devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025077 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »
If that is your plan... adding new jobs was prolly a bad idea :)

Better start slow and make existing jobs interesting and eventful and then expand, I hope you have the motivation to give WM a proper makeover. On the other hand, since you are not forcing players to put girls on any particular jobs like Future did in EX, more jobs are not a big issue.
Maybe it was idk new to this but its very much a work in progress and could change.  Most of the jobs I've added right now was to learn how to code them to work how I wanted.  And I would never force people to use any job they didn't want.  The game is called whore master that means whores should be the focus of the game and I plan to leave it that way whore jobs will always get 1st dibs on custmoers.  I just want to make other jobs worth using for people who want to use them cause as it is now they really are a waste of time when a girl could be making 10x as much whoring.  As your working on a game yourself does my plan make sense?  Do you think it would help the game?  I was planning on reworking the current jobs slowly maybe like 1 per new patch if that often, while I added the jobs I wanted to see what people thought about them.  If people don't really like the way I do jobs then I will just not mess with current jobs until a later date.

Other then that .04 is in a good enough state to release I feel want to test the arena girls out to try and find a nice balance for the job before I try to hard to switch it to a new building.  Gotta do a test run to make sure nothing major is broke. So maybe tonight maybe tomorrow night not sure yet.

Offline crazy

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2012, 06:58:20 AM »
Okay releasing .04 a lot of new things check 1st post for all the details.  Also .04 doesn't have anon's changes to it.  Didn't feel I had them working right so didn't use them..  If you download the test of his changes that I put out and it worked fine let me know.  Otherwise I will look back at his changes again at a later date.  Might just do 2 release one with his changes one without as I like the normal 800x600 screen.

Here is how to change girls to arena.  Open the .girlsx file in notepad or something like that and it should look something like this.  Now go down to status and change that to arena.
<Girl
        Name="LadyDevimon"
        Desc="-"
        Charisma="80"
        Happiness="100"
        Libido="20"
        Constitution="60"
        Intelligence="60"
        Confidence="40"
        Mana="60"
        Agility="60"
        Fame="0"
        Level="0"
        AskPrice="0"
        House="60"
        Exp="0"
        Age="100"
        Status="Normal">  (delete what ever is there and put Arena)
What you open will be longer I deleted some of it to shorten the post.  I packed it with 2 girls I made for the arena for this release I'll added more later on.

Link- http://www.mediafire.com/?eft5aufqmygqd5u

Will update SC later today.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:00:16 AM by crazy »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
In my mind, here is a map:

1st Gen: Slave Maker (Original), SimBrothel (Original)

Both game came out at about the same time (or at the very least it seemed to me that way).
  SimBro focused on developing a lot of girls simultaneously and gain profit from their work. There were rewards (Jokers). Schools to train girls so they can preform better and a very decent interface.
  Slave Maker in turn focused on one girl and 'depth' of interactions and story.
  Both games featured well known Anime/Game characters, stat raising system and etc.
  In my opinion SimBro was better as SlaveMaker quickly turned into 'clickfest'.

2nd Gen: Slave Maker (2,3), WM

Slave Maker simply built up on content, rather a large mistake in my opinion as quests became to complex and micro unmanageable.
  WM did a lot better job, some decent events and texts, good picture handling, multiple brothels you could name, interactive dungeon, catacombs/fighting, interaction with girls in brothel and etc. Great concepts that were never really finished or fully though through, possibly because of high time/skill demands of C++ developing environment.

3rd Gen: Otherworld, SimBro Rebirth, SimBro 1x.

1) From what I've seen so far Otherworld has the most potential, game is somewhere between WM/SlaveMaker girlswise, micro is very manageable, great items system and a very dedicated developer.

2) SimBro Rebirth, something I though about myself, RPG based Brothel simulator but I dropped the idea because as you put more and more time into the game, it will become more of an RPG and less and less about brothel management, the thing is that RPG Maker offers to many tools to make RPG element more interesting and to few to make the actual brothel less boring. It might still turn into a good game thou, we'll live and see. I doubt it will become a sim indie and not RPG game thou...

3) SimBro 1x is also a decent development, meeting girls in a great amount of places in the city is a good concept. Loads of buildings, rooms for those buildings, upgrades for those rooms are all good concepts. Client 'preferences' is also a smart addon and job event system is decent as well. Dialogues during encounter with girls are also a great addon. Basically this could be a very good game if it featured some decent GUI/Graphics but that isn't a case so...

The game is called whore master that means whores should be the focus of the game and I plan to leave it that way whore jobs will always get 1st dibs on custmoers.

No arguments there. Other interesting jobs can be developed thou, there is no point on fixating on 'whore' type completely since WM is a kind of 2nd gen to original SimBro and they fixated on Whore job.

I just want to make other jobs worth using for people who want to use them cause as it is now they really are a waste of time when a girl could be making 10x as much whoring.  As your working on a game yourself does my plan make sense?  Do you think it would help the game?

I am not positive on if it can help the game but it should in no way make WM worse. I think that to revive original WM, new futures have to be added to match some functions of newer games, so if the idea is to make WM more interesting adding new stuff like a new location: Arena or similar to SimBro 1x 'meet girls' - 'talk' - 'date' - 'give gifts' - 'have sex' - 'hire' sequences, set in random places on the map and backed with some graphics/interfaces and similar new additions will make WM more interesting. The thing is that it is usually an opinion of hardcore programmers that WM is easier to start anew if you want to add those things...

I think the real value in patch you're coding is to bring some kind of finality to the game. WM development was abandoned while some really obvious improvements still could be made to the game and some of those were implemented by many modders. Combining all those mods into one patch is a very good/useful cause. In my opinion adding new jobs/traits/items to the game is secondary unless you're planning some serious changes to interface and interactions as well BUT we're circling back to original point, it's very difficult task to code in C++ and improve upon original code in WM...

I was planning on reworking the current jobs slowly maybe like 1 per new patch if that often, while I added the jobs I wanted to see what people thought about them.  If people don't really like the way I do jobs then I will just not mess with current jobs until a later date.

Other then that .04 is in a good enough state to release I feel want to test the arena girls out to try and find a nice balance for the job before I try to hard to switch it to a new building.  Gotta do a test run to make sure nothing major is broke. So maybe tonight maybe tomorrow night not sure yet.

Okay releasing .04 a lot of new things check 1st post for all the details.  Also .04 doesn't have anon's changes to it.  Didn't feel I had them working right so didn't use them..  If you download the test of his changes that I put out and it worked fine let me know.  Otherwise I will look back at his changes again at a later date.  Might just do 2 release one with his changes one without as I like the normal 800x600 screen.

Here is how to change girls to arena.  Open the .girlsx file in notepad or something like that and it should look something like this.  Now go down to status and change that to arena.
<Girl
        Name="LadyDevimon"
        Desc="-"
        Charisma="80"
        Happiness="100"
        Libido="20"
        Constitution="60"
        Intelligence="60"
        Confidence="40"
        Mana="60"
        Agility="60"
        Fame="0"
        Level="0"
        AskPrice="0"
        House="60"
        Exp="0"
        Age="100"
        Status="Normal">  (delete what ever is there and put Arena)
What you open will be longer I deleted some of it to shorten the post.  I packed it with 2 girls I made for the arena for this release I'll added more later on.

Link- http://www.mediafire.com/?eft5aufqmygqd5u

I missed 0.3 due to lack of time but I will definitely try 0.4 and give you feedback, to bad about anon's mod but I hope you managed to show correct pictures on interactions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline akab

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Thank you for the 04 release ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »

Now I feel like an ass  :-[

Thanks for all the hard work!
Like what we're doing?

Offline akab

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »

Hello, I wanted to tell you that the Source Code version that you posted is a little older than the one you posted as compiled.
Particularly in the doungeon screen, in the compiled version you see a image of the girl, but if you recompile the source code no.

If you leave all the playable version of the file and change only the executable is this the result you get.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
Hello, I wanted to tell you that the Source Code version that you posted is a little older than the one you posted as compiled.
Particularly in the doungeon screen, in the compiled version you see a image of the girl, but if you recompile the source code no.

If you leave all the playable version of the file and change only the executable is this the result you get.

He is aware of that  ???

Like what we're doing?

Offline akab

« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
Ops ... I am sorry, I did not check the dates of SC and relaese 0.4 :'(

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
Hey, thank you (Crazy) for releasing the new material.  However, after I downloaded, unpacked, and implanted .04, WM has begun to crash whenever it
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
Hey, thank you (Crazy) for releasing the new material.  However, after I downloaded, unpacked, and implanted .04, WM has begun to crash whenever it

Never mind, I figured out and solved the problem.  Sorry to bother you.  Great work on the material, though!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
'kay, just a little complaint here... why is there sex movies, bestiality movies, lesbian movies, but no group movies?
Also, could you make it possible to give a title to each movie?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:29:52 PM by Eiri666 »

Offline crazy

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »
Now I feel like an ass  :-[

Thanks for all the hard work!
I asked for feedback you gave it and I agree with you.  I would love to added some of things the newer games are doing just don't have the skill right now so I'm doing what I can which is more simple stuff.  Down the road if I keep going at this and get the skill need this will be like a different game... if I ever get that good at coding.

Yw.  Let me know if there is any problems.
Ops ... I am sorry, I did not check the dates of SC and relaese 0.4 :'(
No problem as I don't date SC you couldn't have know.  When I upload it I will date it and start doing a better job of letting keep things dated.
'kay, just a little complaint here... why is there sex movies, bestiality movies, lesbian movies, but no group movies?
Also, could you make it possible to give a title to each movie?
I did some changes to movies but they are still very much what senza made.  That said I will look at adding group movies for .05.  I'll look at the title suggestion but idk if its possible I'm sure someone could do it just not sure if I can but I will look at it for sure and add it to my list of things TODO.

Any feedback on new jobs or if I should use the underwear item type would be great.  That said not sure what I'll get any work done tonight might be playing aika's mod instead of working on mine lol.

Updated SC posted.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:21:14 PM by crazy »

Offline Aika

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
Hey Crazy, I found an answer to the streetwork problem. In WorkBrothelWhore.cpp, starting with line 156 should be:
Code: [Select]
if(bStreetWork)       
    {
        float modifier = (float)2 / 3;
        NumCusts = static_cast<int>((float)NumCusts * modifier);
        AskPrice = static_cast<int>((float)AskPrice * modifier);
    }
As it is, when the game modifies the NumCusts and Askprice variables, it ends up multiplying them by the integer 2/3... This causes the problem since when 2/3 is converted to an integer it converts to 0.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
I got the skin (it's even better than it looks on pictures) but it's in Russian and that cannot be edited without having the original art :( I sent him another request for photoshop files, I hope he still has them...
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
Hey Crazy, I found an answer to the streetwork problem. In WorkBrothelWhore.cpp, starting with line 156 should be:
Code: [Select]
if(bStreetWork)       
    {
        float modifier = (float)2 / 3;
        NumCusts = static_cast<int>((float)NumCusts * modifier);
        AskPrice = static_cast<int>((float)AskPrice * modifier);
    }
As it is, when the game modifies the NumCusts and Askprice variables, it ends up multiplying them by the integer 2/3... This causes the problem since when 2/3 is converted to an integer it converts to 0.
Thanks for the help.
I got the skin (it's even better than it looks on pictures) but it's in Russian and that cannot be edited without having the original art :( I sent him another request for photoshop files, I hope he still has them...
Let's hope would like to try it out.