devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938101 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.19
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
.06.01.19 is up

A couple of bug fixes
Added a few items
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »
I'm sorry  if this has been asked before, but is there any way to make the arena available from the start? Or at the very least, drastically reduce the businesses/gold required to buy it? For those who want to start a game in the arena instead of the brothel?

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2015, 04:02:53 AM »
I'm sorry  if this has been asked before, but is there any way to make the arena available from the start? Or at the very least, drastically reduce the businesses/gold required to buy it? For those who want to start a game in the arena instead of the brothel?
Well you can go the indirect way . Araise drastically the amount of gold at your start by changing the config file with the editor. This should be helpful in any way when you want a start with better conditions.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »
When Player history is added for new games, one of the options will be to start with different buildings.
So if the Player's father was a military leader or arena master, you could start with the Arena instead of a Brothel or House.

I am currently adding a Blacksmith job to the arena so you can make weapons and armor like you make other things at the farm.

Offline Geron

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.16
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
I did add a "hard coded random girl" to the game if the player has no .rgirlsx files in their  Characters folder.
This was added because some parts of the code required a .rgirlsx file in order to work, if the player didn't have one, the game would crash.
They will have no images except the default images and their stats/skills will be low.
Their traits will also be random and can be anything in the CoreTraits.traitsx file.
If you don't have a CoreTraits.traitsx file, then there are several traits that the girl may get.
Any chance of optionally extending this over all random girls?  At least the traits portion?  I guess with individual overwrite too if it can be managed.  Thanks.

Offline Steven007666

« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »
hi everyone, been a while since i lurked here lol, see theres a new version, yes i'm a old noob lol, got some questions as usual, downloaded new version of game, extracted it to desktop, tested it, work ok, now about the images, i think i've got over 20 gigs of girl images saved lol, can i just extract them to the character folder, or is there something else i need to change, thanks.

Offline Lord

« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
As long as you have the girlsx and rgirlsx to go with those images, should be fine to just drop them in the Resources/Characters/ folder. (has 25 gigs myself).
"He urged me to go away, and said that I shouldn't return until I was... "younger and female", were his words, I believe."

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »
hi everyone, been a while since i lurked here lol, see theres a new version, yes i'm a old noob lol, got some questions as usual, downloaded new version of game, extracted it to desktop, tested it, work ok, now about the images, i think i've got over 20 gigs of girl images saved lol, can i just extract them to the character folder, or is there something else i need to change, thanks.
As long as you have the girlsx and rgirlsx to go with those images, should be fine to just drop them in the Resources/Characters/ folder. (has 25 gigs myself).
Well with the newer versions you do not need to put the Characters folder in ./Resources/Characters/ any more if you plan on updating to the newer versions often.
You can now put them in the folder above the folder the game's exe is in so you will no longer have to move the characters each time you update the game.
See this thread - Moving the folders - for more information.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
When Player history is added for new games, one of the options will be to start with different buildings.
So if the Player's father was a military leader or arena master, you could start with the Arena instead of a Brothel or House.

I am currently adding a Blacksmith job to the arena so you can make weapons and armor like you make other things at the farm.

Oh wow I wasn't even aware of this feature. Can't praise you enough for the effort you've been putting in this game. Care to explain how it works a little bit further (or at least link to an earlier post where it was outlined)?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:11 PM »
Oh wow I wasn't even aware of this feature. Can't praise you enough for the effort you've been putting in this game. Care to explain how it works a little bit further (or at least link to an earlier post where it was outlined)?
Player history is not in yet and probably will not be in for a while.

As for the Blacksmith, it will be in the next version, .06.01.20.
I have added the job and added a section to .itemsx files to allow customization to how they can be made by girls.
I am working out the bugs but I hope to make it available in a few days.
I will have to edit all the weapons and armor before they can be made by girls.
.06.01.21 will then have the new craftable items in the other jobs that allow making of items.

WME.8.28 will have the craftable items so anyone will be able to help update all items.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:20:54 PM by aevojoey »

Offline crazy

« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2015, 11:41:16 PM »
Always wanted to make a mining job to go with the blacksmith..  Might have been over complicating it but thought that would be a nice to make it harder to make the good items.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
I posted a pull request to improve the way the girl's "desired accommodation" is marked, by adding in a new marker feature to the Slider control.
https://github.com/crazywm/crazys-wm-mod/pull/1

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:34 AM »
I posted a pull request to improve the way the girl's "desired accommodation" is marked, by adding in a new marker feature to the Slider control.
https://github.com/crazywm/crazys-wm-mod/pull/1
Bed time for me but I will look at it tomorrow.

I pushed what I have for Blacksmith and Items to github.
It is not ready to push a new game version because only a few items have added the Craftable section.

I can probably add more but so far in order for a girl to create an item with the new code she uses:
Crafting, Strength, Magic, Intelligence, Level and then each item costs a certain number of crafting points.
So far I don't really have any guidelines for how much of each they need to make the items.
Basically the simpler the item, the less she needs.
Nonmagical items don't need Magic but could need Intelligence.

I have not really tested it much but it seems to work out.
I need to add a sell all button to the inventory because I always seem to end up with hundreds of shivs and daggers.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:15 AM »
Player history is not in yet and probably will not be in for a while.

I have added the job and added a section to .itemsx files to allow customization to how they can be made by girls.
I am working out the bugs but I hope to make it available in a few days.
I will have to edit all the weapons and armor before they can be made by girls.
.06.01.21 will then have the new craftable items in the other jobs that allow making of items.

WME.8.28 will have the craftable items so anyone will be able to help update all items.

Sorry I must have misunderstood your post. But the amount of work you've done is still incredible. In any case, going back to my previous question, is there any way to edit the game files to edit the cost and businesses required for arena or hospital? I've looked at the file structure and couldn't find anything relating to building cost.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2015, 04:39:42 AM »
In the new MeetArenaTry script, I noticed a numerical error that results in the player not being able to go down a certain path when trying to recruit girls at the arena. I fixed it and am posting my fixed version here.