Author Topic: Incorporeal, Tireless, Invulnerable  (Read 8725 times)

Offline Anon21

Incorporeal, Tireless, Invulnerable
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:53:43 AM »
Here are my ideas on changing the Incorporeal trait and the two new traits I'm thinking about adding.

Incorporeal literally means 'without body/form'. What's the use of an Incorporeal whore? All she could manage would be a strip-tease.  So I'm going to change it so that she can become incorporeal at will. If a customer wants to rape her she can just 'fade out' and be perfectly safe. But in battles she has to be corporeal to _do_ damage, so she is at some risk of taking damage as well. I think it could be changed so any time she is attacked in combat there is a 2/3 chance she turns incorporeal in time and avoids all damage. Other than that, she would be at the same risk of disease and tiredness as the other girls.

Tireless. Like the name says. Tiredness always is zero. Can still be injured or killed.

Invulnerable. Laughs off any hit, magic or disease. Can still become tired. Battles can end in draws (because invulnerable doesn't mean you are super strong or agile).

Offline fires_flair

Re: Incorporeal, Tireless, Invulnerable
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
sounds good

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
 Would it be possible just to leave Incorporeal but make her vulnerable to magical attacks? Maybe you can also arrange for high level monsters (if such exist) to do -20% of normal damage as well (we'll assume that they are experienced enough to augment every attack with magic...).

I hated Incorporeal trait since someone captured an Incorporeal girl who got pissed at me in the dungeon and killed 4 of my best gangs, beating the crap out of "Player" in the process :D

What you think about the above?

I am frantically reading every book and listen to every video I can find on C++ while I am on vacation so with any luck, I'll be able to help you out a bit in the future. Also there is talk on Russian forums about taking over development of WM to create a good and complete Russian version, I think there are two decent programmers who are interested at the very least. I think they've even asked Necros for permission already :) Maybe we'll see some new changes after all (they seem nice enough to share the code (if anything gets done that it and it's just not random talks)).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »
Let's reply in reverse order. ;-)

Also there is talk on Russian forums about taking over development of WM to create a good and complete Russian version, I think there are two decent programmers who are interested at the very least. I think they've even asked Necros for permission already. Maybe we'll see some new changes after all (they seem nice enough to share the code (if anything gets done that it and it's just not random talks)).

That's very interesting. I can't read a word of Russian, but if they start producing code please let me know where it is, 'K? If they introduce formal multi-language support I might do something towards a Japanese version.

Would it be possible just to leave Incorporeal but make her vulnerable to magical attacks? Maybe you can also arrange for high level monsters (if such exist) to do -20% of normal damage as well (we'll assume that they are experienced enough to augment every attack with magic...).
Hmm, that's certainly doable. Well, the high-level monster thing is probably more effort than it's worth but the other could be managed. It would probably leave them actually more vulnerable than under the scheme I was planning, though.

I hated Incorporeal trait since someone captured an Incorporeal girl who got pissed at me in the dungeon and killed 4 of my best gangs, beating the crap out of "Player" in the process

Ha-ha. How could you even torture an Incorporeal girl anyway? Play Barry Manilow all night or something?

I am frantically reading every book and listen to every video I can find on C++ while I am on vacation so with any luck, I'll be able to help you out a bit in the future.

I'm a very amateur programmer myself. Much of the time I just see how it's done elsewhere and copy and adapt.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »
That's very interesting. I can't read a word of Russian, but if they start producing code please let me know where it is, 'K? If they introduce formal multi-language support I might do something towards a Japanese version.
Hmm, that's certainly doable. Well, the high-level monster thing is probably more effort than it's worth but the other could be managed. It would probably leave them actually more vulnerable than under the scheme I was planning, though.

They managed to translate most of the game. I believe traits, items and girls descriptions are still in English but most of the ingame text, events, buttons, intro and so on has already been translated long time ago. They are still talking about how to approach the game, apparently there is a whole bunch of unfinished code like gladiatorial games between girls and new events that were left half way done but never finished. Either they will finish all of that first or start coding new stuff ( if they do anything at all). Right now they are looking for photoshop expert... I'll ask for code updates if the project takes off.

Ha-ha. How could you even torture an Incorporeal girl anyway? Play Barry Manilow all night or something?

:D

In WM universe? You use magic I suppose, or a magic augmented whip. Just like in chronotrigger where you cannot hit incorporeal monsters with any kind of weapons but can tear them apart with magic.

I'm a very amateur programmer myself. Much of the time I just see how it's done elsewhere and copy and adapt.

Seems you've done more than that already... I can disagree with your judgement of your programming skills but I am not going to argue with you. Best I can figure out right now is Tic Tac Toe  :'( but I'll try to improve.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
I like the ideas in your first post but they could pose a problem; unless it's incorporated into the editor that comes with the game the new traits could be hard or not worth adding to girls for people that don't want to or don't know how to alter the XML without issues.

I wouldn't mind trying to figure it out, but I thought that I'd mention it because I think the majority of people who play wouldn't want to touch the coding at all.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Claytod

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
I like the ideas in your first post but they could pose a problem; unless it's incorporated into the editor that comes with the game the new traits could be hard or not worth adding to girls for people that don't want to or don't know how to alter the XML without issues.

I wouldn't mind trying to figure it out, but I thought that I'd mention it because I think the majority of people who play wouldn't want to touch the coding at all.
My policy is that if you don't know what you're messing with, don't mess with it bro. 8)

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:53 AM »
My policy is that if you don't know what you're messing with, don't mess with it bro. 8)

That's true, and I try not to mess with stuff unless I find a need to...and in that case I make back-ups of course. What I mean is that most of the girls added by people, (including myself,) in the User Mods section are made with the editor to make the girlsx and rgirlsx files. So if he was to add the 2 new traits very few people would know how to add them in the XML manually.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline crazy

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »
They are still talking about how to approach the game, apparently there is a whole bunch of unfinished code like gladiatorial games between girls and new events that were left half way done but never finished. Either they will finish all of that first or start coding new stuff ( if they do anything at all). Right now they are looking for photoshop expert... I'll ask for code updates if the project takes off.
If you look at cJobManger.cpp you can see that there is alot of jobs that were planed but never coded I think they were going go along with building managment which you can read about here http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=215.0 and it would have changed the game a great deal for the better.  Personal im still in hopes Doc comes back to finish the building managment code if so maybe someone will add those jobs.  Open the game and his shift-u and you can bring up the screen for building managment it does nothing but it helps give the ideal of where the game was going.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 04:03:53 AM »
What I mean is that most of the girls added by people, (including myself,) in the User Mods section are made with the editor to make the girlsx and rgirlsx files. So if he was to add the 2 new traits very few people would know how to add them in the XML manually.

There's an editor?  :D

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 04:28:58 AM »
There's an editor?  :D

Haha, Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor. It's how us below amateur coders managed to make girls and items.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:45:52 AM by Mak »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »
Haha, Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor. It's how us below amateur coders managed to make girls and items.

Seriously, does WMEdit.exe come as source code anywhere? That would be the obvious answer to your problem.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:21 AM »
I'm not sure on that, but I believe it was made by Solo761. I think he might still be a little active, so sending him a PM if you wanted to take a look at it would probably be the best choice; if I recall he's an Admin.

Offline crazy

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 05:23:51 AM »
Seriously, does WMEdit.exe come as source code anywhere? That would be the obvious answer to your problem.
They talked about putting it up on the SVN and i think they did.  There is a WMEdit in the trunk on it so maybe thats what your looking for.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »
They talked about putting it up on the SVN and i think they did.  There is a WMEdit in the trunk on it so maybe that's what your looking for.
Yup. You're right. Only problem is that it is written in C# not C++.