the new girls ive added.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »
Is there anyway you can make old saves load new girls you have added to the game?  I'm making a few girls a week and when i make them i want to use them in game to test them but with limited time to play i don't get the chance to make it very far in the game so i would love it there was a way to make older saves scan for girls that are new to it or something along those lines so i could keep playing the same save and still get the new girls ive added.

Hmm... should be possible, since the list of loaded .girlsx files is stored in the .gam.mast file. I'll check into it.

Actually, having looked at my current testing .gam.mast files, it looks like they're updated whenever you load a game, but the new .girlsx aren't loaded for whatever reason at that time. Curious.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2010, 04:59:24 AM »
Is there any particular reason why random girls don't have descriptions like unique girls?
Might be a nice addition, I wrote some story lines for some of my randoms in their description and I don't think you see those in the game. (If you can I apologize.)
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »
Is there any particular reason why random girls don't have descriptions like unique girls?
Might be a nice addition, I wrote some story lines for some of my randoms in their description and I don't think you see those in the game. (If you can I apologize.)

I always wondered about that. Why not add the description under the random template name that is now displaied.

exodia91

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
Because then you have 50 girls with the same description, they're supposed to be random girls from different walks of life, with random traits, so descriptions would have to be very vague and general or they wouldn't make much sense.

Offline TF

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
Personally, I tend to concentrate on getting the unique girls (and you might notice that I use more than a few packs worth of girls if you swing by the user mods section ~_^) which in turn means that I tend to have much fewer random girls. Personally, I think that having the descriptions for random girls would be nice and I think that most of the descriptions I've seen have been tailored well to the idea of appearing multiple times, using phrases akin to "one of a group of girls..."

It's probably just boils down to personal preference, but I'm all for it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »
I don't see a problem - just describe the type of girl, rather than a single, specific girl. "This girl is a typical  northland warrior woman. This one seems to have ventured too far south and found herself stranded in the big city..."

Offline sgb

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »
Because then you have 50 girls with the same description, they're supposed to be random girls from different walks of life, with random traits, so descriptions would have to be very vague and general or they wouldn't make much sense.
Basically this.  Depending on how randomized the stats of a girl have been set, there's no way of telling if the girl will be generated with good looks, strong magic, poor sex skills, etc.  There's no way the user can make a sensical description beyond a vague overview of who the girl is supposed to be.  The only way to change this would be for the game itself to generate description text based on the generated numbers, and I have no idea how hard that would be to implement and if it's even worth it.

Offline TF

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2010, 10:33:59 PM »
Here's a few samples from girls I've used in my compiled packs:

Royal Guard1:  The Royal Guard are fitted with the best and brightest female warriors any king can find. This particular girl is one of the heavy cavalry gifted with a powerful lanc. Only the best are allowed to wield these weapons.

Vista:  A race of artificial girls created by an unknown mad man. No one knows their true use but more and more show up every day. They all look like young girls with green hair.

Mermaid:  A beautiful half-human girl from the seas.

Werewolf:  Werewolfs are faster and stronger than any wolf or human alive. Their senses are beyond both creatures. They are incredibly deadly with no guaranteed weakness. Common belief is silver or having silver pierce the skin. Some would say wolfsbane or mountain ash. No one truely knows. Your best bet is to simply avoid at ALL COSTS.

Most girls already have the descriptions they need and most of those are vague enough that it shouldn't seem odd having multiple girls with the same description. Even the original randoms came with descriptions, and most all subsequent user content followed suit, which leads me to believe that people meant for them to be seen... I mean, why else write it?

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2010, 01:43:40 AM »
Most girls already have the descriptions they need and most of those are vague enough that it shouldn't seem odd having multiple girls with the same description. Even the original randoms came with descriptions, and most all subsequent user content followed suit, which leads me to believe that people meant for them to be seen... I mean, why else write it?

My thoughts exactly, I believe it just uses their random name. Such as "spunky girl" or "warrior" what have you. Since randoms are generally races, or archetypes I don't see why them having descriptions would harm anything... especially considering there's a spot for it in the editor when you make them.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline pnakasone

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »
  Here is a more list of ideas some for  future versions   

On girl management list something to  show if a girl is slave or free

Tips
 a simple yes no check box on the girl  details screen.
Default for slaves is no tips
If allowed tips each tip they receive  will give a small boost to happiness

Stats
Perception the ability to see trouble  or opportunity coming and take appropriate action
Wisdom  make good choices

Skills
Dance ones that require to keep ones  cloths on
Vocal Speaking and sing
Oral sex self explanatory
Decorum this skill is used to determine  if the girl can behave in a manner appropriate to the situation   

Traits

Solid Out
Her father sold her in to slavery
-happiness
-spirit

Kidnapped
You kidnapped her
-happiness
+Rebelliousness   
+pchate

Born a Slave or less nice Born a Slave  Whore
Girl was born  to a slave in a brothel.
+sex skills
+obedience
Happiness will never be above 90 or  below 20 will be twice hard or take twice as long to change  Rebelliousness will be twice hard or take twice as long to change   
PC hate/fear/love will be twice hard or   take twice as long to change
Will not run away

The idea for the one above is that some  of the girls will have been born into the business so to speak. While  they never will be completely happy neither will they be really  unhappy either. To them the freedom is uncertainty as a slave girl in  a profitable business  for long as they work enough to satisfy the  owner they will have food, shelter, and healthcare.

Holding rooms   
I sometimes have more girls then space  in the brothel and would like some where other  then the dungeon to  keep them where they would not lose happiness or health if I asinine  a torturer to the dungeon.

Matron pay should be a cut of the  profits rather the a flat pay.

Section Managers
A free girl in direct charge of a  section such as the brothel, bar, or gambling hall. Increase girls  effectiveness in that section. Pay is a cut of the profits of the  section they are in charge of.

Offline Vanreis

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »
I have one little idea that shouldn't take too much time (but it might considering that I don't know anything about coding). How about making certain girls hate or like player more for certain actions depending on their characteristics? For example, Astaroth wants to have children so if the player uses Fertility Potion on her and removes her initial sterility trait she will like him much more (I'm thinking about major change in her feelings like jump from neutral almost to love or hate almost to neutral). On the other side, if player then aborts her child there would be a bit smaller change in the other way. For what I know about WM structure this could work as a second trait list only with what she wants and what she hates. Well, that's it, I hope everything is clear. This idea is not a "must have" for me but I think it would be pretty nice addition.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
This is in the pipeline. Kind of. I'l explain.

Problems like this are easy to solve for specific cases, but hard to solve in the general case. Which means it's easy to add a specific test for astaroth and the fertility potion, but harder to set up a system that allows you to add arbitrary effects as new girls/items/traits enter the picture.

Additionally, adding in lots of special case code is a maintenance nightmare, so we don't want to do that if we can avoid it.

The good news is that the Lua scripting I'm busy knocking the bugs out of should allow things like events that fire on gaining or losing a trait, or equipping an item. So you'll be able to write an event for Astaroth that fires when her traits change, see if she's gained or lost sterility, and tweak her stats accordingly.

And that will give us our general case solution, since you'll be able to add the handling for these cases to the girlsx file.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
I would also like something like "holding rooms" made so that the girls don't get the negative effects of the dungeon. maybe it could be a job in the catacombs, "rest in nice rooms" or something I mean there have always been prisons and dungeons that have cells for high class guests. either that or a nice 5 room, non upgradeable house (or something like that) where the only thing girls can do is have free time, train, and clean. maybe it could have extra effectiveness for regaining health and/or loosing tiredness.

I was also wondering if it would be possible for the category to stay the same when switching from night and day for job actions. I find it annoying to continually have to click on brothel then night/day then brothel (and then maybe repeat) to choose where I want the girl(s) to go. (I try to keep equal girls in most jobs, helps to make sure I won't run out)