devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938072 times)

Offline Yukinohki

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .05t.03
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
*bows down before the master*
I love you (in a non creepy way).

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »
I am almost done reflowing the Movie Studio.
I only need to make the camera and crystal jobs work independently from the other crew jobs so the Director can assign someone to them if they are unassigned or refused.

(So far most of these changes only apply to the movie director)
 - The Matrons will be much more intelligent than before.
 -  - If the matron's health or tiredness is bad, she can 'borrow' some potions to fix herself a bit.
 -  - The matron will only take herself off duty if she just gave birth or her (health<10 and tiredness>90)
 -  - Matrons will go back to work when they are better than 50% rather than the 80h/20t that she will put the other girls back to work at.
 -  - The matrons now put girls back to work at the start of the shift and take them off as the last thing in the shift.
 -  - Matron pay is now ((service*2 + 'how many girls there are in the building'*2) instead of 200+(service*2).

- Studio jobs now use the new "SlavePayOutOfPocket" in the config.xml to allow you to pay slaves based on their house percent instead of full wages for jobs that normally get paid directly from you. (true=full,  false=house%)
 -  - (technically, all jobs now use this, but only studio jobs have the text showing that is happens.)
 - girls stealing has been improved so you may need to keep an eye on them more. (especially those addicts)

I also plan on reworking the way all the buildings work but for now I am just doing the things that are the same across all the buildings.
The movie studio is the easy building as it only has 1 shift and all the jobs can be flowed in sequence.
I am doing the movie studio completely first so I can fine tune the way I want to do the other buildings which will be done in stages.

I will push .06.00.00 when I finish the studio. (hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:39:10 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »
-  - Matron pay is now ((service*2 + 'how many girls there are in the building'*2) instead of 200+(service*2).

So 2 gold per girl? I like this system of her pay depending on the amount of girls and consequently the amount of work the matron has, but isn't that a little too... little? If you've got 10 girls that's 20 gold. By the time you have 100 girls, thus reaching the previous base pay of 200 gold aside from the service payment, gold is a non-issue.
IMO, keep the base pay of 200 AND make the bonus payment something like 20 gold per girl.
I'm also slightly  confused as to why the matron payment is dependant on her service skill.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
So 2 gold per girl? I like this system of her pay depending on the amount of girls and consequently the amount of work the matron has, but isn't that a little too... little? If you've got 10 girls that's 20 gold. By the time you have 100 girls, thus reaching the previous base pay of 200 gold aside from the service payment, gold is a non-issue.
IMO, keep the base pay of 200 AND make the bonus payment something like 20 gold per girl.
I'm also slightly  confused as to why the matron payment is dependant on her service skill.
I used service because that is what it was before I got here.
It was 200 + service*2 allowing for a range of 200 to 400.
When I first changed it, I considered increasing the gold per girl but could not decide on how much, so I just left it at 2.
I can increase it but to what? 5 per girl? 10 per? 20?
I could make it something like  ((service/10)*girls)  so the higher the girls service the more she gets paid per girl in the building.
But then should it be (service/10)? (service/5)? (service/20)? or some other skill or stat?
Charisma? Intelligence? Confidence? Performance? (Lesbian?)
Traits could be added in too.

There are really thousands of ways to do it, suggest a few, something that is not too cheap or too expensive.

Keep in mind that the Matrons of each building will have a lot to do and will be able to do a lot more than most of the other girls.
But also remember, the Matron job can only be filled by free girls so they always get paid the full amount.
How much would you pay someone to delegate the handling of all the girls in your business?

Finished rewriting the movie studio and part of that was the matron pay, this is what I ended up with:
Code: [Select]
    girl->m_Pay = int(float( 100.0 +
   (((   girl->get_skill(SKILL_SERVICE) + girl->get_stat(STAT_CHARISMA) + girl->get_stat(STAT_INTELLIGENCE) +
              girl->get_stat(STAT_CONFIDENCE) + girl->get_skill(SKILL_MEDICINE) + 50
         ) / 50 ) * numgirls ) * cfg.out_fact.matron_wages() ));
This will give a minimum of 101 for the worst Matron alone in a building, and 1-11 per girl depending on her skills.
100 girls would earn the best matron 1200 gold per week paid directly from you.
At the end of that is the config.xml multiplier if you want to tweak it yourself.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:57:26 AM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:34 AM »
I used service because that is what it was before I got here.
It might be the sensible option, it's just that service is a skill that was used in relation to the girl servicing others. It served the purpose of oral, handjob and so forth before you actually added those skills proper.

Keep in mind that the Matrons of each building will have a lot to do and will be able to do a lot more than most of the other girls.But also remember, the Matron job can only be filled by free girls so they always get paid the full amount.How much would you pay someone to delegate the handling of all the girls in your business?

A lot. She's basically your right-hand woman in a certain department.  The "manager" of your company, where you're the boss.

For now I will try:
100+(((Service + Charisma + Intelligence + Confidence + Medicine+50)/50)*girls)This will give a minimum of 101 for the worst Matron alone in a building, and 1-11 per girl depending on her skills.100 girls would earn the best matron 1200 gold per week paid directly from you.

I suppose it's best if you leave it at that and we look at how much she's earning and how much does that affect your gold total from a gameplay perspective. It should be fairly easy to just balance it out later.

Also, is there any way of affecting the "effectiveness" of a matron job, so she does it "better"? I wouldn't think there is, since it's just a hardcoded function with no variables, but maybe....
Asking about this in case of adding in traits that would affect the matron job. Something like "Boss".

"Medicine" is a skill now?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2014, 05:54:47 AM »
I updated the code part of my previous post to be the finished version of the matron pay.

"Medicine" is a skill now?

Has been for a while now.
It is used for Doctors, Nurses and a few other minor things.

Also, is there any way of affecting the "effectiveness" of a matron job, so she does it "better"? I wouldn't think there is, since it's just a hardcoded function with no variables, but maybe....
Asking about this in case of adding in traits that would affect the matron job. Something like "Boss".
You are going to love the new Film Director code  ;D .

Put 100 girls in the studio, assign 1 as the Director and hit next week.
She will assign every girl to a job, first the camera and crystal then the other crew, then all the actresses.
Actresses can even get assigned to a scene type somewhat based on her skills, but still random enough that she may not get assigned to her best skill.
Sex restrictions are taken into account for all automatic job assignments, for manual assignments they are not.
If you have camera or crystal and she refuses to work that job, the Director will turn the camera on her and make her be an actress for a week.
If your last camera or crystal refuses to work, the Director will assign another girl for that job for a week.

As I go over the rest of the buildings, all the matron jobs will be greatly improved.
.06.00.00 IS HERE
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:03:57 AM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »

Put 100 girls in the studio, assign 1 as the Director and hit next week.She will assign every girl to a job, first the camera and crystal then the other crew, then all the actresses.Actresses can even get assigned to a scene type somewhat based on her skills, but still random enough that she may not get assigned to her best skill.Sex restrictions are taken into account for all automatic job assignments, for manual assignments they are not.If you have camera or crystal and she refuses to work that job, the Director will turn the camera on her and make her be an actress for a week.If your last camera or crystal refuses to work, the Director will assign another girl for that job for a week.As I go over the rest of the buildings, all the matron jobs will be greatly improved.

God damn, this sounds like some advanced AI shit.

Are you a wizard?

Has been for a while now.
It is used for Doctors, Nurses and a few other minor things.

Shows me I should've actually updated to a new version of the game a long time ago.
Looks like I have more catching up to do than just version 6.0 alone. Great job on the release!

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
God damn, this sounds like some advanced AI shit.
Are you a wizard?
It is actually fairly simple really, I'll call it "The Rolling Flow".
Several loops that check and change all the girls then move on to the next loop.
Starting with the matron, then doing each job or group of jobs in a flowing line.
If a job affects another they get done in order.
The Studio was the easy one, the main brothels will be trickier.

Shows me I should've actually updated to a new version of the game a long time ago.
Looks like I have more catching up to do than just version 6.0 alone. Great job on the release!
A tip, unzip the new version and move your characters folder over.
Do not unzip the new version over top of the old, it will break things.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »
A tip, unzip the new version and move your characters folder over.
Do not unzip the new version over top of the old, it will break things.

Ah, no worries, I have experience with making sure nothing's broken. I did exactly what you said.
No crashes so far. Although for the life of me I can't figure out how to disable random girls completely...

EDIT: I can't believe I haven't asked about this AT ALL yet - but what's up with the stretched out enlarged bank icon image showing up at the introduction script when you start a new game?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:49:20 PM by 0nymous »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
EDIT: I can't believe I haven't asked about this AT ALL yet - but what's up with the stretched out enlarged bank icon image showing up at the introduction scrip when you start a new game?
In the interface folder, in the brothel_management.xml file, the default background image for the brothel management page is set with:
<Image    Name="Image"    File="bank.png"        XPos="8"    YPos="48"    Width="584"    Height="480"    />
When the game runs normally, the File is replaced with the individual background for each building.
The default is shown at the start of a new game because the first brothel has not loaded yet, therefore it has no background.
I changed it to File="building_mgt_bg.jpg" so it will look better in future versions.

Offline Mr.Slajf

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.00
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »
Hello everyone! been hovering around and with great joy been seeing this Creation come to.

Havent really had much to say more than thanks for all the work that you have put in this and i find it easy to get stuck in the game for long periods of time.

Anywho now i do seem to have some problems. Sure i admit i might have done something stupid thinking i was doing right. Everytime a child grows up the it stops and that game/round/save will never advance to next week. If anyone else have noticed this or know what i missed. I used WME on the rgirlsx for the new skills.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:33:04 AM by Mr.Slajf »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
Hello everyone! been hovering around and with great joy been seeing this Creation come to.

Havent really had much to say more than thanks for all the work that you have put in this and i find it easy to get stuck in the game for long periods of time.

Anywho now i do seem to have some problems. Sure i admit i might have done something stupid thinking i was doing right. Everytime a child grows up the it stops and that game/round/save will never advance to next week. If anyone else have noticed this or know what i missed. I used WME on the rgirlsx for the new skills.
There was a bug in the "child_is_grown" section that was crashing the game.
I fixed it and will push the fix shortly.

Offline Mr.Slajf

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »
There was a bug in the "child_is_grown" section that was crashing the game.
I fixed it and will push the fix shortly.

ahh I see!

Felt Little good to say (sorry) that it wasent just mine so i Effed it up :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2014, 03:44:19 AM »
I was getting ready to release .06.00.01 and was doing my last bug check when I found a MAJOR bug.
The brothel jobs do not process properly anymore.
The base changes I did for the new job flow, the starting part that I put into all the buildings, breaks the flow of the brothel jobs.
While they do work, the jobs that are processed with do_advertising, do_whorejobs and do_custjobs do the jobs but do not process the payment.
This only affects the brothels, not any of the other buildings.
This is the cause of reduced income you may have experienced in .06.00.00

When I get up tomorrow, I will either reflow the brothel or revert it back to before the basic reflowing.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2014, 06:15:04 AM »
Best of luck with bug splatting.

Also, thanks for making the poll; I was wondering if it wouldn't be rude of me to ask a "What now?" kind of question so soon after the last release, about what you're going to focus on next now that the main goal of 6.0 - the farm - is finished.

And a bit of a comment on that from myself - I think nailing down a final stat/skill system should be the top priority due to the simple reason of people making girl packs having a stable ground to work on. Should that system get a significant rework with new stats being added (and it needs one IMO) - all the current girl packs will be in need of updating once again. The sooner that gets out of the way, the lesser girls in packs will be obsolete when the patch hits.

I've had a... couple... of ideas...
All right, frankly, I've been compiling walls of text about how I'd like to see things working and what would make WM much more interesting to me and, by an extension, to the player base. 
I've only been hesitant to post it here, because I can't shake off the dreadful notion that makes me feel like a fat asshole sitting down on his golden throne dictating the course of the game to your poor coding self, while I contribute nothing tangible myself.
So I wanted to put some talent of mine to use first and do some script writing, for example. Nothing major so far - writing new scripts from scratch is a bit complicated, but learnable - but I could begin by re-writing the existing scripts to something more attractive... no offense meant to whoever wrote the scripts originally, but they are a bit on the... simplistic side (That "Ok, bye." everywhere is killing me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPep7tRbSq4).