devolution

Author Topic: Want to help? Read this!  (Read 46933 times)

Offline krakr

Re: Want to help? Read this!
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2015, 05:16:06 PM »
Just until the next version of Ren'Py comes out, you'll also have to update Ren'Py to per-release channel after grabbing the latest version, we are using some features that are not in the release version yet.

Otherwise it will work as long as you download a couple of packs as well, there are instructions couple of posts back.

Well, some of it is checked elsewhere but most of the report is built by one function that contains all checks and texts, all extra info from stuff that happened elsewhere is passed to it. At this moment we do two checks for this job, one is for beauty and the other for skill but you don't have to write the texts for everything, just roll with whatever you feel like (aka don't kill the creative process with rules/demands while on the roll :D ).

K got latest master working.

I'd prefer to know the existing structure. the fuck texts are no big deal, as a laundry list of sexting partners could tell you  :P

If you have beauty & skill calls already, I can write versions for all combos, well at least ugly>OK>Supermodel & can't fuck>OK>sex goddess.

Just wondering if that would fit your structure or if beauty and talent should be separate. From a players perspective, the pre-combined versions would be much better, but IDK if you can get the code to identify everything & choose the proper text. I hope that wouldn't create a huge amount of work for you, but I'm willing to do it that way. I would need to write 9 texts per event type. More than that once you bring the caste system back, but It's not that huge a project I forgot you nixed caste for now. When you bring it back, a separate txt call for each caste would be sufficient I think, no real need to edit or redo the actual fuck text. I'll remember to exclude mention of customer clothing/wealth etc. in the fuck txt .

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
If you have beauty & skill calls already, I can write versions for all combos, well at least ugly>OK>Supermodel & can't fuck>OK>sex goddess.

Note that if a customer dislikes the girls completely, act will never happen, so there will not be a report (can't f*ck ==> preferable to fucking a harpy (used to be horse but Dark must have changed it :) )).

Code: [Select]
self.txt.append("The customer was unimpressed by %s looks, to say at least. Still, he preferred fucking her over a harpy. Hearing that from him however, was not encouraging for the poor girl at all..." %self.worker.name)
Just wondering if that would fit your structure or if beauty and talent should be separate. From a players perspective, the pre-combined versions would be much better, but IDK if you can get the code to identify everything & choose the proper text. I hope that wouldn't create a huge amount of work for you, but I'm willing to do it that way.

Rewriting the code for pre-combined versions will take 10 - 20 minutes...

I would need to write 9 texts per event type. More than that once you bring the caste system back, but It's not that huge a project I forgot you nixed caste for now. When you bring it back, a separate txt call for each caste would be sufficient I think, no real need to edit or redo the actual fuck text. I'll remember to exclude mention of customer clothing/wealth etc. in the fuck txt .

We do this:

- Stat (here beauty) texts for the entire Job.
- Skill (here a range of sex skills) texts for the entire Job.
- Act description.

+ Other stuff like events/traits/cash and etc.

Problem with pre-combined is that it's really hard to write, with everything split, we can have the game choosing from multiple options when constructing the event reports. Seems simpler with shorter texts on one hand and more coherent with pre-combined texts on the other. We used to have pre-combined btw, we switched to split once because those were easier to write without dedicated writers.
Like what we're doing?

Offline krakr

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
[snip]

Problem with pre-combined is that it's really hard to write, with everything split, we can have the game choosing from multiple options when constructing the event reports. Seems simpler with shorter texts on one hand and more coherent with pre-combined texts on the other. We used to have pre-combined btw, we switched to split once because those were easier to write without dedicated writers.

I'll take that as a "fuck yeah I'll take the pre-combined option". I can see why, without a writer, you would go the other route though.
Like I mentioned, 9 txts per action. 3 fewer if low CHA will never be used.

If you let me know the naming structure you would like to use, I can make individual prenamed files & zip them then attach as I finish a category. That way you can test them before I get too far into it.
I would suggest #_#_fuck.txt for example where the first # denotes stat & 2nd # denotes skill That way it's all logical. 3_3_fuck.txt would be high cha/skill obviously.
Sound like a plan?
I'm attaching the one I did for doggy style. the one for anal doggy would be 3_3_anal_doggy.txt & 3_3_lez_doggy.txt for lesbo strap-on play. I'll have to think about the Les thing a bit, you'll need 2 for each, 1 with whore fucking, other being fucked. IDK if there are limits to how many characters you can use in naming though, so for now I'll just keep plonking away on my master doc.

[update] finished the hetero 3_3's, thinking of abbreviating them further, S for sex, A, Anal so 3_3_S_m.txt would be missionary 3/3 would keep all names under 8 chars lol dunno if you'll port this for non-windows, but that would prolly help. Don't know if you'll use different positions or not, you could use a wildcard to pull from the available positions I assume. Would make it a tad more random from player's perspective. Did 3 per sex act, missionary,doggy,upright. for oral, standing, laying, 69.
Added 9 texts to attachment

quick question regarding female customers. will the customer's sex be in the {customer} link? I wouldn't want to write "female {customer}" in a Lesbo text if it will already be there.
Also, is it worth it to bother with a medium beauty, Highly skilled txt?  I don't recall ever being in a situation like that in the Alpha, CHA & refinement are so much easier to come by than skills are.
I'll hold off on that unless you need it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:27:14 PM by krakr »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2015, 02:52:52 AM »
Note that if a customer dislikes the girls completely, act will never happen, so there will not be a report (can't f*ck ==> preferable to fucking a harpy (used to be horse but Dark must have changed it :) )).
Yeah, it goes well together with some pieces of lore provided by mobs descriptions  :)

Also, is it worth it to bother with a medium beauty, Highly skilled txt?  I don't recall ever being in a situation like that in the Alpha, CHA & refinement are so much easier to come by than skills are.
It's because we didn't have presetted high level characters in alpha and different speed of acquiring skills, I mean everyone in the game started with level 1, and progressed more or less identically.

It won't be the case in next releases, so ideally we could use all kinds of texts.

will the customer's sex be in the {customer} link? I wouldn't want to write "female {customer}" in a Lesbo text if it will already be there.
It doesn't matter much, we always can change it to adapt it to your texts.
Moreover, customers have random names, so you can use them if you want to. And we can run checks for gender anywhere, so you can freely use any pronouns like he/she, his/her.

Don't know if you'll use different positions or not, you could use a wildcard to pull from the available positions I assume.
At first we select act (like vaginal or anal), then we check what kinds of positions the character has for this act, and pick one of them randomly.

In fact, you can download jobs file from this post if you curious about the structure of acts, it goes under "# Whore Job  #" line. All existing lines are there.

Offline krakr

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2015, 08:37:42 AM »
Thanks DarkTI  got the jobs file.  Seems I need spooning & onside texts as well.

Interested in any feedback you have as far as content & naming convention.

Quick question, aren't "onside" & "spooning" the same thing? Believe me, onside face to face is a horrible position unless maybe you got a foot long cock.
Would rather replace that with reverse cowgirl.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:34:05 AM by krakr »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
Interested in any feedback you have as far as content & naming convention.
They are awesome  :)
No complains from me.

Quick question, aren't "onside" & "spooning" the same thing? Believe me, onside face to face is a horrible position unless maybe you got a foot long cock.
You should ask Xela, it was his idea to add spooning... Wanted to add a dirty joke here, but by huge effort of will resisted the urge  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »
I am pretty sure I based that stuff on tags, look at your own tag design... if it's no longer valid, remove it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
I am pretty sure I based that stuff on tags, look at your own tag design... if it's no longer valid, remove it.
I never had problems with those two, I mean, I kinda used those tags for rather different pictures and both were similaly common... But maybe I was wrong all the time and imagined something different under "onside" position :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:27:31 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2015, 10:33:04 AM »
Nope, the initial set of poses tags was developed by you, Xela. Back then it was Rudi who wrote our first tagger, I even wasn't involved. I did it later, before writing my own tagger, and used poses tags that we already had.

Here is one of your posts about it.

It's pointless to remove it, we use it in packs. Might as well keep it for variety, if you don't remember why you wanted it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:10:28 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »
I never had problems with those two, I mean, I kinda used those tags for rather different pictures and both were similaly common... But maybe I was wrong all the time and imagined something different under "onside" position :)
I often had the same doubts  :D
But nah, it's a very minor thing.

Offline krakr

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »
k, I did 19 3_3 hetero txts 6 each anal & vaginal, 7 oral -seperate titjobs for flat & busty
Final draft.

they have the following positions:

Lower case is position:
u-Upright (standing) (kneeling whore standing john for BJ),
m-Missionary,
d-Doggy,
c-Cowgirl,
l-Laying,
h-heisman,* (spooning)
pb-paizuri big tits,
ps-paizuri small tits,
rc-reverse cowgirl
b-bukake
f-footjob

*heisman trophy figure if it were laid on it's side, is hilariously perfectly set up to fuck spooning style.

I included a breakdown of the naming style I used in the README.txt that will acompany all the zips I make

Since reverse cowgirl is the only one not already listed in the existing jobs, will that cause issues with images?
I forgot to take that into consideration  :-[

On the lesbian question, will I need txt's mirroring all the straight sex acts?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
I'm afraid tags don't support reverse part, we cannot tell if it's reverse or not. We'll have to skip these details.

Lesbians have stuff like fingering and licking, which could use unique texts anyway. As for mirroring, if I understood your question correctly,  doggy straight ~ doggy with strapon, yeah. But for example in 3_3_doggy you have lines
used her well trained vaginal muscles to milk his cock as he fucked her
One can hardly milk a strapon. Though I'm aware of models that contain liquid inside, but it's probably useless to do so during whore job, since the client won't feel it.

Offline krakr

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2015, 04:16:32 PM »
Lesbians have stuff like fingering and licking, which could use unique texts anyway. As for mirroring, if I understood your question correctly,  doggy straight ~ doggy with strapon, yeah. But for example in 3_3_doggy you have lines One can hardly milk a strapon. Though I'm aware of models that contain liquid inside, but it's probably useless to do so during whore job, since the client won't feel it.

LMAO I wasn't trying to be *quite* that specific. Just position-wise

Shit this is becoming a crapload bigger by the minute.
But if I can get rid of reverse cowgirl, that's a few less anyway.
Let me ask this then, will there even be a need for texts for ugly chicks? That would let me off the hook for 57 hetero & 93 lesbo at least,  I already have to double les sex & anal for whore fucker whore fuckee.
I'm working the 3_2's atm then the 3_1's (which will wind up with a lot of slapping & verbal abuse lol). then on to the 2_'s

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
Shit this is becoming a crapload bigger by the minute.

I told you that we dropped this approach due to workload...

Let me ask this then, will there even be a need for texts for ugly chicks? That would let me off the hook for 57 hetero & 93 lesbo at least,  I already have to double les sex & anal for whore fucker whore fuckee.

Prolly, but logic can be adapted really easily and expanded in the future if needs be, You're working with three options now (right?): Fugly/Average/Pretty + Noob/Average/Skilled. I think that the least required...

With a simpler system like ours right now (split texts), we can afford 5 - 6 skill/stats levels each possible with multiple options for each, we will still be under 30 options for the entire Job! Just one, maybe two texts per act completes it (with lot of acts it shouldn't be too repetitive). Quality obviously suffers at the price of simplicity.
===

Also there is no reason for there being just the one system or the other, we can easily support both. If you get bored with Jobs, you can always take a look at Interactions :) Plus there is no rush for this of any kind, we are in the middle of refactoring BE and need to wrap up businesses + rewrite SE before we can release. Not to mention smaller issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline krakr

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »
3_2 hetero done
Beautiful/Semi-skilled
3_1 will be fun

I looked through Interactions a bit, but not sure what I can do there. I assume those are the interactions from "look for girls" or whatever from the Alpha?
I'll have to look again, haven't been getting enough sleep, so I'm running about 70% no matter what I do  :'(