devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 628726 times)

Offline SammeyTiger

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »
In 6.08 many times beasts will only work properly if,
1) Any old gamelog.txt has been deleted.
2) In the config only Extradetails, and shownumbers   are true ( checked ) in the log options.
3) You are using a completely new ( made in 6.08 ) game file.

Offline SammeyTiger

« Reply #901 on: July 12, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
I found what appears to be a another bug.

When making an item there is a selection "Girl Status" .
How ever the only Statuses that have any impact as far as I can tell are pregnant, pregnant by player, has son, has daughter, and inseminated.
Is this by design or?
I am especially interested in poisoned , and Badly poisoned as I have ideas where I could use these.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #902 on: July 12, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »
I found what appears to be a another bug.

When making an item there is a selection "Girl Status" .
How ever the only Statuses that have any impact as far as I can tell are pregnant, pregnant by player, has son, has daughter, and inseminated.
Is this by design or?
I am especially interested in poisoned , and Badly poisoned as I have ideas where I could use these.
Its more of a lack of design, poison was added but never done anything with.
I don't really have any plans on doing anything with it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #903 on: July 13, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug but you have an unused bath image type, unused poison system, so why not add a cleanliness stat to the girls, that when reduced causes them to get fewer customers, and increases the chance of misc illnesses, or even std's. And add a system that the quality of housing can effect how much the cleanliness stat changes, so poor means dirty and rich means cleaning, like the poor quality (2) housing would actually add dirtiness and the high class housing would remove dirtyness. And for game balancing make certain types of housing unlockable/upgradeable with money on individual brothels, plus other brothel upgrades such as cleaning service, windows, beds which would improve customer happiness, and drink upgrades for the bar , food upgrades, bathroom upgrades,. Wow this wasn't a bug report at all, i'm sorry. Plus moving in this direction would take this into a more detailed brothel/whore management, which i am not opposed to, but other might. Oh and maybe lighting upgrades wich would mildley decrease the outside whore rape chance.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #904 on: July 13, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug but you have an unused bath image type, unused poison system, so why not add a cleanliness stat to the girls, that when reduced causes them to get fewer customers, and increases the chance of misc illnesses, or even std's.
The main reason cleanliness and poison are not used is because the game runs on a weekly cycle.
If it were run on a daily cycle, then they would be feasible.
If poison reduced health on a weekly time frame, it would be extremely weak poison.
If the girl does not bathe for a week cleanliness would always be 100 (or -100?).

And add a system that the quality of housing can effect how much the cleanliness stat changes, so poor means dirty and rich means cleaning, like the poor quality (2) housing would actually add dirtiness and the high class housing would remove dirtyness. And for game balancing make certain types of housing unlockable/upgradeable with money on individual brothels, plus other brothel upgrades such as cleaning service, windows, beds which would improve customer happiness, and drink upgrades for the bar , food upgrades, bathroom upgrades,. Wow this wasn't a bug report at all, i'm sorry. Plus moving in this direction would take this into a more detailed brothel/whore management, which i am not opposed to, but other might. Oh and maybe lighting upgrades wich would mildley decrease the outside whore rape chance.
Something like this was started by the original devs before I got here but it was never finished.
I'm not sure how much of it would work and I have not really had any time to look at it.
Perhaps in the future I will.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #905 on: July 13, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »
The main reason cleanliness and poison are not used is because the game runs on a weekly cycle.
If it were run on a daily cycle, then they would be feasible.
If poison reduced health on a weekly time frame, it would be extremely weak poison.
If the girl does not bathe for a week cleanliness would always be 100 (or -100?).
Something like this was started by the original devs before I got here but it was never finished.
I'm not sure how much of it would work and I have not really had any time to look at it.
Perhaps in the future I will.

I havent looked at the source in a while ill take a look at it, btw anything you could use help with aveo?
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #906 on: July 13, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »
...anything you could use help with aveo?
I'm not really good at delegating, can you do that for me?  :P

If you can do some debugging on the new image handling and see if you can figure out if that is causing the crashes some have been reporting.
I can not get it to crash while debugging and when it does crash while playing the game, I can't repeat it in the debugger.
I have a feeling it has something to do with the images and not the code but without knowing the girl pack, I can't narrow it down.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #907 on: July 15, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
You could have him look at why restrictions aren't working in the brothel :)

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #908 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
i havent noticed them not working, but ill look

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #909 on: July 16, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
the one I know is that when stripping isn't restricted, but group sex is, the group sex will still happen but not as much.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #910 on: July 16, 2015, 02:58:12 PM »
ill take a look when im done with evolved for the day

Offline SammeyTiger

« Reply #911 on: July 25, 2015, 12:12:43 AM »
I have noticed that many times on load / new game.
Some girls will have there 'Children Total_Births','Beasts','All_Girls','All_Boys','Customer_Girls','Customer_Boys', 'Your_Girls','Your_Boys','Miscarriages', or there 'Abortions'  values set to some random 6 digit number.

The only clue I have is that it seems to happen more often with older girls.
And by older I mean girls that have *.girlsx files that were made when the format was new.
Girls that are newer, have less of a chance, and if they are VERY recent they are almost immune.

Offline andy_and

« Reply #912 on: July 25, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »
Some girls will have there 'Children Total_Births','Beasts','All_Girls','All_Boys','Customer_Girls','Customer_Boys', 'Your_Girls','Your_Boys','Miscarriages', or there 'Abortions'  values set to some random 6 digit number.

I hope this screenshot confirm this

Offline SammeyTiger

« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »

I hope this screenshot confirm this

Yes, That is what I am faced with at least once a game.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #914 on: July 26, 2015, 10:29:36 AM »

The only clue I have is that it seems to happen more often with older girls.
And by older I mean girls that have *.girlsx files that were made when the format was new.
Girls that are newer, have less of a chance, and if they are VERY recent they are almost immune.
I found and fixed this problem, it was another uninitialized variable.
This will make new games and new girls in existing games start at 0.
If an existing girl's number is negative or above 1000 it will get reset it to 0.
That should fix the majority of the bad numbers but will limit girls to 999 children (probably not a problem).