Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937861 times)

Offline edgy98125

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.03 - Reuploaded
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:17 PM »
@aevojoey I just voted in the current version of the poll and wanted to be more specific about what my vote means. The way I play I have very strict guidelines about when a girl will and will not use the anti-pregnancy potions.  It would be nice if you could specify that she is not to use anti-preg potions for X weeks and then return to using them.  Along the same vain it would be nice if the anti-preg potion but not other methods such as sterilization or prophylactic rings had a failure rate.  Support for multiples would also be cool, but that might be a future thing.

Finally and maybe this already happens and i haven't noticed but it seems to me that the girls should have random side effects from giving birth.  +/- to happiness, loss of health, added tiredness, even more so if she miscarried.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:35:34 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.03 - Reuploaded
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
The way I play I have very strict guidelines about when a girl will and will not use the anti-pregnancy potions. 
It would be nice if you could specify that she is not to use anti-preg potions for X weeks and then return to using them. 
Not sure exactly what you mean by this.
Do you want her to try to get pregnant and if she does not after X weeks, she will give up and use the potions?

Currently if she is sterile, pregnant or on cool-down, she will not use them.
She will only use one if she has sex in a way that can cause pregnancy (normal, bdsm, group, beast).

You can tell a specific girl not to use them buy unchecking the box on the girl detail screen.

Along the same vain it would be nice if the anti-preg potion but not other methods such as sterilization or prophylactic rings had a failure rate.
That can be done.
I will add setting the anti-preg failure chance in config.xml for the next version.
Default will be 0.
Added

Support for multiples would also be cool, but that might be a future thing.
Actually, I am fairly close to be able to add that.
Probably not for the next version but soon.

Finally and maybe this already happens and i haven't noticed but it seems to me that the girls should have random side effects from giving birth.  +/- to happiness, loss of health, added tiredness, even more so if she miscarried.
While there are not hht effects with birth, there are some side effects to birth:
 - There is a (1+((100-health)/10))% chance of death with beast pregnancy.
 - There is a (5+((100-health)/10))% chance of sterility with beast pregnancy and (1+((100-health)/10))% for normal birth.
I will add some hht effects for the next version. Added
(corrected the math)

Miscarriage is currently only possible for tortured girls and girls who get attacked.
I can add still birth chance to the birthing section. Added
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:43:14 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2015, 08:50:30 PM »
Not sure exactly what you mean by this.
Do you want her to try to get pregnant and if she does not after X weeks, she will give up and use the potions?

Yes exactly, I typically have them use AP until they reach level 5, then at level 5 I take them off for two weeks, if they don't get pregnant I put them back on.  They continue this way until level 10, at which point it becomes 3 weeks.  So on and so forth.  Well once you are managing more than 20 girls it becomes hard to remember who is where.  So if there was a way to turn off AP for X weeks per girl that would be very useful.

As for all the rest...  well you rock  :D

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2015, 10:15:02 PM »
Yes exactly, I typically have them use AP until they reach level 5, then at level 5 I take them off for two weeks, if they don't get pregnant I put them back on.  They continue this way until level 10, at which point it becomes 3 weeks.  So on and so forth.  Well once you are managing more than 20 girls it becomes hard to remember who is where.  So if there was a way to turn off AP for X weeks per girl that would be very useful.
I'm not sure exactly how I would be able to do it without making it too complicated.
While it could be done, the practicality of it would be rather limited.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2015, 11:28:29 PM »
To be clear I am not asking you to enforce the rules that I employ just the ability to set the Anti Preg to Yes, No, or No X.  If this is database driven the X would be a second field probably an integer or your DBs equivalent of the Int type.

In the app when the user unchecks the box setting anti-preg to no, they can then move a slider for the number of weeks between Off and 9.  Off passes a -1 to the DB meaning it is off permanently (or at least until the box is rechecked) any other selection on the slider passes the number for the position you are set.  Each turn would then reduce the count by for any number > 0.  Once 0 is reached the app would restore a a yes answer to the anti-preg selection.  I assume that is a binary so it would just set the anti preg back to 1.  A limit of 9 weeks without seems reasonable as most girls will have become pregnant by then, and if not she is very lucky.

Just a thought.  I know it sounds like I could probably do this but the truth is I really cannot code at all which is crazy because I test software for a living  ??? .  I can write enough SQL to be dangerous, but not enough to be useful as a dev.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2015, 12:55:07 AM »
To be clear I am not asking you to enforce the rules that I employ just the ability to set the Anti Preg to Yes, No, or No X.  If this is database driven the X would be a second field probably an integer or your DBs equivalent of the Int type.

In the app when the user unchecks the box setting anti-preg to no, they can then move a slider for the number of weeks between Off and 9.  Off passes a -1 to the DB meaning it is off permanently (or at least until the box is rechecked) any other selection on the slider passes the number for the position you are set.  Each turn would then reduce the count by for any number > 0.  Once 0 is reached the app would restore a a yes answer to the anti-preg selection.  I assume that is a binary so it would just set the anti preg back to 1.  A limit of 9 weeks without seems reasonable as most girls will have become pregnant by then, and if not she is very lucky.

Just a thought.  I know it sounds like I could probably do this but the truth is I really cannot code at all which is crazy because I test software for a living  ??? .  I can write enough SQL to be dangerous, but not enough to be useful as a dev.
I'm not saying it will never happen just that I'm not sure how I would be able to do it.
Looking through the code, m_UseAntiPreg is currently a bool but can easily be changed to an int.
The internal code handling that is not the problem, adding a variable input is.
I will keep looking at it but I can't promise I will get to it any time soon.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
While there are not hht effects with birth, there are some side effects to birth:
 - There is a (1+(health/10))% chance of death with beast pregnancy.
 - There is a (5+(health/10))% % chance of sterility with beast pregnancy and (1+(health/10))% % for normal birth.
I will add some hht effects for the next version. Added
Is high health a negative thing, as in a girl is ill or not in good health if she has a high value in that variable? Because as I read those formulas having high health will increase the chance of negative effects.

Besides that it is nice to see those changes keep coming, thanks for your continued work.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Is high health a negative thing, as in a girl is ill or not in good health if she has a high value in that variable? Because as I read those formulas having high health will increase the chance of negative effects.

Besides that it is nice to see those changes keep coming, thanks for your continued work.
Sorry, I wrote that wrong in the post.
It is (# + ((100-health)/10))% not (# + (health/10))%.
I corrected it in the post.

I am creating new buttons for the game's first screen.
I like the original buttons but I can not recreate them well enough to add new options to match them so I am creating them from scratch.
I have finished the "Load Game" buttons that look ok but I am not an artist so they look rather plain.
I am making them overly large so they can be scaled better for different size interfaces.

If anyone can make better buttons, I'll take them.
So far I will need "New Game", "Load Game", "Quit Game", "Settings" and "Continue"
They all need an On and Off version.
"Load Game" and "Continue" will also need a Disabled Version.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:02:30 PM by aevojoey »

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.04
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »
.06.01.04 is out now

New buttons added to the main menu.
I made them myself but I am not an artist so they don't look too good. (someone else make some better ones).
The main menu and load game list have hotkeys now -> Hotkeys currently in the game

Several other fixes and additions.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »
I am creating new buttons for the game's first screen.
I like the original buttons but I can not recreate them well enough to add new options to match them so I am creating them from scratch.
I have finished the "Load Game" buttons that look ok but I am not an artist so they look rather plain.
I am making them overly large so they can be scaled better for different size interfaces.

If anyone can make better buttons, I'll take them.
So far I will need "New Game", "Load Game", "Quit Game", "Settings" and "Continue"
They all need an On and Off version.
"Load Game" and "Continue" will also need a Disabled Version.
If you have Photoshop, the source file for those main menu buttons is "wm_menu_256x64.psd" in the Photoshop folder of the original WM SVN.

If you don't, I could probably spend a little time doing them for you. Just let me know if so.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2015, 12:25:09 AM »
If you have Photoshop, the source file for those main menu buttons is "wm_menu_256x64.psd" in the Photoshop folder of the original WM SVN.

If you don't, I could probably spend a little time doing them for you. Just let me know if so.
I can't draw free hand so I probably couldn't make anything good so if you can go for it.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »
I can't draw free hand so I probably couldn't make anything good so if you can go for it.
OK, here are the requested buttons along with the updated 1024x256 version of the PSD file for them:
https://mega.co.nz/#!4pAg2I7K!Qh999IKEPhzZiLwPs-EMVd5M-2rja7TyDqdiH_JAoQs

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:16 AM »
OK, here are the requested buttons along with the updated 1024x256 version of the PSD file for them:
https://mega.co.nz/#!4pAg2I7K!Qh999IKEPhzZiLwPs-EMVd5M-2rja7TyDqdiH_JAoQs
Nice.
I probably should have had you make disabled buttons for all of them just in case I needed them but this will do.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.05
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2015, 02:15:43 AM »
.06.01.05 is out

Added Strength stat and Cooking skill.
They don't do much right now but are used in farm jobs.
You can train strength in Combat Training.

Combat Training, Intern and Farm Research have been updated a bit.
Most of the farm jobs have been updated for stat/skill use and gains.
I plan on updating all the jobs with the same style.

Catacombs has gotten a big update as requested here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg33090#msg33090
At the moment only the girl's job has been updated, Gangs will get updated soon.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »
Nice.
I probably should have had you make disabled buttons for all of them just in case I needed them but this will do.
Here are disabled versions for each button, and an updated PSD:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Q9BgmKYS!Wl3piV6TxGxSVxKO0JCpG4OuG7IfJRbpCy263zFRRak
I changed the look and coloring slightly for the disabled versions, so the ones I already posted above are updated here.

Also, while playing I've found it a bit annoying not being able to see what jobs a girl will eventually be set back to doing who has been taken off work by the matron due to tiredness. As a quick and simple solution for myself I added that info to the 2nd "More Info" text for girls that are off work due to tiredness. Attached is a patch adding that if you want it.
It might actually be worth adding that info elsewhere for more convenience, such as the job columns on the Girl Management screen. They could for instance be changed to show something like "[Rest] Brothel Whore" to indicate she is resting but will go back to doing Brothel Whore when the matron puts her back to work. The actual job selection listboxes would still have "Free Time" selected, so hopefully it wouldn't be too confusing. Not sure if you want to do that or not, though.