devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938679 times)

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.06
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
Not just you....Avast doesn't like the exe either.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »
Not just you....Avast doesn't like the exe either.
I have avast also and I sent them the exe as well as a link to the source code.
Hopefully they will get back to me as to why it doesn't like it.
I am going back over the changes made from the previous version to see if I can find anything that may be causing it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
Getting ready to download newest now.  Voted in newest poll but wanted to expand on what I would like to see within my votes (Gangs and Customers)

Customers, well here I don't have anything specific other than making the brothel visits customer focused like you said so that girls don't get overworked and there is better distribution of customers.

Gangs.  I would like to see a few more spaces opened as you purchase additional buildings, I would like to be able to tell a gang what specifically to guard.  Weapon levels should be gang specific and should include more than 4, maybe tie the max level to the combat stat so you cannot equip top level weapon to a gang with low combat skill.  Add a patrol job where they search for rival gangs to fight (different from guarding and acquiring, they would intercept gangs on attack missions, and would not fight to death) you might need to add an evasion and retreat stat.

These are of course just suggestions of what would be interesting to see in the gangs system.

And one unrelated item altogether is now that items get auto consumed more aggressively it would be good to have a consumable and auto-consumable grouping so you can control on the item whether it will be auto-consumed or not.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:08:48 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Customers, well here I don't have anything specific other than making the brothel visits customer focused like you said so that girls don't get overworked and there is better distribution of customers.
I have been putting this off for a while because I need to completely rewrite the brothel and it would take a while.
I will get to it when more of the smaller things work properly.

Gangs.  I would like to see a few more spaces opened as you purchase additional buildings, I would like to be able to tell a gang what specifically to guard. 
More gangs have been suggested and I looked into it.
There was talk about making the prison into a buyable building with gangs being based out of there.
It never went anywhere and I forgot about adding more gangs.
I'll check it again and add 1 gang per brothel purchased to start with. Done

Weapon levels should be gang specific and should include more than 4, maybe tie the max level to the combat stat so you cannot equip top level weapon to a gang with low combat skill. 
Add a patrol job where they search for rival gangs to fight (different from guarding and acquiring, they would intercept gangs on attack missions, and would not fight to death) you might need to add an evasion and retreat stat.
I agree with both but I don't really plan on doing anything with gangs again for a while.
Gangs in general need a lot of work and I plan on doing a bunch of smaller fixes this week.

And one unrelated item altogether is now that items get auto consumed more aggressively it would be good to have a consumable and auto-consumable grouping so you can control on the item whether it will be auto-consumed or not.
I have always intended to add a Store Room and Vault to divide items into auto-use and do not use groups.
The player inventory would then become the actual player's items that works like the girls' inventory.
Items in the Store Room would function like the current Player inventory and you could move items into the vault to prevent them from being used.
The vault would also protect items from rivals raiding your buildings.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:08:13 PM by aevojoey »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2015, 06:11:43 PM »
That all sounds great.  One thought on pregnancy occurred to me as well.  Some women experience a phenomenon referred to as "The Glow" this makes her appear more radiant and beautiful.  It seems if you added some variables to pregnancy a girl could become +x more beautiful during pregnancy, or her tiredness could have a modifier so that she gets tired at 1.2 times the normal rate, or if she was very hormonal you could have her charisma, happiness, and love/hate fluctuate.  This could be a 'random' roll with each girl and each pregnancy.  Maybe this already happens to some extent.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »
That all sounds great.  One thought on pregnancy occurred to me as well.  Some women experience a phenomenon referred to as "The Glow" this makes her appear more radiant and beautiful.  It seems if you added some variables to pregnancy a girl could become +x more beautiful during pregnancy, or her tiredness could have a modifier so that she gets tired at 1.2 times the normal rate, or if she was very hormonal you could have her charisma, happiness, and love/hate fluctuate.  This could be a 'random' roll with each girl and each pregnancy.  Maybe this already happens to some extent.
Pregnancy in general needs to be updated.
As it is now, the pregnant images are used the second she gets pregnant.
I want to make it take a few weeks or months (depending on the config.xml settings) for pregnancy to start showing.
I had talked about making pregnancy slow a girl down as she gets farther along.
I didn't think about the glow but that could be added also.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2015, 11:13:28 PM »
I like the idea of delaying the pregnant pics, but I think you would need to an inseminated pic type to show the image for insemination. 

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »
I like the idea of delaying the pregnant pics, but I think you would need to an inseminated pic type to show the image for insemination.

That is a good idea. Show a new image type for the sex that gets her pregnant? You could also do one for birth as well, maybe with differences between human and inseminated?

Offline rxformula91

« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2015, 04:08:05 AM »
I've tried doing the Birth pictures before, but not on recent versions,  I tried it on the code while it was on 00.08.  just named it Birthhuman and Birthbeast as my picture types... it kinda works well, but yeah delaying the pregnant picture would be cool, so that once they get pregnant it doesn't automatically show a large belly. 

I also tried adding another variety of pictures called Racequeen / Campaign Girl to change up the pic in the advertising job, since basically that category just have girls dress up to promote that product or location, so I adjusted advertising job to have that picture category as well one time.

Also just wondering if there will be code for pregnant milking, since girls after pregnancy would generally have lots of milk production... but say would there be a say a few weeks bonus where the girl's milk production is doubled then returns to normal?

Another question, would there be a chance that we can have a config.xml entry for amount of girls in the slave market?  or would it be randomized everytime it loads so that sometimes there maybe only 2 or somethimes there's a whole caravan of them?

Just wondering, Thanks.

I really love the new additions since the last time I played.  Thanks for all the hard work =D

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »
Also just wondering if there will be code for pregnant milking, since girls after pregnancy would generally have lots of milk production... but say would there be a say a few weeks bonus where the girl's milk production is doubled then returns to normal?
When I added the lactation stat I included an increase when the girl is pregnant.
I am currently working on that part of the code but real life has been slowing me down a lot lately.
I hope to have more of the farm jobs, including milking, functional by the next version, hopefully this weekend.

Another question, would there be a chance that we can have a config.xml entry for amount of girls in the slave market?  or would it be randomized everytime it loads so that sometimes there maybe only 2 or somethimes there's a whole caravan of them?
The way gangs work is there are a random number between "AddNewWeeklyMin" and "AddNewWeeklyMax" added each turn and "ChanceRemoveUnwanted" that a gang is removed from the list.
Something similar can be added for slave market girls.
I will add  "SlavesNewWeeklyMin" and "SlavesNewWeeklyMax" when I can.
The "ChanceRemoveUnwanted" would probably not be added for girls with the rational that your rivals bought any girls you didn't.
(They would not actually buy them so you could get the unique girls later but just to make it easier and less crowded.)
A maximum of 20 girls would probably be best (currently 12) so it doesn't excessively bog down the game.

Update:
I have added "SlavesNewWeeklyMin" and "SlavesNewWeeklyMax" to WME and config.xml but not to the game yet.
 - They are controlled by 2 sliders that keep each other in check.
I also converted the Catacombs girl/gang collecting numbers from text numbers to sliders to keep them in 0-100% ranges.
 - I was having some trouble with this part because I made 2 sliders to control 3 variables but I eventually got it working.

Space is getting tight in the config.xml section of WME even after I squeezed it down last time.
If I keep adding stuff to it, I will have to make a second Config page.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:00:53 PM by aevojoey »

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2015, 03:45:45 AM »
When you get around to working on the scripts, a major thing I've noticed is that the "quests" (call to office/send on mission/send on quest) are fairly broken. I can only send them to the tavern, main road, street, or forest. It seems that whenever the variable that tells them where to go is set to "2", it just ends the script, no quest done. I tried adding another 'endif' at the end of the tavern quests, and I was able to send them to the church, but it broke something else, so I ended up just using the original script.

Also, when a girl is working at the studio and gets pregnant, it's always with the player. That probably shouldn't be the case.

Anyway, that's a few things I've noticed. Keep up the good work!

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »
When you get around to working on the scripts, a major thing I've noticed is that the "quests" (call to office/send on mission/send on quest) are fairly broken. I can only send them to the tavern, main road, street, or forest. It seems that whenever the variable that tells them where to go is set to "2", it just ends the script, no quest done. I tried adding another 'endif' at the end of the tavern quests, and I was able to send them to the church, but it broke something else, so I ended up just using the original script.
I don't really edit scripts, but I can check to see why it doesn't work and see if it is something I can fix.
I plan on working on the script editor in WME after I finish the pregnancy stuff so this should be fixed soon.

Also, when a girl is working at the studio and gets pregnant, it's always with the player. That probably shouldn't be the case.
Got it fixed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:09:23 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2015, 01:27:59 AM »
Oh, no....your ending my family videos for fun and profit scheme....at least put it to be a toggle if you want them to be done by you or some random guy.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »
Right? I just don't feel the (in-game) player would have the time on their hands to do all that acting work himself, what with running a business and all, but maybe set it so you could choose to participate in a certain amount of shoots a week yourself or something like that.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2015, 03:44:35 AM »
I don't really edit scripts, but I can check to see why it doesn't work and see if it is something I can fix.
I plan on working on the script editor in WME after I finish the pregnancy stuff so this should be fixed soon.
Got it fixed.

Dear aevojoey,
When you are going to start with your work on the script editor, please keep in mind that there is one big thing that I'm really missing:
There is no order like:
Add trait ( ) to target girl.

By now we can change values of stats and skills , but if a result shall addor remove one of her traits,
 for example: her obedience has increased to >=99 and her spirit has decreased to <=1 than add "Broken will"
thats not possible.
I'm really missing that kind of order.

Kind regards
HuiBui