PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

BE logic

<< < (2/10) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 12, 2015, 01:51:43 AM ---What do you think about chance to hit?

--- End quote ---

Dodging might be fun, definitely something to consider, should prolly be agility based, maybe some items as well.

DarkTl:
Wait a sec. Enemies never become poisoned. The poison damages them only once, without any noticeable messages in the battle log, like poison resist. Is it a bug?

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on November 13, 2015, 06:41:30 AM ---Wait a sec. Enemies never become poisoned. The poison damages them only once, without any noticeable messages in the battle log, like poison resist. Is it a bug?

--- End quote ---

If that is a fact, it is definitely a bug. I've coded poison to work as an attack on application and as an event executed before the target takes his/her turn. I have tested it thoroughly before pushing the code and it was working as intended, even when characters resisted poison logic and reports were still sound.

One thing to keep in mind is that Ren'Py is changing and evolving usually for the better. As I know it's inner code, I often use modules that are not "officiilally" exposed to developers and are subject to a change (however unlikely). So there is always a chance that my old code will not function as intended in modern Ren'Py, any issues that got to be fixed will take less then one line of rewriting to have them working again. I just need to know what is failing atm...

DarkTl:
I tested it via our single BasicPoisonSpell. It damages the target only once and never gives them damage over time. It is supposed to tell "%s not skilled enough to poison %s!" when failed, but it's not (especially since testing target couldn't possibly resist it with its stats).

Xela:
Well... it was working before :)

I'll take a look at it and the BE in general tonight, maybe run it through SimPy if that is possible. I need a short break from Jobs code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version