devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629561 times)

Offline Jacko

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #870 on: June 24, 2015, 11:52:48 PM »
Any love for the changing pic types? It happened again when I was playing last night. Kind of ruins the whole game... Just keep spamming one action over and over.

Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone actually really play this game but me? lol.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #871 on: June 24, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »
Any love for the changing pic types? It happened again when I was playing last night. Kind of ruins the whole game... Just keep spamming one action over and over.
Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone actually really play this game but me? lol.
I started a new game with .06.02.03 but of course I can't get it to crash or have any kind of bug everyone is talking about.
Attach your save game so I can try it out.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Jacko

« Reply #872 on: June 25, 2015, 12:04:44 AM »
Damn... I'll attach the save. It's really strange because sometimes it will show the correct image, and sometimes it won't.

The code seems to "break" after a while. Everything will be fine, but after a certain number of clicks for a specific action (profile pics seem to be fine, although I did find a bug in the previous release where "preg" pics weren't firing), it wills start to show other pic types, as I mentioned in a previous post. This bug only seems to be happening with the latest release, although I haven't tried the other 2.0 releases.

Really looking forward to playing the game with the added gif support. I also love the profile pic additions for girls you meet on the town screen. Really nice touch. Hope this can be sorted out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached file is a .rar.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:38:55 AM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #873 on: June 25, 2015, 12:20:25 AM »
Damn... I'll attach the save. It's really strange because sometimes it will show the correct image, and sometimes it won't.
The code seems to "break" after a while. Everything will be fine, but after a certain number of clicks for a specific action (profile pics seem to be fine, although I did find a bug in the previous release where "preg" pics weren't firing), it wills start to show other pic types, as I mentioned in a previous post. This bug only seems to be happening with the latest release, although I haven't tried the other 2.0 releases.
Really looking forward to playing the game with the added gif support. I also love the profile pic additions for girls you meet on the town screen. Really nice touch. Hope this can be sorted out. Let me know if you need anything else.
Attached file is a .rar.
It doesn't seem to be the savegame that causes it.
Can you zip up and upload the folders and .(r)girlsx files for the 3 girls you have in that game so I can try them?

Offline Jacko

« Reply #874 on: June 25, 2015, 04:18:05 AM »

Can you do it with only one? Sorry, uploading is time consuming... I added Capri. If you need the others I will upload them.

http://www.megafileupload.com/4Gk9/Capri.rar

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #875 on: June 25, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »
Can you do it with only one? Sorry, uploading is time consuming... I added Capri. If you need the others I will upload them.
I still can't get it to crash.

I did find why some of the images are not showing as expected.
When I made the image tree for pregnant variants, I based them off the nonpreg branch and forgot to include the nonpreg image types in the preg branches.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #876 on: June 25, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »
The game doesn't crash Aveo, it just starts displaying picture types that aren't attributed. For example, I'll choose the "Have sex" command from the menu, and it will generally display image type sex, but after repeated commands it degrades and begins showing "anal", "strip", etc.

I'll check and see if I can reproduce it with accuracy so I can be more descriptive. Hmmm...

(Sorry, I keep calling you Aveo, just noticed it was Aevo.)

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #877 on: June 26, 2015, 10:26:45 AM »
Ok....with the advent of the rehab clinic, we have a temporary former addict trait.....could we get the same for the cure addiction potions?....not a temporary cure, but a temporary former addict trait?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #878 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Ok....with the advent of the rehab clinic, we have a temporary former addict trait.....could we get the same for the cure addiction potions?....not a temporary cure, but a temporary former addict trait?
Former Addict increases her chance of turning back to drugs after she is "cured" of her addiction through counseling.
The potions are supposed to completely rid the girl of the addiction thus no longer wanting to use drugs.
There could be variations of the items that would add the Former Addict trait but the main version will not.

Offline Myiai

« Reply #879 on: June 28, 2015, 05:52:19 AM »
Found some minor bug in .05 . When in dungeon-girl details i try to cycle trough girls via prev or next button it start to show my girls in brothel.
Im positive that in .03 i had no issue like this and in other buildings it works fine, just in dungeon cycling shows this minor bug.

Also while trying to check if this leaves any hint in log i found that whenever i open girl details, it floods the log whit an error  10+ msg :
CSurface LoadImage loadedImage error with filename: .\Resources\Buttons\
Couldn't open .\Resources\Buttons\
Started playing with .06.02.03 did i miss some files from prev versions ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:05:49 AM by Myiai »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
Found some minor bug in .05 . When in dungeon-girl details i try to cycle trough girls via prev or next button it start to show my girls in brothel.
Im positive that in .03 i had no issue like this and in other buildings it works fine, just in dungeon cycling shows this minor bug.
When I changed the jobs saving as quick codes instead of numbers, I forgot to make a quick code for Dungeon and Runaways.
The Dungeon should not affect the game too much but I'm not sure if Runaways will cause problems.

Also while trying to check if this leaves any hint in log i found that whenever i open girl details, it floods the log whit an error  10+ msg :
CSurface LoadImage loadedImage error with filename: .\Resources\Buttons\
Started playing with .06.02.03 did i miss some files from prev versions ?
The original image code took care of this and I forgot to add it into the new code.
It is just bitching because the disabled button images are blank.
It does not affect the game at all, it is just a little annoying.
It will stop in .06.02.06

I finally got that random crash everyone has been complaining about and it is caused by the same problem, buttons.
I am working on the fix.

Offline Myiai

« Reply #881 on: June 28, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
The dungeon thing is a minor problem only causing open girl close girl click on next open and close....miss the cycling but its nothing game breaking, but the runaways,
i just got 1 girl that run away but after the text she still was in the dungeon and i could interact with her...so that could be a bigger problem. i do always save before torturing
so had a backup, but she was in the dungeon as a slave and a runaway too, on week turn it maybe could have caused problems.
Hmmm Buttons Buggy :P ok never had any issues ingame, just reported it because it flooded the log, and since it will stop doing that in.06 its cool.
Oh so the 3 crashes i had was a button thingy to, good to know, best of luck with the solution, random bugs are hard to catch and fix.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #882 on: June 28, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
There's a small issue in the Peep Show job. The masturbation event just displays a masturbation image, no changes to gold, stats, etc.

EDIT - Found it, I can fix it and send the file to save some work if that's fine.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:58:19 PM by Hanzo »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #883 on: June 28, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »
Bug in dungeon with version .06.02.06

actually I've got 2 girls in the dungeon. But when I open the dungeon there is the button to sent them into the dungeon. When doing this the girl is duplicated.
When I'm clicking on the button "interact with" the same script is running as in the brothel.

Offline mika

« Reply #884 on: June 28, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
If i understand correctly, in the original game the player had full control over equipping "combat gear" or not for a girl, and there was a setting in config.xml, to auto-equip and unequip gear - which may or may not have worked at all.

Then as the game was modded, for "some reason" (probably realism >.>) the autoequip/unequip was made the default, and the config.xml var still doesn't do anything.

Is that correct?

>.> Fine, but if the game forces control over combat gear equip/unequip, and the player has no proper control over this, then this "automation" has to actually work - right now, it does not work for combat training lessons via the interaction menu. Those lessons still expect the player to manually equip combat gear. The result is that the player has to fight against automation: Whenever one assigns a girl to a job where gear would be "unproper", the game automatically unequips - but if one then sends a girl to a combat lesson, one wastes 500 coins if one forgets to manually reequip the stuff.